Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I am so sad, my friend is moving

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 9 years ago by bigato1010.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #23835
October 16, 2005
3475 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2008, 11:13 am - IP Logged

"a lottery forum is not the place, but people often use the internet and join online groups to make friends and to get advice.  "

My opinion isn't based on this being a lottery forum or even any other forum, so much as the overall off-topic content, how well-acquainted Dingo is with LP, and his other options. Dingo describes himself as a regular visitor, but only has 85 posts in about as many weeks. I have a hard time accepting that any personal connection Dingo feels to LP is anything more than an illusion. The other problem I see is that it seems that Dingo doesn't feel that he has any real world alternatives. No matter how kind and helpful we are he needs a real world alternative.

FWIW, I've seen several forums where I wouldn't see much of an issue with a post like Dingo's, as long as the post came from somebody who was a  regular poster and was truly acquainted with  the group. Some forums, especially if they are unmoderated, have an enormous amount of off-topic content, and that allows participants to become much more familiar with the other members. A common interest is a great way for bringing people together, but if your interactions are mostly limited to that common thead, your real knowledge of most members is going to be fairly limited unless you also have communications outside that limited forum. If that's the case you would almost certainly be better off using that outside communication for reaching out to a select few, rather than broadcasting to everyone who chooses to open your post.

luckieStarr's avatar - darven
    philadelphia,PA
    United States
    Member #27080
    November 26, 2005
    507 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2008, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

You should try playing a number relating to your friend and when you hit

you will have money to visit him often.  Since this is a lottery playing site...

make the best of it and hit a number...the only help I can give you is

310 move and 590 man

Leaving  Keep It In until It Wins!

dingo's avatar - lottery of-birth.jpg
      San Jose, California
      United States
      Member #42003
      June 26, 2006
      206 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2008, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

Thanks everyone for your opinion.  Once again I'm sorry for this off-topic post.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: April 1, 2008, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

Thanks everyone for your opinion.  Once again I'm sorry for this off-topic post.

Where KY Floyd and I disagree is on this --  A regular poster or not, often people need a place to reach out, and a person shouldn't be "qualified" to get support or love from others.  This isn't a job interview.  True that you probably should have used the free blog Todd gives us, and perhaps you could have found a board where people discuss this type of problem, but true feelings shouldn't be judged as appropriate or inappropriate.

If you are a member of a church, that might be a place to start to fill the void.  An empty feeling can also be filled with joy by volunteering or visiting others who are alone.  There are lots of elderly folks or disabled people who have trouble leaving their homes and a friendly person to talk to once a week can be a big comfort.  When one door is closed behind you, another one is opened in front of you.

Good luck and stay in touch with your friend.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5124 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2008, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Hi people!

I have a very closed friend. He and his wife are moving to Tennessee Monday 31, 2008. His wife has a new job there.

I am extremely sad now, just like loosing a relative. My heart is very heavy. I want to cry. I am loosing a dear friend. I don't know what my life will be when he is not around.

Have you ever feel like this?

This is the first time I miss someone like this, not even my girlfriend.

THANK$$$$$$$$>>>TO>>>U>>>dingo:

I AGREE with U  >>>TOO>>>U>>>must know some sad new's from PSYKO

that we have HEARD that sunspot baby>>>has been seen in NASHVILLE!!

Have you ever feel like this??????????????????????????????????????????

This is the first time I miss someone like this, not even my girlfriend.........

BUTT>>>& ??? U all know PSYKO must replace a BUTT>>>>>>>>>ASAP!

lol....>>>& noBODY want's to HELP>>>>>>>> a PSYKO>>>>>>>>>>>>

PSYKOMO

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5124 Posts
            Posted: April 1, 2008, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Where KY Floyd and I disagree is on this --  A regular poster or not, often people need a place to reach out, and a person shouldn't be "qualified" to get support or love from others.  This isn't a job interview.  True that you probably should have used the free blog Todd gives us, and perhaps you could have found a board where people discuss this type of problem, but true feelings shouldn't be judged as appropriate or inappropriate.

If you are a member of a church, that might be a place to start to fill the void.  An empty feeling can also be filled with joy by volunteering or visiting others who are alone.  There are lots of elderly folks or disabled people who have trouble leaving their homes and a friendly person to talk to once a week can be a big comfort.  When one door is closed behind you, another one is opened in front of you.

Good luck and stay in touch with your friend.

JXP:

I can't see-saw YOU in CHURCH?????????????????????????????????

BUT>>>>>>>if U got UR "hot" hand's on an AX in  another name

"NAME">>>>>WHAT would U do with UR hottttt (little brain)????????

LOL

PSYKOMO

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31369 Posts
              Posted: April 1, 2008, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

No apology needed.  You reached out.  It didn't bother Todd or he would have moved it.

Dingo - you'll be ok in a while.  You can still talk to your friend on the phone and perhaps visit.

love to nibble those micey feet.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: April 2, 2008, 4:16 am - IP Logged

JXP:

I can't see-saw YOU in CHURCH?????????????????????????????????

BUT>>>>>>>if U got UR "hot" hand's on an AX in  another name

"NAME">>>>>WHAT would U do with UR hottttt (little brain)????????

LOL

PSYKOMO

Psykomo, you rarely make any sense to me, but this time you make even less than usual.  I have no idea what you are talking about, but it sounds like an insult.   I don't have hot little hands....and why can't you see me helping out in a church? 

Never mind..this isn't about me. I just couldn't help noticing your remark. 

Dingo, good luck & God Bless.  Blue Angel 

Pablo Cruise song

Sometimes we all feel a need to change
                Our love we have to rearrange
                And move on to something new, yes you do
                Your dreams feel like they're fallin' apart
                You need to find a brand new start
                But you're almost afraid to be true to yourself

Oh, but it's all right
                Once you get past the pain
                You'll learn to find your love again
                So keep your heart open
                'Cause love will find a way

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: April 2, 2008, 5:29 am - IP Logged

TENNESSEE is a good state except for maybe where i live here in memphis which just made number one on the new FBI ten most dangerous cities,but besides here in the southwest corner its mostly a great place to live.its computerized here just like in cali as far as the lottery goes so your friend will still have the 'ol RNG for draws i in the numbers and jackpot games.keep your head up though,my best friend has been in iraq for five years now and has probably seen his five year old daughter three or four times in that whole period.its sad because those men have families here and they are,hey dingo i'm going to cut the talk on that because it makes me emotional and lets just say i'll be glad when next year gets here and maybe we will see a few changes for the better here in this fine country of ours,stay positive!

NASHVILLE, TENN
                    United States
                    Member #33372
                    February 20, 2006
                    1044 Posts
                    Posted: April 3, 2008, 11:59 am - IP Logged

If he was a good friend to you in California, he will be a good friend to someone in Tennessee. 

California's loss is Tennessee's gain.

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
                      Member #33588
                      February 22, 2006
                      2068 Posts
                      Posted: April 3, 2008, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

THANK$$$$$$$$>>>TO>>>U>>>dingo:

I AGREE with U  >>>TOO>>>U>>>must know some sad new's from PSYKO

that we have HEARD that sunspot baby>>>has been seen in NASHVILLE!!

Have you ever feel like this??????????????????????????????????????????

This is the first time I miss someone like this, not even my girlfriend.........

BUTT>>>& ??? U all know PSYKO must replace a BUTT>>>>>>>>>ASAP!

lol....>>>& noBODY want's to HELP>>>>>>>> a PSYKO>>>>>>>>>>>>

PSYKOMO

Psykomo your respond you give i don't understand, what is your motive ?  Is this a way to disassociate your self or manupulate some one ? Like you everyone's responds is important You dig it?