Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you save your tickets?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 9 years ago by jarasan.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7309 Posts
Posted: March 29, 2008, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

manofmany, you have my vote on the $200,000 win. I, too, would gladly pay those taxes -- while laughing all the way to the bank!

Finally, as you mentioned, to be taxed on $600.00 is ridiculous. The government is so blood thirsty, especially when it comes to the middle-class working people. Now, the government will pull out all the organ stops for the wealthy, summon the trumpeters to announce their arrival at the White House, while demanding the heads of the middle-class at the government-constructed guilotine on the White House lawn for the amusement of the wealthy!

It wouldn't be so bad if we were just taxed on the amount over $599, but the way it's set up, if we win $601, we are actually paying over $70 in taxes on the extra 2 bucks.

Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5541
    North Carolina
    United States
    Member #59855
    March 29, 2008
    31520 Posts
    Posted: March 29, 2008, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

I save the tickets I win with if it's an new ticket out and I win a lot and put it in a scrapbook.  If the clerk will not let me keep it I make a copy of it before I cash it in and keep that.  Some of them will mark out the scanning lines and write paid on the back and let me keep the original ticket (scratch-off ones)

I save my non-winning pick 3 and cash 5 tickets and randomly draw some and play the numbers again at various times and you'd be surprised how many times I have won doing that.

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
      Member #24380
      October 21, 2005
      623 Posts
      Posted: March 30, 2008, 7:30 am - IP Logged

Only for the current year for tax purposes----gains and losses!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5595 Posts
        Posted: March 30, 2008, 10:06 am - IP Logged

I am detail oriented (ie: anal) that I keep my tics and a log in excel. If I win enough to pay taxes then I can have some losses to claim. 

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
          Florence, Alabama
          United States
          Member #8658
          November 13, 2004
          1993 Posts
          Posted: March 30, 2008, 10:28 am - IP Logged

Only for the current year.  If I haven't won anything big enough to enter on my taxes, I don't have gambling gains; therefore I can't declare gambling losses.  So out the old ones go.

I do the same thing.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
            Florence, Alabama
            United States
            Member #8658
            November 13, 2004
            1993 Posts
            Posted: March 30, 2008, 10:36 am - IP Logged

I don't even save the winners. I make a copy of the 500 dollar winning ticket and then cash it in.

Later I can have bragging rights with the copy...lol

I save the winning tickets if the store will let me have them after they cash them but, I don't do it for bragging rights. A lot of people at my job didn't beleive that I hit the numbers as much as I do. I'm starting to beleive them now. It's been a couple of weeks since I have hit anything worth mentioning. I used to hit anywhere from 2 to 5 times a week between the 2 draws on Pick 3.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
              Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5583 Posts
              Posted: March 30, 2008, 10:45 am - IP Logged

You get your money here all of it up to$5000 then next year when you file it counts to your income. You get one of these shortly after claiming. This is a lucky keno hit 1$ 4x bonus 1 game 5 spot.  Notice there is no tax paid top right. It looks like the W-2's you get from work.

irs 2008

This a W-2G, MD. gives you individual tickets for P3-P4, so you never have to go to lottery headquarters unless it is over 5K. If you hit 20 straight P4's at once you collect the entire amount 5K at a time  and settle taxes when the time comes but it is just like income. That is one of my favorite hits, going up to the up to 5K pay place and collecting 5K a day for a couple of weeks.

Litebets27's avatar - power
                Maryland
                United States
                Member #10465
                January 14, 2005
                6065 Posts
                Posted: March 30, 2008, 11:07 am - IP Logged

You get your money here all of it up to$5000 then next year when you file it counts to your income. You get one of these shortly after claiming. This is a lucky keno hit 1$ 4x bonus 1 game 5 spot.  Notice there is no tax paid top right. It looks like the W-2's you get from work.

irs 2008

This a W-2G, MD. gives you individual tickets for P3-P4, so you never have to go to lottery headquarters unless it is over 5K. If you hit 20 straight P4's at once you collect the entire amount 5K at a time  and settle taxes when the time comes but it is just like income. That is one of my favorite hits, going up to the up to 5K pay place and collecting 5K a day for a couple of weeks.

A big congratulations to you jarasan!!

Oh, and YES, I save my tickets for the year.

litebets

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                  Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5583 Posts
                  Posted: March 30, 2008, 11:16 am - IP Logged

A big congratulations to you jarasan!!

Oh, and YES, I save my tickets for the year.

litebets

Thanks Litebets. If and when I play the Keno, I play just one or two games and walk away.  Also, I try to play during the peak time of the most Keno players between 6PM and 9PM, that is when the game software pays the most, you either hit something or walk away, if I wager $6 and hit for any amount I consider that a big win and walk away happy. White Bounce