Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

its 1980

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 9 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: February 10, 2008, 4:03 am - IP Logged

we were arguing about this earlier.was this not a fine year or was it?  lots of tragic stuff toos......salami shoes,those old captain and tennille albums,hula hoops and open flame marshmellows.teen flicks,catton condy,etc.  mount helens erupted into a hellacious out of control nightmare.reagan enters the house at the end of the year.who shat J.R. and that oil boom......

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: February 10, 2008, 9:05 am - IP Logged

That was a great year because I was only 16 years old. God I miss my youth and vitality. I would give one of my nose hairs just to go back, even if I was wet behind the ears.

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      51029 Posts
      Posted: February 10, 2008, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Visit the Fountain of Youth!

or

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: February 10, 2008, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

That was a great year because I was only 16 years old. God I miss my youth and vitality. I would give one of my nose hairs just to go back, even if I was wet behind the ears.

I was about 2 years old. LOL

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10390 Posts
          Posted: February 11, 2008, 12:00 am - IP Logged

I loved 1980, I loved the whole 1980s decade.

Let me see, if I remember right, when Regan won the election our hostages were still being held in Iran. Regan got sworn in and within 24 hours the Iranians released the hostages.

The kind of thing that happens when the White House goes from being led by a pussy cat to being led by a cowboy.

The 1980s music was great, Journey, Abba, Air Supply, etc...you know, music you could still understand the words to!  

And then the 1986 baseball playoffs in both leagues, and the Mets-Red sox World Series (poor Buckner, an otherwise darn decent career reduced to one error) were all nail-biting affairs!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: February 11, 2008, 1:01 am - IP Logged

I loved 1980, I loved the whole 1980s decade.

Let me see, if I remember right, when Regan won the election our hostages were still being held in Iran. Regan got sworn in and within 24 hours the Iranians released the hostages.

The kind of thing that happens when the White House goes from being led by a pussy cat to being led by a cowboy.

The 1980s music was great, Journey, Abba, Air Supply, etc...you know, music you could still understand the words to!  

And then the 1986 baseball playoffs in both leagues, and the Mets-Red sox World Series (poor Buckner, an otherwise darn decent career reduced to one error) were all nail-biting affairs!

Funny you mention the hostages. I was actually there in battery Park, in Manhattan, N.Y. when the the hostages were released and on a floatilla going through. I asked my supervisor for an early lunch break just to witness the event.

I was involved in a program at school where I worked one week for credit and went to school the other week. It was a co-op program for kids in high school who wanted to earn credits working at a job and get paid at the same time while earning credits for school. It was a printing job.

Unfortunately I got fired at that job later that month for throwing the day's agendas in the garbage. At the end of the day of printing agendas for the following day, I would have to play messenger and deliver them to various offices around manhattan. But one day during a mescaline trip, I decided to just throw all my deliveries into a garbage can and go home. Needless to say, I got a phone call the following day telling me I was history...lol  But of course I couldn't give two schmidts because I was young and irresponsible.

Battery park was notorious for selling mescaline, and one day I did too many hits. Those were the days where blue collar workers would go to the park during lunch time and buy joints. It was also the era of the big coke use.

I had a hard time explaining to my dad why I lost my job...lol

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: February 11, 2008, 4:31 am - IP Logged

Pac, wait a minute!  Sounds like the late 1960s to me!   I haven't smoked a joint or dropped acid since 1971.  I never liked drugs too much.  I'm too weird already. 

Okay, I give up.  What does this have to do with the Lottery?

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: February 11, 2008, 6:51 am - IP Logged

playing those journey and styx albums after school.watching 'one day a time' or maybe 'mork and mindy' plus waiting for the newest scary movie like friday the 13th.paying a quarter for a good candy bar and waiting patiently for the new rolling stone mag to hit the stands.life was hard for a second grader then,lol.

nanolike's avatar - pink2
                  WorldWide
                  United States
                  Member #55215
                  September 18, 2007
                  76 Posts
                  Posted: February 11, 2008, 7:00 am - IP Logged

And then came PACMAN! PACMAN FEVER! And Arcades on every corner! Party

It's a NanoLike World!

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: February 11, 2008, 8:01 am - IP Logged

Pac, wait a minute!  Sounds like the late 1960s to me!   I haven't smoked a joint or dropped acid since 1971.  I never liked drugs too much.  I'm too weird already. 

Okay, I give up.  What does this have to do with the Lottery?

Good question. I didn't start this thread.

Ummmmm....1980...altered states......Ooops...I meant all states good for one week....There you go...Crazy

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5142 Posts
                      Posted: February 11, 2008, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Ummmm.....I could have sworn>>

someone had a post ask'g what 1980 had to

dew with the LOTTERY ??????????????????

Now the post is GONE  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Now my guil's is GONE  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

GONE from the 1980'ssssssssss

NOW SHE's GONE <<<<<<<<<<

and I just met her sex week's <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< AGO!!!

PLAY 0198 if UR a PICK-4 er>>>>>I PLAY for JACKPOT$$

LOL

PSYKOMO 

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
                        N.C.
                        United States
                        Member #56005
                        October 28, 2007
                        877 Posts
                        Posted: February 11, 2008, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

1980 was awesome!...It's when I first entertained the fantasy of my mom's best friend, uumm....winning the lottery. every since then I have dedicated myself to making that fantasy a reality. no luck yet but after 27 years the dream is still alive. Any dream that still burns after all that time, is a beautiful thing!

other than that I don't remember much about the 80's. anybody who remembers the 80's.....didn't live the 80's!

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10390 Posts
                          Posted: February 12, 2008, 12:22 am - IP Logged

Well, I hit 5 of 6 in the California lotto ( 6 /49 at the time) in 1987. I ceretainly remember that! For a split second I though I had all six!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                            Charlotte NC
                            United States
                            Member #17406
                            June 18, 2005
                            4054 Posts
                            Posted: February 12, 2008, 1:05 am - IP Logged

And then came PACMAN! PACMAN FEVER! And Arcades on every corner! Party

takeemtothebank

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005
                              5582 Posts
                              Posted: February 12, 2008, 1:27 am - IP Logged

Pacman loves Asteroids.