Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

true system

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
mn
United States
Member #59040
March 4, 2008
276 Posts
Posted: March 6, 2008, 10:35 am - IP Logged

a person's lottery system should be true randomness

Avid Playa's avatar - the eye.png
    Freeport, Grand Bahama
    Bahamas
    Member #57164
    December 20, 2007
    120 Posts
    Posted: March 6, 2008, 11:52 am - IP Logged

In my humble opinion, there's no such thing as "random".  The Heavenly Father created and designed everything - so there is a pattern to all things.  To my mind "randomness" is just another word for chaos, which occurs when the initial pattern has been delibrately disrupted by nature itself or by man.  Order vs. Chaos .... and the war goes on ad infinitum.

That's my two cents on the subject.

Pick Smart ... 'cause WINNING is EVERYTHING!  Guitar

United States
      Member #54215
      August 10, 2007
      838 Posts
      Posted: March 6, 2008, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

True That, I do agree there is a pattern!!!!!!!!!!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
        Charlotte NC
        United States
        Member #17406
        June 18, 2005
        4053 Posts
        Posted: March 6, 2008, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

In my humble opinion, there's no such thing as "random".  The Heavenly Father created and designed everything - so there is a pattern to all things.  To my mind "randomness" is just another word for chaos, which occurs when the initial pattern has been delibrately disrupted by nature itself or by man.  Order vs. Chaos .... and the war goes on ad infinitum.

That's my two cents on the subject.

I agree Avid Playa.

takeemtothebank

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3102 Posts
          Posted: March 6, 2008, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

What makes you think random is a good predictor of random?

Say you had the keys to the lottery machine storage and could spend the night running draws.  Would the results of a thousand such draws do better played against the next real draw then a thousand Quick Picks? 

BobP

mn
            United States
            Member #59040
            March 4, 2008
            276 Posts
            Posted: March 6, 2008, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

What makes you think random is a good predictor of random?

Say you had the keys to the lottery machine storage and could spend the night running draws.  Would the results of a thousand such draws do better played against the next real draw then a thousand Quick Picks? 

BobP

I don't, it's just that the majority of people that play the lottery have some sort of method yet the game that they are playing is RANDOM.

All I'm saying is KEEP IT THAT WAY!

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
              Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: March 6, 2008, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

As already pointed out, there is only "Random Like" or "Pseudo Random" "All is in the mind of the beholder" (Mind's Eye).

But the closest to what you say might be done by using some kind of quick picks.

-------------

I guess that we must get into religion here again:

As also said: God is a God of order not a God of random, there is a reason(s) for any and every-thing, RANDOM  (Whatever that would be (?)) was not made a part of creation.

One more time: "All (It) is in the mind's eye of the being" 

More plainly put: It is a thing of perspective (Point of view), a "Soul's Perspective" (As seen from (By)).

Good Luck!

Fernando

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: March 6, 2008, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

I don't, it's just that the majority of people that play the lottery have some sort of method yet the game that they are playing is RANDOM.

All I'm saying is KEEP IT THAT WAY!

I did say that lottery games should be predicted according to random, but I meant: According to the statistics of random on the particular game itself, I never said that predictions should be random as with the use of RNGs (Quick Picks).

The games statistics are produced by what appears to be random factors (Which is not really true as nothing is random), so therefore prediction should be based upon those "Pseudo-Random" statistics of the past draws winning numbers.

Based upon the pseudorandom stats and not upon random or pseudorandom. 

mn
                  United States
                  Member #59040
                  March 4, 2008
                  276 Posts
                  Posted: March 6, 2008, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

If you guys believe so much that there is a plan to this, Why haven't ANY of you won the jackpot?, and if you did you wouldnt be on this site asking for opinions, you would be seeking more valid advice.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7302 Posts
                    Posted: March 6, 2008, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

If you guys believe so much that there is a plan to this, Why haven't ANY of you won the jackpot?, and if you did you wouldnt be on this site asking for opinions, you would be seeking more valid advice.

I can't speak for the "you guys", but it's the over 14 million possible combinations in 6/49 lottos and 146 million + in Powerball and Mega Millions that prevent 99.99% of the players from winning those multi-million dollar jackpots. There are players here on LP that play pick-3 and pick-4 games with $500 and $5000 jackpots that have hit several times. And some have won multiple jackpots by hitting one combination several times.

"you wouldnt be on this site asking for opinions, you would be seeking more valid advice."

If you ask the last MM jackpot winner for advice, they would probably suggest playing birthday numbers even though millions of players probably do exactly that and never win. Other than playing all the mega balls and giving yourself a 1 in almost 4 million chances of winning, there is no valid advice on how to pick the exact winning combination in those type of games. 

Do you think any of the "you guys" would actually give any valid advice to somebody whose only lottery knowledge and credibility is spamming the board with useless comments?

NASHVILLE, TENN
                      United States
                      Member #33372
                      February 20, 2006
                      1044 Posts
                      Posted: March 7, 2008, 12:00 am - IP Logged

We are here looking for the Yellow Brick Road to fame and fortune. 

Perhaps we may never find it for ourselves but we will advance the thinking somewhat. 

Hey!  That would make for a good poll.  WHY ARE YOU HERE?

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                        Harbinger
                        D.C./MD.
                        United States
                        Member #44103
                        July 30, 2006
                        5583 Posts
                        Posted: March 7, 2008, 12:18 am - IP Logged

I like the user name "rubberbandman", sounds sing songy to me. Reminds me of something......................

But for the grace, rhythm, and debonair  rubberyness, here is the real deal The Spinners! Midnight Special! Rubber-band props and all, no lack of fun back in the 70's!

Enjoy!

Warning! This may be too funky for some so be careful, relax, and let yourself become funky with grace, rhythm, and debonairness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce8nfWyX7P4

Long Island, NY
                          United States
                          Member #57412
                          January 3, 2008
                          419 Posts
                          Posted: March 7, 2008, 1:24 am - IP Logged

I like the way you put this.  "Pseudo-Random" he he.  A random selection of your method of predicted numbers.  Many  come out most of the time.  Trick is arranging them with a random touch

JAP69's avatar - alas
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #6
                            November 4, 2001
                            8790 Posts
                            Posted: March 7, 2008, 1:37 am - IP Logged

In my opinion any method used to come up with your numbers for play is random.

Why , The next draw is the unknown .

mn
                              United States
                              Member #59040
                              March 4, 2008
                              276 Posts
                              Posted: March 7, 2008, 8:59 am - IP Logged

We are here looking for the Yellow Brick Road to fame and fortune. 

Perhaps we may never find it for ourselves but we will advance the thinking somewhat. 

Hey!  That would make for a good poll.  WHY ARE YOU HERE?

How do you figure?