Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is this legal? Part 2

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 9 years ago by JackpotWanna.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
Member #4121
March 23, 2004
817 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2008, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Hey Litebets27,

I know this is a bit off the subject.  But thanks for that last line.  I was just in a 7 eleven and the clerk said that a guy bought $60 worth of $1 tickets and won $1,000.  You have just proven that it doesn't always work out that way.

Now, back on the subject,  I think the clerk should have told the first customer to move over.  I doubt it was illegal, but rude as all get out.

On the flip side,  yesturday a clerk told me to move over just to scratch off the portion of the ticket with the winning code because they won't do it for you.  I forgot to do it outside.( I scratch off tickets in the car then go back inside to claim)  He said to step over, I told him "No it only takes me 3 seconds to scratch this part off."  I never new the rule for clerks scratching off the coded section.  Some places I go don't wont you to scratch it off, others won't touch it.  Anyway he waited the 3 seconds without further words.  I got my $5 winning and left.

Cool. I would have done the same thing if I knew it was a winner. Wink

"I know this is a bit off the subject.  But thanks for that last line.  I was just in a 7 eleven and the clerk said that a guy bought $60 worth of $1 tickets and won $1,000.  You have just proven that it doesn't always work out that way"

Never had that problem, they would scractch them for me.

"On the flip side,  yesturday a clerk told me to move over just to scratch off the portion of the ticket with the winning code because they won't do it for you.  I forgot to do it outside.( I scratch off tickets in the car then go back inside to claim)  He said to step over, I told him "No it only takes me 3 seconds to scratch this part off."  I never new the rule for clerks scratching off the coded section.  Some places I go don't wont you to scratch it off, others won't touch it.  Anyway he waited the 3 seconds without further words.  I got my $5 winning and left."