Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Yorkers Check In!!

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LottoChica23.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
Fughedaboutit (NY)
United States
Member #8160
October 26, 2004
6777 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2008, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

Each time I see someone post on LP, out of curiosity I look to see what state they are from.

New Yorkers on LP really get my attention. I tend to wonder if they are neighbors of mine. After all it's a small world.

I am a New Yorker and I follow the Pick 3 and Pick 4 games. Years ago I was really into Take 5, I am starting to look at that game again.

If you are from New York, raise your hand Thumbs Up

What games do you follow?

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

United States
    Member #3222
    January 4, 2004
    80 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2008, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Hey LottoChica23 I'm in the NY area. Most of the time I prefer to follow the Daily 3 and 4 games but after visiting the official lottery site I noticed something different in Quick Draw. They seemed to have added an extra draw number to make the total 21 instead of 20 but there's no information about it. Would you know if that's a bonus bet similar to sums where you need to put down more money beforehand? I find it hard to believe that in NY they'd pick an additional number with no strings attached, it's so out of character for this state lol.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2008, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

Hey LottoChica23 I'm in the NY area. Most of the time I prefer to follow the Daily 3 and 4 games but after visiting the official lottery site I noticed something different in Quick Draw. They seemed to have added an extra draw number to make the total 21 instead of 20 but there's no information about it. Would you know if that's a bonus bet similar to sums where you need to put down more money beforehand? I find it hard to believe that in NY they'd pick an additional number with no strings attached, it's so out of character for this state lol.

They draw 21 numbers to get the daily pick.  I am confused here.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Fughedaboutit (NY)
        United States
        Member #8160
        October 26, 2004
        6777 Posts
        Posted: April 13, 2008, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

I went to the official NY lottery site but I didn"t see any indication of 21 balls being drawn for Quick Draw nor any sign of a bonus ball. The only information that I saw said: "Every 4 minutes the Lottery's computer randomly selects 20 numbers fromthe field of 1 through 80 and displays them on the Quick Draw monitor".

There is however a Quick Draw / Bonus 7-11-21 contest where you can win up to $100 worth of Bonus 7-11-21 Instant Game tickets. That promotion is taking place at various locations listed on the web site.

Maybe we need to call Yolanda to find out about 21 balls. Yolanda Vega

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

United States
          Member #3222
          January 4, 2004
          80 Posts
          Posted: April 13, 2008, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

They draw 21 numbers to get the daily pick.  I am confused here.

The Quick Draw game is just Keno every four minutes. They normally draw 20 numbers per game but recently they've gone to 20 + 1 extra bonus number. I haven't had a chance yet to stop in any local bar yet that carries the game to see what it's about.

United States
            Member #3222
            January 4, 2004
            80 Posts
            Posted: April 13, 2008, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

If you go here:

http://www.nylottery.org/ny/nyStore/cgi-bin/QuickDrawPastResultsForWeek_Cat_337697_SubCat_337698_NavRoot_302.htm

you'll see yesterday's results and on the far right there's an extra 21st number in green.

Fughedaboutit (NY)
              United States
              Member #8160
              October 26, 2004
              6777 Posts
              Posted: April 13, 2008, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

If you go here:

http://www.nylottery.org/ny/nyStore/cgi-bin/QuickDrawPastResultsForWeek_Cat_337697_SubCat_337698_NavRoot_302.htm

you'll see yesterday's results and on the far right there's an extra 21st number in green.

I see what you mean. Maybe the green ball is tied in to the 7-11 promotion... What?

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                West Side of Sunny Florida
                United States
                Member #55048
                September 8, 2007
                3371 Posts
                Posted: April 13, 2008, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Hey LottoChica23!

I am from Upstate NY and I mostly play Numbers, sometimes Take 5 (when I get a feeling).  Althought I do play Lotto & mega those are more for fun due to the odds. 

I got some coupons in the mail from NY LOTTERY this week for a free qp on the 3 & 4 way with the purchase of a qp.  I ALMOST never use a qp in the 3 & 4 way but with the coupon I couldn't resist.  Tonight is the first time using one of them (got 2 coupons for each game). 

Good luck to all NY Players !!!

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

Fughedaboutit (NY)
                  United States
                  Member #8160
                  October 26, 2004
                  6777 Posts
                  Posted: April 13, 2008, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Hey LottoChica23!

I am from Upstate NY and I mostly play Numbers, sometimes Take 5 (when I get a feeling).  Althought I do play Lotto & mega those are more for fun due to the odds. 

I got some coupons in the mail from NY LOTTERY this week for a free qp on the 3 & 4 way with the purchase of a qp.  I ALMOST never use a qp in the 3 & 4 way but with the coupon I couldn't resist.  Tonight is the first time using one of them (got 2 coupons for each game). 

Good luck to all NY Players !!!

Hi Bashley,

I'm with you, I very rarely if ever us QP for P3 & P4. If I got an offer in the mail for free QPs with the purchase of QPs I'd take them up on their offer too.

Good Luck!

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7308 Posts
                    Posted: April 14, 2008, 9:27 am - IP Logged

They are running a Quick Draw promotion where you can win $100 worth of the Bonus 7-11-21 scratch-off tickets. I can't find anywhere on the New York Lottery site that says they added a 21st ball to the Quick Draw drawing.

srpny's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      New York
                      United States
                      Member #22672
                      September 29, 2005
                      718 Posts
                      Posted: April 14, 2008, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Hi,

I'm from NY and I follow the 3 & 4 number games. I also play lotto, mega and take five here and there.

New Yorks numbers have been a little nuts lately. I like to look on LP to see what's the hot picks.

Kola's avatar - image
                        Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                        Member #28945
                        December 25, 2005
                        1527 Posts
                        Posted: April 14, 2008, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

Hi LottoChica23,

I'm also from NY, and I've played and focused on the Pick 3. I've always believed that studying the "simplest" game - the Pick 3, would give insights about the the "higher" games. So in that spirit I've always jotted down my disparate concepts about these games. Now, I've slowly begun to connect these conceptual ideas together to some nuts and bolts figures, and channel them into something functional for the Pick 5...I hope Your foray into the Pick 5 proves to be a wonderfully creative and profitable adventure...

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

Fughedaboutit (NY)
                          United States
                          Member #8160
                          October 26, 2004
                          6777 Posts
                          Posted: April 14, 2008, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I'm from NY and I follow the 3 & 4 number games. I also play lotto, mega and take five here and there.

New Yorks numbers have been a little nuts lately. I like to look on LP to see what's the hot picks.

Hi srpny,

I havent played lotto in a while. I only pay it when the jackpot is a significant amount. I play Take 5 when the mood hits me.

You are quite right when you say that New York's numbers are a little nuts lately. I can't wait until they get back to "normal".  I can be patient...

Good Luck to You Troll

Fughedaboutit (NY)
                            United States
                            Member #8160
                            October 26, 2004
                            6777 Posts
                            Posted: April 14, 2008, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

Hi LottoChica23,

I'm also from NY, and I've played and focused on the Pick 3. I've always believed that studying the "simplest" game - the Pick 3, would give insights about the the "higher" games. So in that spirit I've always jotted down my disparate concepts about these games. Now, I've slowly begun to connect these conceptual ideas together to some nuts and bolts figures, and channel them into something functional for the Pick 5...I hope Your foray into the Pick 5 proves to be a wonderfully creative and profitable adventure...

Hi Kola,

I agree that studying the "simplest" game can be rewarding when it comes to learning about the other higher odds games.  Back in the day I used to study and play Take 5 and I did learn that my certain group of numbers favored certain months. I really get into the game during that time of year. I came really close last year to getting all five numbers on one game. I did get a number of different tier prizes though. When it comes to Take 5 an Lotto, I like to wheel my numbers and include a "Power" number (same number played in all games) in that wheel. When you are successful in picking the correct Power number, the reward can be sweet.

There are so many creative people on LP when it comes to playing the various numbers games. No matter how much or little one knows about the games, there is always somebody here to take you down another road to go exploring.

Good Luck! Troll

Fughedaboutit (NY)
                              United States
                              Member #8160
                              October 26, 2004
                              6777 Posts
                              Posted: April 14, 2008, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

They are running a Quick Draw promotion where you can win $100 worth of the Bonus 7-11-21 scratch-off tickets. I can't find anywhere on the New York Lottery site that says they added a 21st ball to the Quick Draw drawing.

A number of people have been trying to unravel the mystery of the 21st ball to no avail.

If I find out anything, I will most certainly post the info...Oogle