Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Site update complete -- looks pretty stable

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 9 years ago by BobP.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23262 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2008, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

Todd, you're a scholar and a gentlemen and a Saint for all the hard work that you do!

Thank you! Big Grin Angel

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
    Beautiful Florida
    United States
    Member #5709
    July 18, 2004
    20110 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2008, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

Nice layout on the "new topic " message box , the length is perfect for topic and date. Also the post reply  layout is fantastic, everything is right at your finger.     Thanks....!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3103 Posts
      Posted: April 1, 2008, 12:34 am - IP Logged

I still don't see any means of editing or removing old blog posts.

In replying to a post I see some 7 of the options (smiles horse shoe, etc) are out of the beige box on the right (mouse wheel hold down and right scroll) and as I type the word go out of view on the right side of the bos I'm using 800x600 resolution.  After [save changes] everything looks ok but it's hard to review your work with about 10 letters off the screen every line.

BobP

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
        Wilson
        United States
        Member #54516
        August 21, 2007
        2802 Posts
        Posted: April 1, 2008, 2:00 am - IP Logged

Todd, you're a scholar and a gentlemen and a Saint for all the hard work that you do!

I Agree! GREATLY APPRECIATED.......Thanks for all the long hours and hard work.

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23262 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2008, 10:01 am - IP Logged

Nice layout on the "new topic " message box , the length is perfect for topic and date. Also the post reply  layout is fantastic, everything is right at your finger.     Thanks....!

I'm happy to hear that you like the changes, thanks for the feedback!

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23262 Posts
            Posted: April 1, 2008, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Sorry Todd,I was trying to give you an example of what is happening, but it didn't come out right:If you type a phrase followed by the enter key, then type a 2nd phrase followed by the enter key, then type a 3rd phrase followed by the enter key, you wind up with 3 lines, but since the update was installed when you click post reply you wind up with all three phrases on the same line.

I'm typing this with the Simple Codes editor.

I believe I have found/fixed the problem with carriage returns not showing up with the Simple Codes editor.

Please let me know if there is something else I have missed.

xthundercat2003's avatar - 161784 100002045964044_7086045_n.jpg
              new york
              United States
              Member #52681
              June 4, 2007
              2216 Posts
              Posted: April 1, 2008, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Get a Sexy, Colorful and Cute Comment from Commentsdump.com TODAY! its like i say your the greaters

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23262 Posts
                Posted: April 1, 2008, 10:14 am - IP Logged

I still don't see any means of editing or removing old blog posts.

In replying to a post I see some 7 of the options (smiles horse shoe, etc) are out of the beige box on the right (mouse wheel hold down and right scroll) and as I type the word go out of view on the right side of the bos I'm using 800x600 resolution.  After [save changes] everything looks ok but it's hard to review your work with about 10 letters off the screen every line.

BobP

I'll delete my previous post because it's not a bug report.

Lottery Post is not designed to work at 800 x 600.  It is industry-standard by all measures at this point that 800 x 600 is no longer acceptable from a design standpoint, and I can't provide the things I need to at that resolution.

If for whatever reason you will not upgrade to a modern screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768, then perhaps using a web browser that can reduce the zoom percentage will shrink the page enough to render everything properly.  I know IE7 can do this.  In the lower-right corner of the browser window is a zoom percentage, and if you make it less than 100% (maybe 90%) it may squeeze everything enough to see it all.

The other option, if it's just the editor that is a problem, is to use the Simple Codes editor (which is what I'm using at the moment to type this).  It has a much-reduced feature set and is much narrower on the screen.

To switch to the Simple Codes editor, choose Board Settings in the Options menu.  Then, un-check the Rich Text Editor option and click Save.

I have tested Lottery Post at resolutions of 800 x 600 and lower, and it definitely takes away too much of the functionality and content. 

I don't see the point of fighting a small increase in resolution, but if you think it's a big deal, you're going to have to live with several compromises, and not just with Lottery Post.

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23262 Posts
                  Posted: April 1, 2008, 10:17 am - IP Logged

Adding to my last reply to BobP, in your first sentence you referred to an option that has never been there, and probably never will be.  There is no "problem" there, it is by design.

There are other limitations of blogs too, like you can't post ads in them.

If you want complete control of a blog, with any editorial decisions you like, then I'd recommend you use a free blogging site like Blogger to create it.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    49718 Posts
                    Posted: April 1, 2008, 10:25 am - IP Logged

I'm typing this with the Simple Codes editor.

I believe I have found/fixed the problem with carriage returns not showing up with the Simple Codes editor.

Please let me know if there is something else I have missed.

Thank You Todd!

Have a great Day!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                      Dump Water Florida
                      United States
                      Member #380
                      June 5, 2002
                      3103 Posts
                      Posted: April 2, 2008, 1:59 am - IP Logged

It's not my equipment that needs an upgrade, it's my eyes.  At 1024
                      on my 17" monitor it looks like ant writing to me, not your problem.

The funny thing is, 99.9% of the time LP fits 800x600 just fine such as
                      I never noticed a difference. 

As a simple html webmaster I assume work expands to fill the screen
                      or a bottom scroll bar appears, when I have things running out of the
                      box it's a problem.  Testing 1024 on LP I see that doesn't happen at
                      1024.  I was just reporting what I saw.  

I can shift/enter to stop text from running out of the box.  

The only reason the ad is still on my blog after all these years is you choose to block it as private instead of removing it when we discussed it back then.     
                      BobP