Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should you depend on numbers to get your bills paid??

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
chippie's avatar - Lottery-064.jpg

Bahamas
Member #31284
January 27, 2006
8962 Posts
Posted: February 29, 2008, 9:19 am - IP Logged

I have observed where people seem to be depending on numbers to get their bills paid up but this is not a good idea.

Please do not take this the wrong way I am only trying to give my opinion!!

I use numbers as a 2nd option and if I win thats great, and it does go towards bills but if you dont win then how do you get those bills paid ??????????

Remember numbers is luck and chance pay your bills first (out of your weekly/monthly salary) then keep ya fingers crossed you win a number!

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
    Member #4121
    March 23, 2004
    817 Posts
    Posted: February 29, 2008, 9:27 am - IP Logged

No! No! First pay bills!!!

angelm's avatar - anne
      richmond ky.
      United States
      Member #15877
      May 22, 2005
      8472 Posts
      Posted: February 29, 2008, 9:38 am - IP Logged

No way!!No No

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        CA
        United States
        Member #57222
        December 23, 2007
        587 Posts
        Posted: February 29, 2008, 9:57 am - IP Logged

I have observed where people seem to be depending on numbers to get their bills paid up but this is not a good idea.

Please do not take this the wrong way I am only trying to give my opinion!!

I use numbers as a 2nd option and if I win thats great, and it does go towards bills but if you dont win then how do you get those bills paid ??????????

Remember numbers is luck and chance pay your bills first (out of your weekly/monthly salary) then keep ya fingers crossed you win a number!

I think this is  a FANTASTIC thread!

Its seems that in the desparate times we now have, people are depending on the lottery and other forms of gambiling in the hopes that luck  will get  them out of their financial burdens.  I myself have noticed that I play scratchers now,  I have only started playing the lotto in the last year when I have NEVER played from the time it started ove3r 20 years ago.  When I win on the scratcher, I pay an extra bill, but no, I don't depend on it.  But YES, I do play more often because of my situation right now.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10356 Posts
          Posted: February 29, 2008, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

"Scared money" never wins!

"Scared money" is the rent, food money, etc...that should be going to those things instead of being wagered.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Sunny California
            United States
            Member #40295
            May 31, 2006
            7712 Posts
            Posted: February 29, 2008, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

"Depend"? "Lottery"?  Ne'er shall the 2 words meet---- in any sentence. 

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
              West Side of Sunny Florida
              United States
              Member #55048
              September 8, 2007
              3371 Posts
              Posted: February 29, 2008, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

I ONLY pay my bills out of winnings from the lottery.  I use my paycheck for stuff for ME - not bills!!

oh, and if you believe that I have a bridge that I have for sale- cheap!!!

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

chippie's avatar - Lottery-064.jpg

Bahamas
                Member #31284
                January 27, 2006
                8962 Posts
                Posted: February 29, 2008, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

I ONLY pay my bills out of winnings from the lottery.  I use my paycheck for stuff for ME - not bills!!

oh, and if you believe that I have a bridge that I have for sale- cheap!!!

Congrads on ya win hun

WTG!!!!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: February 29, 2008, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

As everyone else answered...NO!  Chippie, I hope nobody here has ever said that, although I have detected desperation in many past comments.  I've seen posts where people say that the Lottery is their only way out, but that's the way millions of people think these days.  It's often called the poor man's 401K.  I also think many people spend way too much on the Lottery if the posts are true, but I won't tell anyone how to blow his money. 

Good post.  I admit that sometimes I take the Lottery too seriously, but I have Lottery Post to blame for that. 

LOL

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10356 Posts
                    Posted: February 29, 2008, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Two guys were roomates in Las Vegas, they had been rooming together for five years.

One month, one of them came up short and put the bite on the other guy to cover the reent for both of them. the guy said he had it, but was surprised to see the other guy in a bind, as he had always come across with his share.

The guy that was short said well, there was a poker tournament coming up and an entry fee.

The other guy said, "A poker tournament" and the guy short on the rent said, "Well yeah- I have the money for that!"

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: February 29, 2008, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

I have many of those stories, Coin Toss.  Don't worry, I'll only tell you one.  Maybe it isn't about gambling, but it's still just as crazy.  Years ago, a woman who worked in my building had a child who was sick and I heard her saying she couldn't afford a doctor.  I gave her the $20 co-pay and said she didn't have to pay me back until she was solvent.  The next month she flew to Chicago to attend a rock concert.

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: February 29, 2008, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

I have many of those stories, Coin Toss.  Don't worry, I'll only tell you one.  Maybe it isn't about gambling, but it's still just as crazy.  Years ago, a woman who worked in my building had a child who was sick and I heard her saying she couldn't afford a doctor.  I gave her the $20 co-pay and said she didn't have to pay me back until she was solvent.  The next month she flew to Chicago to attend a rock concert.

The song list that night at the concert was:

Cat scratch fever

Sick as a dog

It hurts so good

Dizzy miss lizzie

Falling to pieces

King of pain

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
                          Member #19043
                          July 24, 2005
                          7378 Posts
                          Posted: February 29, 2008, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Hello everyone,There's an old saying " You can Win but don't count on it" so i Pay bills first,fun second,goodluck all

Delores247

United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10356 Posts
                            Posted: February 29, 2008, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

The only one (entity) that can depend on anything coming in from any form of gambling is the house.

Lep

LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
                              Fughedaboutit (NY)
                              United States
                              Member #8160
                              October 26, 2004
                              6777 Posts
                              Posted: February 29, 2008, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

Personally I don't think that one should depend on numbers to pay the bills. No Nod  When you bet your last in anticipation of a win and you lose, you only end up deeper in the hole.

The rags to riches lottery publicity gives people who are down on their luck hope that they will get lucky and be able to pay their bills. The ironic thing is that it some times happens and they do strike it rich. Of course we don't hear about the guy who bets the farm and loses. Sad

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up