Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

-Mediocrity Winners-

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 9 years ago by rubberbandman.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
Idaho
United States
Member #56506
November 21, 2007
6537 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2008, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

I'm not defensive. I just have no need for someone who doesn't know me to tell me what I want out of life. I play for a chance at a better life, so yes I play to get wealth into my life. But unlike you, I am not playing for 'power' or for the chance to take over the world. You seem to want to be able to state you opinion, but you don't want to let others express theirs. Go ahead and continue stating your beliefs, but you should expect that not everyone will agree with you and we have the right to state that just like you.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
    mn
    United States
    Member #59040
    March 4, 2008
    276 Posts
    Posted: March 5, 2008, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

I'm not defensive. I just have no need for someone who doesn't know me to tell me what I want out of life. I play for a chance at a better life, so yes I play to get wealth into my life. But unlike you, I am not playing for 'power' or for the chance to take over the world. You seem to want to be able to state you opinion, but you don't want to let others express theirs. Go ahead and continue stating your beliefs, but you should expect that not everyone will agree with you and we have the right to state that just like you.

Likewise;

I've been here two days and you already think I want to take over the world, Is that how I come off here, that's different.

People dont have to listen, but inside they know I am not lying!

Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: March 5, 2008, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

From this thread: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/171456 

don't worry everybody that 173 mill jackpot is MINE today

With great power, comes great responsiblity. I know its a cliche but its how I WILL become the worlds greatest superpower. 

-Wealth and power is where its at.-

Yep.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

mn
        United States
        Member #59040
        March 4, 2008
        276 Posts
        Posted: March 5, 2008, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

From this thread: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/171456 

don't worry everybody that 173 mill jackpot is MINE today

With great power, comes great responsiblity. I know its a cliche but its how I WILL become the worlds greatest superpower. 

-Wealth and power is where its at.-

Yep.

hilarious, you actually looked that up, that's alright, Ive been looking for that but its been moved so I couldnt find, but I see your point. I would like to say I was joking because that was a spur of the moment kind of thing but i do have great aspirations, there's nothing wrong with that right, what would you do if you won -- really think about, everybody here have been saying what my first post stated "impulse buying", so you are not particularly original with your "caring for friends, family, and self" statements. There is a great hypocracy here and you know it just as well as I do.

That quote doesn't really satisfy my taste, LOL   

Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: March 5, 2008, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

So what if I'm not original in my plans. You do what you want, I do what I want and everyone else can do what they want. The point I was saying is that not one person, neither you or I can tell anyone else what they would or would not do if they won a jackpot. I just don't see why it bothers you so much that others don't feel the same way as you. I have no need for power. I don't. I just want to be able to travel, be able to buy things with out having to worry about how I'm going to have to save up for it and not having to worry about bills and other expenses. If that is boring to others, so what. My dream isn't going to be the same as you or anyone else. You want great wealth and power, cool. But that isn't my dream and that doesn't make me a hypocrite.

Some peoples dreams are bigger then others, but mine aren't any less important just because they aren't what some people want.

mn
            United States
            Member #59040
            March 4, 2008
            276 Posts
            Posted: March 5, 2008, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

So what if I'm not original in my plans. You do what you want, I do what I want and everyone else can do what they want. The point I was saying is that not one person, neither you or I can tell anyone else what they would or would not do if they won a jackpot. I just don't see why it bothers you so much that others don't feel the same way as you. I have no need for power. I don't. I just want to be able to travel, be able to buy things with out having to worry about how I'm going to have to save up for it and not having to worry about bills and other expenses. If that is boring to others, so what. My dream isn't going to be the same as you or anyone else. You want great wealth and power, cool. But that isn't my dream and that doesn't make me a hypocrite.

Some peoples dreams are bigger then others, but mine aren't any less important just because they aren't what some people want.

Are you sure, you are saying some convincing comments that suggests a hint of hypocracy.

Actually it doesnt bother me, as you say, I want "wealth and power" so if that's true why would I care what the average person thinks.

It would be interesting to continue this consersation in the immediate future, but at the moment I have a prearranged situation.

Talk to you later, 

Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: March 5, 2008, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

Still not seeing where I am being a hypocrite on my position. In numerous posts and threads, you have said that you want "wealth and power" and that the rest of us here at LP want it too or we wouldn't play. I didn't make that up. Look at the quote above and read some of your posts. So no, I am not being a hypocrite by saying you want "wealth and power" because you said you want that.

And it does seem by this thread and others, that you do care why others play the lottery, otherwise you wouldn't have started this thread in the first place. Either way I'm done with this conversation. Go on believing that we all play the lottery for the same reason. I know myself better then you do and I know why I play the lottery. So, later and have a nice day. Smile

fwlawrence's avatar - Yavill
                Austin
                United States
                Member #9378
                December 6, 2004
                210 Posts
                Posted: March 5, 2008, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

I play so if I win I can be mean to a great deal of people.  I guess you could call it revenge on the people who have been mean to me in the past. I would rub my win in their faces every chance I got.

mn
                  United States
                  Member #59040
                  March 4, 2008
                  276 Posts
                  Posted: March 5, 2008, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

Still not seeing where I am being a hypocrite on my position. In numerous posts and threads, you have said that you want "wealth and power" and that the rest of us here at LP want it too or we wouldn't play. I didn't make that up. Look at the quote above and read some of your posts. So no, I am not being a hypocrite by saying you want "wealth and power" because you said you want that.

And it does seem by this thread and others, that you do care why others play the lottery, otherwise you wouldn't have started this thread in the first place. Either way I'm done with this conversation. Go on believing that we all play the lottery for the same reason. I know myself better then you do and I know why I play the lottery. So, later and have a nice day. Smile

I know you want to end the conversation but I cant get off the fact that you say that you and the others aren't hypocrites.

Did you not say "I play for a chance at a better life, so yes I play to get wealth into my life."

That statement just proves my POINT, you have stated none other than hypocracy 

mn
                    United States
                    Member #59040
                    March 4, 2008
                    276 Posts
                    Posted: March 5, 2008, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

Uff Da!  I Agree! 

I recently said on a thread about cash vs annuity that I have no desire to turn my millions into billions if I ever win a jackpot. 

By the way, a former manager had a heart attack when we worked for a General Manager who was extremely difficult.  He had never suffered from a heart condition before, but one day was extremely bad, and the GM was screaming his head off at everyone, especially him.  The next morning, the store manager got out of bed and had a heart attack in the shower. 

Sorry to tell you this but everybody have a desire to gain wealth and power, even you

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10347 Posts
                      Posted: March 6, 2008, 12:11 am - IP Logged

rubberbandman

Interesting that since you say you know why everybody plays you ask people why they play.

The truly wise know that they don't know

-Chinese Proverb 

Now I can't say anymore to you under the DNFTT policy.

Bye.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8360 Posts
                        Posted: March 6, 2008, 12:55 am - IP Logged

rubberbandman

The stock market isn't doing so well at the present time and has never yielded the return the lottery pays. The lottery however pays better.... no $1.00 investment in a stock will net a return of $500.00 or more.

Given the fact that some people think the lottery is a bad investment no jackpot winner will tell you that. In fact a jackpot winner can invest as he/she will have the capital to do so> Stocks on the market today that yield good returns are expensive and would take a years worth of lottery expenditures to gain enough capital to buy into a good stock.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                          jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                          Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5583 Posts
                          Posted: March 6, 2008, 1:04 am - IP Logged

Wealth is more tangible than power.  Power (social, political etc.) is perception.  Wealth is real.  Mediocrity is a quagmire.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                            PA
                            United States
                            Member #22983
                            October 6, 2005
                            2226 Posts
                            Posted: March 6, 2008, 1:49 am - IP Logged

It's a paradox, you guys are playing for exactly the same reason that I stated but you choose to deny the truth. Believe it or not you ARE playing for WEALTH and purchasing POWER.

You're damn right. No sugar-coating here my friend. However I am somewhat frugal because all of my money came very difficultly, and I do not intend on having more than two cars. Just a lot of toys indoors. Pools and vacations also do not interest me. I will create my own "pradise." I will even post pics when it happens, soon.

However for me the most important thing is financial security and no longer wondering where my next check will be coming from, and if it is coming or not. To take other people making life harder than it should be out of the equation.

mn
                              United States
                              Member #59040
                              March 4, 2008
                              276 Posts
                              Posted: March 6, 2008, 9:12 am - IP Logged

rubberbandman

Interesting that since you say you know why everybody plays you ask people why they play.

The truly wise know that they don't know

-Chinese Proverb 

Now I can't say anymore to you under the DNFTT policy.

Bye.  

interesting choice of words

ps whats the DNFTT policy.