Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

do you ever buy lottery based on having a lucky feeling?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 9 years ago by MillionsWanted.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
Indiana
United States
Member #48725
January 7, 2007
1953 Posts
Posted: March 29, 2008, 11:25 am - IP Logged

Yes I do.

Gonna win.Big Smile

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
    Member #24380
    October 21, 2005
    623 Posts
    Posted: April 17, 2008, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

do you ever buy lottery based on having a lucky feeling or a good instinct that you'll win something?

well i hardly ever buy scratch offs but i had a funny urge to just do it while buying a coke yesterday.i bought one for a dollar and won eight dollars back and took the whole family for a mcdonalds dinner.needless to say my three year old daughter is bugging me to go buy a scratch off so she could have another happy meal tomorrow,lol.

Whenever I have had a "Lucky Feeling"  I spent too much on the tickets and got ZIP!  Not even enough for the dollar menu!Confused

Rocket 455's avatar - rocket
      Bellevue, KY
      United States
      Member #53340
      July 4, 2007
      2622 Posts
      Posted: April 18, 2008, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

I try to only play when I'm feeling lucky which happens to coincide with streaks in my pick 3 workouts. I'm up 250 bucks for the month about 1000 for the year... just waiting for the next one. I did play 455 today 50 cent box and I really shouldn't have.

She was made for the straitaways
      She grew up hatin' Chevrolets
      She's a rocket
      She was made to burn. ~Kathy Mattea

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: April 18, 2008, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Whenever I have had a "Lucky Feeling"  I spent too much on the tickets and got ZIP!  Not even enough for the dollar menu!Confused

Same here!  Sometimes I think "this is it" and I don't even get one number.  However, I often don't follow through when I get those feelings and then someone wins at the local supermarket or my numbers (or some of them) are drawn.  Then I wonder if the "gut feeling" was a message, if you know what I mean.  So I guess we need to figure out the difference between a spontaneous whim and listening to that inner voice.

That being said, if I won instead of the other person, then that would mean he/she wasn't meant to be there.   I mean, if someone truly believes that God, The Universe, The Laws of Attraction or some other spiritual guide is connected with winning, then why would that person be guided to your destiny? 

In general, I've never been too lucky, so I'm way past due!   

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1303
          March 27, 2003
          1508 Posts
          Posted: April 18, 2008, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

do you ever buy lottery based on having a lucky feeling or a good instinct that you'll win something?

well i hardly ever buy scratch offs but i had a funny urge to just do it while buying a coke yesterday.i bought one for a dollar and won eight dollars back and took the whole family for a mcdonalds dinner.needless to say my three year old daughter is bugging me to go buy a scratch off so she could have another happy meal tomorrow,lol.

Lottomike...dinner at McD's for the family for a total of 8 bucks?

You had to have ordered off the dollar menu, right? LOL

Yeah, in the past I've bought on an impulse.  Sometimes I won and sometimes I didn't.

It's difficult to know when an impulse is valid, or when you are just fooling yourself by thinking it is...

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

cv844's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
            texas
            United States
            Member #4689
            May 17, 2004
            4121 Posts
            Posted: April 18, 2008, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

I sure do , last week I had a feeling about one of my qps and won. There has been times when I felt that the number was lucky and didnt put extra money on it and it came up. I wanted to kick my butt.

Pogo's avatar - wfl
              NC
              United States
              Member #29378
              January 1, 2006
              552 Posts
              Posted: April 19, 2008, 10:29 am - IP Logged

From time to time I'll get a lucky feel & give it a whirl, but I usually do better, when I go get a few scratchers with my Dad... I'll play a few dollars & he'll say "I don't know what you've been playing but the next one of such and such a ticket is going to be a winner..." more times than not - they sure have been winners... We don't do so good apart, but together we make a pretty good lotto team... Pogo

Talking Rock, GA
                United States
                Member #60369
                April 15, 2008
                398 Posts
                Posted: April 19, 2008, 10:55 am - IP Logged

I do buy a ticket on a gut feeling sometimes.  Sometimes it pays off....sometimes it doesn't.

Most recent time it paid off was when GA's $10 Millionaire Mania tickets were starting.  Bought one just to try out the new tickets.....free ticket.  Cashed it in at the same store, got another one from another roll....another free ticket.  I was looking at the other tickets while the cashier was scanning my winner.  I was looking at maybe getting 5 $2 Georgia Jackpot when I saw the $2 Mega Bucks.  It had been a long time since I played a $2 Mega Bucks....and I've never had much luck on those (unlike the $3 Mighty Mega Bucks).  My gut kicked in and told me to get 5 of those.  So, when the cashier told me I had $10, I asked for 5 $2 Mega Bucks.  Four of the tickets were duds......but one of them (I think it was the 4th ticket)....hit Mega for 5x $3 and a number match for $10.  I went back in and took the moolah. Big Smile

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7298 Posts
                  Posted: April 19, 2008, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

I sure do , last week I had a feeling about one of my qps and won. There has been times when I felt that the number was lucky and didnt put extra money on it and it came up. I wanted to kick my butt.

I don't usually play the afternoon games, but did today on a hunch and I'll find out in about 10 minutes whether or not it was a good idea.

myzeus's avatar - Apollo
                    Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #59677
                    March 24, 2008
                    78 Posts
                    Posted: April 20, 2008, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Yes, I go with my gut feeling. Tell you about something that happened to me at the Sam Houston Race track in Houston, Texas. It was my first time at this track. I went to the cashier and told the cashier I wanted a 2 dollar bet on horse #2. I got my ticket and put it in my pocket and went outside to watch the race. When horse #2 did not come in first I thought I had lost. The horse that won was a long shot. When I looked at my ticket, it was this horse that won. I won $36 on that bet. I figured my spirit guides could not get though to me so they communicated through the cashier by giving me the winning ticket.

Another time, in Houston, I had this urge that I was going to win something. I went to the convenience store and bought a scratch off and won $60 right off.

Another time, here in Ohio, had that same urge like I was going to win something. I bought $10 quick pick Classic Lotto and got 4 numbers right and won $70.

When I get that feeling, I just let it guide me and I don't resist it. Smile

Sandy

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5118 Posts
                      Posted: April 22, 2008, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

LottoMike:

PSYKOME once bough a mega million after my girlfriend told me that I

was COMFASTIC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LOL & JACKPOT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>222222222ALL^^

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                        Member #9517
                        December 10, 2004
                        1272 Posts
                        Posted: April 22, 2008, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

No, I've stopped believing in "lucky feelings". Too often that lucky feeling never materialized any winnings.

Instead I just  bet and hope for the best no matter what.