Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

do you play other state lotteries?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 9 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
Washington State
United States
Member #33973
February 26, 2006
347 Posts
Posted: April 6, 2008, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

Years ago when I lived in Vancouver, Washington I used to occasionally buy tickets across the bridge in Oregon, as I went there frequently anyway.  Now, however, I'm a three-hour drive from the border and have no other reason for going, so it isn't practical.

Pogo's avatar - wfl
    NC
    United States
    Member #29378
    January 1, 2006
    552 Posts
    Posted: April 6, 2008, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

yes i drive to virginia to play megamillions. i buy advanced drawing ( 26 is the most ). if the jackpot gets over $200 million I go back and get quick picks for a couple of drawings. only about 40 minutes to state line in virginia from where I live in NC

Same here, I live about 40/45 minutes from VA, and it being just about the only place to go shopping and eating; it's kinda like a 2for1...

Baton Rouge, LA
      United States
      Member #4602
      May 7, 2004
      699 Posts
      Posted: April 12, 2008, 9:34 am - IP Logged

do you play other state lotteries besides your own state?

The nearest state to me that has a lottery is Texas, which is approximately a 3 hour drive.  However, I play other state's lotteries if I get the chance.  My wife's family is in New York, so I play the NY lottery when we go there, which isn't often.

A few weeks ago, I travelled to Idaho to attend a seminar for my employer.  While there, I played Hot Lotto and Wild Card 2.  When I was flying home, I flew through Denver and found a cash exchange stand selling Colorado Lottery tickets, so I played their Lotto game.  Unfortunately, I didn't win anything, but it was worth a shot.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Talking Rock, GA
        United States
        Member #60369
        April 15, 2008
        398 Posts
        Posted: April 15, 2008, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

Whenever I go to South Carolina, I always like to try my luck with their Jumbo Bucks and other tickets.

When I went to Los Angeles to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired (went March 2007), I tried out CA's lottery.

I've also tried out North Carolina's lottery when I go to see relatives.

I've had ok luck with CA and SC.  (Hit a fair amount of winners, mostly breakevens/free tickets or small single-digit winners.)  Only hit one measly free ticket winner on NC's scratchers, though.

But, when I go to another state that has lottery and we stop by a place that sells them, I always try to buy a couple at least, just to try them out.

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

Plainfield, IL
          United States
          Member #20047
          August 10, 2005
          10 Posts
          Posted: April 15, 2008, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

Whenever I am driving through Indiana I'll get some Powerball tickets.  But I don't make special trips out of state just to get lottery tickets.  That's a little too nutty for my taste.

[This Space For Sale]

United States
            Member #1826
            July 11, 2003
            2645 Posts
            Posted: April 15, 2008, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Oh do I ever. It's one of my favorite things to do.

(insert signature here)

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
              Member #24380
              October 21, 2005
              623 Posts
              Posted: April 17, 2008, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

do you play other state lotteries besides your own state?

Yes, I do, considering my state does not have a lottery.  I play PB and FL Lottery.  If I visit in GA, I will play MM.  I rarely go to Texas, but when I do, I play MM there.  We need a MM state on the Gulf Coast.