Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

5 + 0 out of 5 + 1

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 9 years ago by sweetbitterkiss.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Does hitting 5 + 0 make people crazy?

It would make me crazy! [ 5 ]  [8.77%]
Oh, so close! It's have to get to you! [ 5 ]  [8.77%]
The number you miss haunts you forever [ 7 ]  [12.28%]
Nice to have $200/ $250 thousand, BUT... [ 22 ]  [38.60%]
I hit 5 + 0 and now, this rubber room.... [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Just ask Alice... [ 5 ]  [8.77%]
Let me try! [ 5 ]  [8.77%]
Other, explain please [ 8 ]  [14.04%]
Total Valid Votes [ 57 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
Idaho
United States
Member #56506
November 21, 2007
6537 Posts
Posted: February 21, 2008, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

I can only think of a response in this way: I hit 5 of 6 in Delaware's original lotto game 3 times (once wheeling and twice QPs), missing the biggest pot of 1+ million and 2 slightly lesser pots.

Given that experience, I would welcome any other 5 + 0 hit on any other game, especially PB since I always PowerPlay.

And how did 5 of 6 more than once make me feel?  I try not to think about it other than giving thanks for the hit.  I don't play DE Lotto games anymore except once in a Blue Moon. 

Congrats on those hits Jake! How much did you collect for each of those wins?

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: February 21, 2008, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

All I aim for is the 5+0.

To 'expect' to hit a 5+1 is a bit more unrealistic, but I would obviously take it if I got it.

I got four 3-0's last night - with all five WB's. 

9-12-36 twice, and 20-22-36 twice. 

I shoot for 5+0 myself... Anything more would be the icing on the cake.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: February 22, 2008, 10:45 am - IP Logged

After I saw the check for whatever I'd get over it.....

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
        Member #33588
        February 22, 2006
        2068 Posts
        Posted: February 23, 2008, 3:42 am - IP Logged

I will do just fine with second price , this means i will get the opportunity to travel to other parts of the world like Australia , Norway and Israel. Will be happy happy happy. 

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          CA
          United States
          Member #57222
          December 23, 2007
          587 Posts
          Posted: February 23, 2008, 8:22 am - IP Logged

I was just looking at some of your states' lottery winnings for 2nd and they don't seem any better than our California Super.  I really can't find a state with the 5+0 being around 200k.  Could someone  post the state with that kind of payoff?  I was just curious.  Unless I'm checking the wrong thing.  I just looked at Fl and it said  a little over $4,000 for 5+0, is that correct?  And yes I really would be happy with any winning  but  to me I think getting that close should be a hire payoff. (like around $100 or $200k). Thanks for any clarification anyone can provide.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
            Member #50124
            February 26, 2007
            601 Posts
            Posted: February 23, 2008, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

I was just looking at some of your states' lottery winnings for 2nd and they don't seem any better than our California Super.  I really can't find a state with the 5+0 being around 200k.  Could someone  post the state with that kind of payoff?  I was just curious.  Unless I'm checking the wrong thing.  I just looked at Fl and it said  a little over $4,000 for 5+0, is that correct?  And yes I really would be happy with any winning  but  to me I think getting that close should be a hire payoff. (like around $100 or $200k). Thanks for any clarification anyone can provide.

Powerball 5+0 starts at $200K and goes to 1 mil if you purchase the Powerplay.  Megamillions, I think is $250K for 5+0.  We don't have that here, so I could be mistaken.  I don't know of any in-state games that pay that much either.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: February 23, 2008, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

What do you say? Would hitting 5 + 0, coming that close, eventually drive you crazy?

Sure, nice to have $200,000 and maybe a multiplier or $250,000 but that has to be nothing like making a score in the millions or tens or hundreds of millions?

Would the number you missed haunt you? And what if you missed it by one digit? (Granted, in this case a miss is a miss!)

I checked "ask Alice" 

I think she'll know.  LOL

I wouldn't mind winning $250,000 at all!! I'd be thrilled.  My answer (if I played PB or MM) would be that it would depend on if I got a QP or used my own numbers.   I've been 1 number away from winning Fantasy 5, but never gotten more than 4/6 in Lotto.  I would be happy to win anything, but of course my first reaction would be "OMG!" thinking I won millions and then experience some disappointment.  Still, as I wrote already, $250,000 would be very nice.

"I just looked at Fl and it said  a little over $4,000 for 5+0, is that correct? "

Yes, it's usually around $5,000 but can be much lower or higher depending on the size of the pot and the number of winners.  I've seen 5/6 pay $2,000 and $8,000.   So there is a very big difference between getting 5/6 and winning the jackpot.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10354 Posts
                Posted: February 23, 2008, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Let's just say on some night when there's a drawing you have a ticket, are sitting home, you watch the drawing, and you get the first five numbers. 

OK, at this point, you're on pins and needles waiting for that other number, right?

I figure either way, if it hits, or not, you're going to have some kind of wild reacion, no? Look at the way people react to a photo finish at a horse race track, and that's certainly not with bets that are going to pay millions.

On one of those lottery ducumenataries, when they interviewed former Dallas footballer HJollywood Henderson (who had won a jackpot) he said when you check the numbers and realize your ticket is a winner "sonething" gores right through you that can't be described.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
                  chicago ill.
                  United States
                  Member #3600
                  February 4, 2004
                  337 Posts
                  Posted: February 23, 2008, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

In Illinois, The Megagame will pay $250,000.00 if you get 5+0...$10,000.00 if you get 4+1...then it is down to $150.00 for a 3+1 .

wyoming, michigan
                    United States
                    Member #53058
                    June 22, 2007
                    637 Posts
                    Posted: February 23, 2008, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Would be great!  Have won a 5 out of 6 on the MSL for $2500.00 and was very happy.  The jackpot would be awesome but am happy with whatever i win.  God bless and good luck.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                      Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5583 Posts
                      Posted: February 23, 2008, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

I aim for the Mega or Powerball, so I get real cheeky with a Mball or Pball, anything after that is the icing.  So 5 + 0 would be great but not hitting the MBAll Pball would drive me nanners.

CA
                        United States
                        Member #57222
                        December 23, 2007
                        587 Posts
                        Posted: February 24, 2008, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

In Illinois, The Megagame will pay $250,000.00 if you get 5+0...$10,000.00 if you get 4+1...then it is down to $150.00 for a 3+1 .

Is this your states lotto game amts or the MEGA Millions payoffs?

If those are your state's numbers  thats  fantantastic.

wantmoney's avatar - chess smart.jpg
                          Delaware
                          Greenland
                          Member #58665
                          February 23, 2008
                          28 Posts
                          Posted: February 29, 2008, 10:54 am - IP Logged

No matter how much it is,  is our life ithink.  GO ON, towards the sun is our life

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                            Idaho
                            United States
                            Member #56506
                            November 21, 2007
                            6537 Posts
                            Posted: February 29, 2008, 11:59 am - IP Logged

No matter how much it is,  is our life ithink.  GO ON, towards the sun is our life

Oogle I have no idea what this even means.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

CA
                              United States
                              Member #57222
                              December 23, 2007
                              587 Posts
                              Posted: February 29, 2008, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

what?What?