Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

important question

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 9 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2008, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

my signature was apparantly changed to something totally different than what i had posted and also it was something totally immature,i thought i was the only one who could change my signature.how is it that it could be changed to something without me changing it?

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2008, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

LottoMike, did you hotlink the image from another site? Meaning did you direct link it from someone elses site? If you did, they have the ability to change the image to something crude. 

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2008, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

my signature was apparantly changed to something totally different than what i had posted and also it was something totally immature,i thought i was the only one who could change my signature.how is it that it could be changed to something without me changing it?

I read somewhere, that if you get the picture by right clicking and scrolling down to the properties and copying and paste the image url into the editor, it could get erased or changed by the host for that picture.

In other words, some sites don't like people taking their picture via the properties because it takes away from their memory for lack of the right terminology. There's a word to replace "memory" but I don't remember what it is.

I used to be on a site that I used for hosting videos and pics, but I had to pay for the "Blank". I can't remember what that blank was. It's driving me crazy. Can someone please tell me what that word is? Thanx...lol Bang Head

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: March 13, 2008, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

yes i think i might have.does that mean they know i used the image or they just randomly change it?  i guess maybe the person was pissed or something,lol.   the look on my face was priceless.i'm definitely not that way as the signature implied.it was just immature on whoever did it.silly.

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: March 13, 2008, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

yes i think i might have.does that mean they know i used the image or they just randomly change it?  i guess maybe the person was pissed or something,lol.   the look on my face was priceless.i'm definitely not that way as the signature implied.it was just immature on whoever did it.silly.

I think they do know, and wanted to piss you off for drawing off their "Blank". I forget the computer word for it.

Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: March 13, 2008, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

I think they do know, and wanted to piss you off for drawing off their "Blank". I forget the computer word for it.

Bandwidth?

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: March 13, 2008, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

Bandwidth?

That's It ....HA ! I feel so much better. I love you....lol

Phew...

It's funny because I was on the net looking at hosting sites and hoped to see the word. I did see it and by the time I came back to say I found the word, you beat me to the punch...lol

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
                Washington State
                United States
                Member #33973
                February 26, 2006
                347 Posts
                Posted: March 13, 2008, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

I recall people advising someone to do just that when they learned that another person selling a similar item on eBay had used their own photograph of an item rather than taking the time and trouble to do their own photography.  Can you imagine what a surprise it would be to someone trying to sell something if the photograph of the object they are trying to sell turns into a crude photograph for the public to see?  The message is clear, "That will show you for stealing photo and my bandwidth!"  They wouldn't get many bids.

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: March 13, 2008, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

I recall people advising someone to do just that when they learned that another person selling a similar item on eBay had used their own photograph of an item rather than taking the time and trouble to do their own photography.  Can you imagine what a surprise it would be to someone trying to sell something if the photograph of the object they are trying to sell turns into a crude photograph for the public to see?  The message is clear, "That will show you for stealing photo and my bandwidth!"  They wouldn't get many bids.

I may be wrong on this, but  Todd changed the way the editor works by not using the pics stored on your computer because people can't see the picture. The only way now is to either take the risk of the pic being erased or paying for hosting.

There are many pics in my older blogs that don't have the pictures anymore because the host found out and took them away...lol

Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #56506
                    November 21, 2007
                    6537 Posts
                    Posted: March 13, 2008, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

If you need to find a place to host your picture, there are some free hosting websites you can use which is better then taking other people's bandwidth. You can upload pictures for free using ImageShack or Photobucket. Both are pretty good hosting sites.

At the moment, I am actually using Photobucket to host my avatar. 

Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: March 13, 2008, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

thanks chick,i'm still learning about all this stuff,i honestly had no idea what i was doing .i'll be more careful.

Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #56506
                        November 21, 2007
                        6537 Posts
                        Posted: March 13, 2008, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

thanks chick,i'm still learning about all this stuff,i honestly had no idea what i was doing .i'll be more careful.

It's ok. Not everyone is computer savvy and we all learn about these things in different ways. Blue Angel

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23259 Posts
                          Posted: March 13, 2008, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

I may be wrong on this, but  Todd changed the way the editor works by not using the pics stored on your computer because people can't see the picture. The only way now is to either take the risk of the pic being erased or paying for hosting.

There are many pics in my older blogs that don't have the pictures anymore because the host found out and took them away...lol

I've not changed anything about images, there is no way (and never has been a way) for someone to see an image on your computer.  It has to be uploaded somewhere.  How else would someone see it?  Would people have access to your computer over the Internet?  Again, this is nothing specific to Lottery Post, it's the same everywhere, and Lottery Post uses a more powerful text editor than most forum sites.  If you check the Help forum you will see a detailed post about posting images.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23259 Posts
                            Posted: March 13, 2008, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

If you are insinuating that I have changed anything about your signature I have not.  I haven't even been on my computer since this morning.

Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23259 Posts
                              Posted: March 13, 2008, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Again, check the Help forum for detailed instructions for posting images.