Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The 2.882 System

Topic closed. 175 replies. Last post 9 years ago by trevadon.

Page 5 of 12
PrintE-mailLink
wpb's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
Charlotte North Carolina
United States
Member #464
July 9, 2002
17392 Posts
Posted: February 10, 2008, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

You're right, the 12 digit calculator rounds off every result to 12 digits or less because of its limits and when you hit the equal sign it divides that result by 2.882 while the scientific calculator divides the number with all the shown digits by 2.882.

If you want the same results on the scientific calculator as the 12 digit calculator, you will have to simulate those limits by re-entering the number as a 12 digit number that rounded off and divide it by 2.882.

re-entering the numbers seem to work.  Thanks for your help!

wpb

Pogo's avatar - wfl
    NC
    United States
    Member #29378
    January 1, 2006
    552 Posts
    Posted: February 10, 2008, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

Made a little Excel file to help the process along. The file should be self explanatory when you open it up. It has a few limitations based on the fact that excel can't be programmed to deal with the varying number of deciaml places, so I set it up to work with the biggest selection of numbers it could handle... blah... blah... blah... If someone could let me know how to fix this that would be great, but if not I hope everyone enjoys it & !!!Bravo to LottoLaughs!!! for coming up with it... Have Fun... Pogo :-)

Didn't realize you couldn't post links - Sorry ---> Instead PM me if you would like the link to it

money up's avatar - chi
      Butner, NC
      United States
      Member #56956
      December 11, 2007
      61 Posts
      Posted: February 10, 2008, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

Hello WPB,

This is money up!, Now that you have made your pruchase and you have tried the system what do you like.  Can you post your perdictions for us?

I like the 901, 678, 789, 321, 201 316, 146, 126

Money Up

Charlotte North Carolina
        United States
        Member #464
        July 9, 2002
        17392 Posts
        Posted: February 10, 2008, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Made a little Excel file to help the process along. The file should be self explanatory when you open it up. It has a few limitations based on the fact that excel can't be programmed to deal with the varying number of deciaml places, so I set it up to work with the biggest selection of numbers it could handle... blah... blah... blah... If someone could let me know how to fix this that would be great, but if not I hope everyone enjoys it & !!!Bravo to LottoLaughs!!! for coming up with it... Have Fun... Pogo :-)

Didn't realize you couldn't post links - Sorry ---> Instead PM me if you would like the link to it

for some reason, I can't seem to get the PM to go to you.

wpb

user044's avatar - Lottery-016.jpg
          Upstate New York
          United States
          Member #48358
          December 23, 2006
          152 Posts
          Posted: February 10, 2008, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Thank You to LottoLaughs for the system and another to Pogo for the spreadsheet.

Seems to work fine just about everywherel

Jeff

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.

Charlotte North Carolina
            United States
            Member #464
            July 9, 2002
            17392 Posts
            Posted: February 10, 2008, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

Pogo thanks for the file, I have one question, the excel file shows 12 sets of 3 numbers.  What do I need to do to get the other 24?  There should be 36 sets

wpb

Pogo's avatar - wfl
              NC
              United States
              Member #29378
              January 1, 2006
              552 Posts
              Posted: February 10, 2008, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Oops, I forgot the other 2 sets of numbers by the time I got everything working right...

Well, it's all squared away now, so let me know if you find anything else that needs tweeking - I set-up the first sheet with results and the calculations on the next 3 sheets - each sheet respective of it digit pairs: Sheet 1 - 1st Digit Pair, Sheet 2 - 2nd Digit Pair, etc.

Thanks for the help, Pogo 

Charlotte North Carolina
                United States
                Member #464
                July 9, 2002
                17392 Posts
                Posted: February 11, 2008, 12:13 am - IP Logged

NC 619, once again it worked in NC tonight.

wpb

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                  Kunming
                  China
                  Member #57910
                  January 23, 2008
                  3626 Posts
                  Posted: February 11, 2008, 4:55 am - IP Logged

Why the first and last 4 digits? Why not use the 2nd set as well? Just curious to know why. Is there any way to truncate to the number of sets? 36 sets are alot to play.

Decatur/Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #55091
                    September 10, 2007
                    719 Posts
                    Posted: February 11, 2008, 5:32 am - IP Logged

I back-tested this theory, using both 2.882 and 2.772, taking a few dates from last week and it did not work.  I find that some systems don't work all the time, but only some of the time so I have to use various methods, which can take me almost all day, just to come up with one number  LOL!

Good theory though, I will keep testing it for this weeks number.

Thanks!

Sunny California
                      United States
                      Member #40295
                      May 31, 2006
                      7712 Posts
                      Posted: February 11, 2008, 8:46 am - IP Logged

Thank you for your system lottolaughs.... just a suggestion if you find this really takes off!  It looks like you are essentially working with pairs.  So for every pair you come up with a set of 12 numbers.  So instead of doing the exercise every draw, you may want to make a chart which corresponds to the 99 pairs (00 pair doesn't work!).  Just a suggestions!

You are so right,calabs,I was just thinking the same thing! That way it will be so much easier. Can't wait to check out Pogo's spreadsheet,maybe it will save me the trouble, LOL! Big Grin

Sunny California
                        United States
                        Member #40295
                        May 31, 2006
                        7712 Posts
                        Posted: February 11, 2008, 8:49 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the system lottolaughs. It worked on my first attempt.

Hit on PA Midday Daily Number with the system. 

Midday draw  (234)  hit boxed!

Thanks again. I will be tracking results, hope the trend continues!

Hello jeepguy!

Nice to hear from you. I hope everyone does some serious backtesting out there before forking out any bucks! Good luck to you and your tracking!

Sunny California
                          United States
                          Member #40295
                          May 31, 2006
                          7712 Posts
                          Posted: February 11, 2008, 8:58 am - IP Logged

hey lottolaughs, i tried it.  ok. i used tenn mid and eve (saturday) using 2.882 and narrowed my field

down. missed by one number on 2 of my tries.  then went back and used 2.772 just for fun and

it worked. didn't play it but it worked.  my question is should i keep using the last 2 draws 1 mid

and 1 eve, or should i seperate mid and eve.  if you have time could you post tn so i can compare

mine to yours. this is weird but i like it.  thanks for your kindness and insight .  kid

Hello flat creek!

There are no rules with this system so, of course, you could try 2 evenings or 2 mids or 1 of each. I will continue using 1 mid/1 eve for my Straight Up! thread so please check over on the Pick 3 forum today to compare even though I will be using 2.882. Perhaps I should start 2.772 thread also to compare since you said it was working for you. I'll keep it in mind. 

Sunny California
                            United States
                            Member #40295
                            May 31, 2006
                            7712 Posts
                            Posted: February 11, 2008, 9:03 am - IP Logged

Thank You to LottoLaughs for the system and another to Pogo for the spreadsheet.

Seems to work fine just about everywherel

Jeff

Hello user044!

Thanks for stopping in! We'll see how it goes this week, whether it's a keeper or another discard,haha!

Sunny California
                              United States
                              Member #40295
                              May 31, 2006
                              7712 Posts
                              Posted: February 11, 2008, 9:05 am - IP Logged

NC 619, once again it worked in NC tonight.

Straight up,now THAT's what we're talking about !!Big Grin

Page 5 of 12