Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 2:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Close...But No Cigar

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Astekblue.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
Kentucky
United States
Member #35086
March 12, 2006
10374 Posts
Posted: February 28, 2008, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Got close again tonight. Am hoping that this is an omem for a good hit soon. But I suppose you could play this game rest of your life, and get close. I do enjoy playing it though.

I have cut back on the amount recently, so went with a 12 dollar ticket tonight.

I did feel a " high " pattern tonight , so I went " high " with my first 7 tickets. The other 4 were differant patterns. The last ticket was a QP.

I covered the back end of my high pattern. But as I have cut back on the amount I play each week, I didnt cover the front end of it. My Mistake. ( Of all times to cut back on the amount played ). Bang Head  But it is the quality of the tickets that really matter.

Also the double 20's threw me off. I figured they wouldnt hit again 3 times in a roll. I figured only one 20's number would hit. Once again, always expect the unexpected in the game Of Powerball.   Because I knew number 20 had been slightly Hot recently , and also noticed recently that it was trying to get that way again it seemed. So , I started to go with it , but went with number 21 instead. Isn't that the way it always goes it seems. If I had'nt reduced the amount I played recently , I would have most likely covered the same front end of my pattern with number 20 also , as I usually do this, when I cant make my mind up between two numbers.

Winning number was 20.....24......37......48........53         PB 11

My   number    was    21......37.....40.......48........53         PB  33

Had 3 of them and missed the 4th. number by one ( missed 100.00 )

Won 7.00 so thats always nice. ( Would be nice if this game payed more for 3 )

Only lost 5.00  , so that was cheap entertainment for the night.

Studing the numbers and drawings helps you develope a " feel "  for the game ( long as you dont drive yourself crazy doing it ). You get a feel for the game after awhile of doing this. You get to where you can many times even predict the pattern that will come up , as I did tonight.  And this is no easy feat, as I am sure serious players know.

My lone QP for tonight ????   Not even close.

Best Wishes To All and Good Luck On The Draw.       

" The Best Way To Double Your Money........is too fold it......and put it back in your pocket "

............Will Rodgers

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
    Kunming
    China
    Member #57910
    January 23, 2008
    3626 Posts
    Posted: February 28, 2008, 2:36 am - IP Logged

Got close again tonight. Am hoping that this is an omem for a good hit soon. But I suppose you could play this game rest of your life, and get close. I do enjoy playing it though.

I have cut back on the amount recently, so went with a 12 dollar ticket tonight.

I did feel a " high " pattern tonight , so I went " high " with my first 7 tickets. The other 4 were differant patterns. The last ticket was a QP.

I covered the back end of my high pattern. But as I have cut back on the amount I play each week, I didnt cover the front end of it. My Mistake. ( Of all times to cut back on the amount played ). Bang Head  But it is the quality of the tickets that really matter.

Also the double 20's threw me off. I figured they wouldnt hit again 3 times in a roll. I figured only one 20's number would hit. Once again, always expect the unexpected in the game Of Powerball.   Because I knew number 20 had been slightly Hot recently , and also noticed recently that it was trying to get that way again it seemed. So , I started to go with it , but went with number 21 instead. Isn't that the way it always goes it seems. If I had'nt reduced the amount I played recently , I would have most likely covered the same front end of my pattern with number 20 also , as I usually do this, when I cant make my mind up between two numbers.

Winning number was 20.....24......37......48........53         PB 11

My   number    was    21......37.....40.......48........53         PB  33

Had 3 of them and missed the 4th. number by one ( missed 100.00 )

Won 7.00 so thats always nice. ( Would be nice if this game payed more for 3 )

Only lost 5.00  , so that was cheap entertainment for the night.

Studing the numbers and drawings helps you develope a " feel "  for the game ( long as you dont drive yourself crazy doing it ). You get a feel for the game after awhile of doing this. You get to where you can many times even predict the pattern that will come up , as I did tonight.  And this is no easy feat, as I am sure serious players know.

My lone QP for tonight ????   Not even close.

Best Wishes To All and Good Luck On The Draw.       

" The Best Way To Double Your Money........is too fold it......and put it back in your pocket "

............Will Rodgers

Have you tried this? Okay this is time consuming but what the hell, you got nothing to lose. First take for each number the last 50 draws. For example start with the number 1. Each game that has a one for the last 50 draws write it down. Next step is to make a list whick numbers came out with the 1 so for example you have

1 4 20 23 45 48

1 21 23 49 50 52

1 8 18 19 23 34

1 10 22 30 34 52

etc.......

you would make a list like this

etc.... all the way up to the last number in your game. I don't know if it's 53 numbers or less. Anyway

1 4 20 23 45 48

1 21 23 49 50 52

1 8 18 19 23 34

1 10 22 30 34 52                    4-1 23-3 52-2 etc.... you are trying to determined with pair come out with the number 1 most often. So let's say if after you do this to all the number you find pair that almost always hit together you can play those pairs along with your own hunch. Certian numbers almost always show up together like partners. The key is to find which ones. I don't have a program to do this. If you know one please let me know.  I think it's better to play pairs or even 3 number pairs to narrow your chances. Just trying to help.

Play to win!

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #35086
      March 12, 2006
      10374 Posts
      Posted: February 28, 2008, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Jackpot

Thanks.

Smart way to play. Just as good as any other way.

I  thought of the same thing about a year ago, or a version of it anyway. I wrote them all down.

It helps , and to learn patterns also.

Playing pairs or even three numbers that are popular with each other, ( as you mentioned ) , and also maybe even running them up and down a notch or two  ( or various ways ) , or picking numbers a person feels might come up and turning them into these popular well known pairs ( or more ) , is a good strategy  and is a good way to play especially when adapted to other ways a person is also playing.

I agree with you.

I am sorry, but I dont have a program for this. Maybe someone on the forum does though. I do all my work the old fashioned way, with pen and pencil and just looking and studying the past drawings. Looking for trends and hot and cold numbers. And there are many " differant types "  of trends , if a person looks deep and studies hard. I still discover things about this game that I did not know, even after a year of most every day hard studying. And to try to also develope a " feel "  for the game. It's a never ending process, but a person learns a lot if they stay with it. Have to stay positive also.

Yes, the Powerball game is 1-55  ( for the first 5 ).......and then have to pick one PB number between 1-42 ....to reach the top jackpot.......quite a feat to pull off by any means , thats for sure.

Great insight that you had in your post.

Good Work.

Best Wishes   ,      Gary

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
        Member #48046
        December 7, 2006
        1699 Posts
        Posted: February 29, 2008, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Glad to see you're having a little success with your PB, blue.

I too was a little suprised that 20 came up again, yea it was hot so to speak,but then it went... super-hot?

I was also suprised at another 20's type group, hit again.

UUummm...... For Saturday ( the 1st),   I'm thinking mabey about a teens grouping, (mabey).

And just to throw around a few numbers.... I'll be including  10- 47- and mabey 4- and 8.

Just because you didn't get too many responsesdoesn't mean there aren't a few Powerball fans around.

Are you getting a feel for anything yet?......for Sat?Smile

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: February 29, 2008, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

"Got close again tonight. Am hoping that this is an omem for a good hit soon. But I suppose you could play this game rest of your life, and get close. I do enjoy playing it though."

The last 6 words are the most important.  If you enjoy playing, then that's all that counts, and maybe someday you will win a big jackpot or even get a nice lower prize.  Hope that time is real soon! 

Thumbs Up

I hope it doesn't sound too negative, but I don't think your numbers were close at all, although 3 is still nice to get.  I used to think that way, but I've gotten "close" for 20 years.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #35086
            March 12, 2006
            10374 Posts
            Posted: February 29, 2008, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

X1

Thanks for the response.

Please read my post again.......I did not say it was "super " hot.......I said it was " slightly "   hot.

( No big deal though. )

I would say you have made a good choice. 10 would be a good bet I would say, and I would not rule out 47 either. 47 and 48 had been running " fairly " close to each other some draws back...could happen again. ( thats one reason I played 48 last draw....among other reasons ).

How about 45......been out long time. You never know.

I feel there is a good chance for a 50's number to be on the end again. Also maybe even a double 50's pair this time. They are more rare for sure....but they kinda been scarce ( besides the last couple of times recently ). They did something recently that I had not seen before. They repeated back to back. I have seen them miss a draw and repeat , but I cant remember them doing this before ( since the last matrix change ). In fact I was gonna skip a draw, after the first pair 50's hit, and try them the draw after that....but they beat me to the draw and repeated. But they could come again soon, as they tend to get hot and then get scattered.  But they may stay cold. ( I do feel they should hit more often on average, in the next many draws ).

I hit them quite awhile ago. That night I had 8....23.....37......54......55   PB   28  Drawing came up......7....23....35.....54....55   PB 28  ( 20 million ). I havent gotten over that one yet.

What I call double teens ( as you mentioned ) could come again. If they do, I would think in the front of the line....but possible in the number 2 and 3 position also. But I kinda feel they might be done for a small while....but I could be wrong ( I am a lot ).

I sure would not rule out a " Teen " number coming up single in the first position though.

I also would not rule out a high pattern coming up again tomorrow night. If not , I feel good chance in the next 3 or 4 draws.

I have not had a chance to sit and study or feel the game yet for this Saturday. Will try and do that tomorrow. But I do have a few in mind, but not feeling them strong enough yet to predict.

4-8 does look good. ( might cover it with 3-8....2-8....1-8.....even 5-8.....6-8.....6-10....8-10....let me keep guessing X1.......I will get the right one  in a minute !!!! Smiley

I wish you much luck X1. Keep a positive attitude and believe. Study hard. I have seen some strange things happen, when a person believes.

Best Of Luck My Friend.

Gary

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #35086
              March 12, 2006
              10374 Posts
              Posted: February 29, 2008, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

JustX

I missed the 4th. number by one. ( I was thinking 20 also, but chose 21 instead )

I suppose I should have said. Close to the 100.00 ( as thats more than I usually win )

But anytime I get 3 and miss the 4th number by one........and also pick the correct pattern ( knowing that the way I usually play, I usually run the front end and back end numbers up and down a few numbers , on the patterns I pick ). But I didnt do it that night.

Sad thing was, I e-mailed a good friend of mine and told him what I was gonna play that night , but he got the e-mail too late ( because of  time change ) He got it 12 minutes after the drawing. He is a fantastic player and he had number  37 also and he also had the fifth number ( that I was not close to......24 ).

I  only play for the 5 of 5 really. ( I try for the PB number also, just not as hard ) But I do nail it sometimes , a couple times when I was close. )

When looking for the 5 of 5.......and remembering all the many nights when a person missed the game all together , that always makes it nice to hit 3 and miss the 4th one by one.

If you play on Pool money, its fairly easy to get close a lot of times....but its hard to do it a lot on a small money ticket.

One thing for sure....no matter how a person is playing , I agree that 3 can be gotten more than a person thinks.....even 4 sometimes.....its that elusive 5th. number that a person dreams about.

Best Of Luck To You.................Gary

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                PA
                United States
                Member #22983
                October 6, 2005
                2226 Posts
                Posted: March 1, 2008, 4:19 am - IP Logged

I don't play PB much anymore, but had 4 out of 5 last draw, and 3 and the powerball awhile ago. However if you "claim" to be consistently close you might want to post pictures of the tickets for proof. Talk is cheap here and always has been. I miss by one number A LOT, also had 4 out of 6 on the match 6 and had one number off by one, and the other by three.

However I usually don't bother saying anything because as far as the jackpot goes you LOST. "Close" means nothing to anyone here. My Qp's actually miss by one more than system picks. People also claiming that their so-called systems are consistently working without proof, also eventually try to market their techniques and "scam" people here. That is when they truly win the lottery.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #35086
                  March 12, 2006
                  10374 Posts
                  Posted: March 1, 2008, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Sirbad

Good thing we are not talking in person my friend.

Where do you get off that I mentioned anything of the above.

I responsed to this post ( under the " heart breaker"  post ), as you insulted me in that one also.

Go read that one.

PA
                    United States
                    Member #22983
                    October 6, 2005
                    2226 Posts
                    Posted: March 1, 2008, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

Yeah good thing for "you" because I would tell you the same thing person. Take it like you want it, but like I said the proof is in the pudding and talk is cheap.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #35086
                      March 12, 2006
                      10374 Posts
                      Posted: March 1, 2008, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Sirbrad

The proff  is in what pudding ???? And what talk did I say that was cheap ???  Did I say I could predict numbers everytime ????  Dont insult my honesty and expet me to set by and not defend myself. You amaze me fellow.

Send me your private e-mail and we will discuss this further.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        51178 Posts
                        Posted: March 1, 2008, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Sirbad

Good thing we are not talking in person my friend.

Where do you get off that I mentioned anything of the above.

I responsed to this post ( under the " heart breaker"  post ), as you insulted me in that one also.

Go read that one.

Seems like the same topic in two different threads: you should ask Todd to combine them into one.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

oklahoma city
                          United States
                          Member #53682
                          July 16, 2007
                          2 Posts
                          Posted: March 1, 2008, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

My father hit 5 white numbers and a missed the powerball by a few numbers on a 119 million jackpot, this was a couple of years ago, he won $ 100,000.00. I still wonder how my life would have changed. I still dream of hitting the jackpot myself.  What type of system do you have for picking the numbers?

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #35086
                            March 12, 2006
                            10374 Posts
                            Posted: March 1, 2008, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

kccole

Thanks.

Thats amazing. That would be hard for me to deal with. God Bless him, I wish he had pulled it off. Did he hit it on a QP or his own numbers ???  Both ways are good ways to play. I usually get my own numbers , but I always buy a QP or two also, as I know a lot of winners win that way. I know your Father was happy to hit what he did.

I dont really have any systems. Know matter what people think. I was just lucky last couple times. But I do see patterns in the game, that are easy seen. So I pick my numbers for most my tickets. Trying to get a feel for the game and trying to predict certain numbers or patterns that " might " come up.

But as far as systems go , there probably arent any. But there are certain ways to play that can help. But nothing works every night or works many nights.  But no matter how one plays , it seems the last couple numbers of any 5 are very hard to get and its a turkey shoot on them. Most nights it's hard for me to even get one or two right. Many more nights I dont even hit anything. So, I get excited when I hit three and miss the 4th. one close. That 's rare for me I asure you. When a person does that, its best to not get over confident, and spend too much money the next draw , as he has to keep in mind, that the game is long , long odds , no matter how a person is playing.  But, we all keep trying. I feel its best to set a small money budget on this game, and stick to it. Thats for sure. I have learned the hard way to do that.

I dont think I would ever win the jackpot. That would be luck for sure. But I do try to hit the 5 of 5 , as most people do. That might be an impossible dream for me also. But people do , do it. I just thought maybe one night , I might be one of them, if lady luck shines on me. And I also hope someone on the forum does it also. I would be as happy for them also.

I Wish you the Best Kccole..............Gary

PA
                              United States
                              Member #22983
                              October 6, 2005
                              2226 Posts
                              Posted: March 1, 2008, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Astekblue, I will say this. I have been here for quite some time now, and as I said I have seen a lot of BS. Perhaps you are a legitimate/innocent bystander who is just a regular lotto player I don't know. I just always get sick and tired of people claiming "close-calls" all the time but never provide any tangible evidence, and this usually leads to them trying to sell crap systems etc.

Also they never post any number until "after" the draw. Some claim because they don't want their numbers stolen, yet that is not possible up to about one hour until the draw. Maybe this isn't you. If not, I will apologize, something I rarely do. How about we just put this behind us and move on? Good luck.