Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Yorkers Check In!!

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LottoChica23.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7322 Posts
Posted: April 15, 2008, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

A number of people have been trying to unravel the mystery of the 21st ball to no avail.

If I find out anything, I will most certainly post the info...Oogle

Adding a 21st ball might an interesting way to promote Pick 10 where the only bet is a 10-spot and it's drawn just once a day, but Quick Draw is every 4 minutes and can bet a 1-spot through a 10-spot. We have a similar 10-spot game in Ohio called Ten-Oh and I've been doing pretty good matching zero numbers so adding another ball would probably hurt me.

LOL

LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
    Fughedaboutit (NY)
    United States
    Member #8160
    October 26, 2004
    6777 Posts
    Posted: April 15, 2008, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Adding a 21st ball might an interesting way to promote Pick 10 where the only bet is a 10-spot and it's drawn just once a day, but Quick Draw is every 4 minutes and can bet a 1-spot through a 10-spot. We have a similar 10-spot game in Ohio called Ten-Oh and I've been doing pretty good matching zero numbers so adding another ball would probably hurt me.

LOL

This 21st ball has really got me stumped.

It's not like NY Lottery to add a feature and say nothing about it. I put a feeler out to an avid NY Lottery follower, maybe he has the answer... I'll keep you posted. Shifty

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

NITEHAWK61's avatar - wings2
      WESTCHESTER/NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #25041
      October 31, 2005
      106 Posts
      Posted: April 15, 2008, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

Each time I see someone post on LP, out of curiosity I look to see what state they are from.

New Yorkers on LP really get my attention. I tend to wonder if they are neighbors of mine. After all it's a small world.

I am a New Yorker and I follow the Pick 3 and Pick 4 games. Years ago I was really into Take 5, I am starting to look at that game again.

If you are from New York, raise your hand Thumbs Up

What games do you follow?

Hey LottoChica

I'm from Westchester.

I am into Take 5 right now

I dabble in pick 3&4 but not as much after I have hit!!!

once in awhile I play pick 10

and on occasion play Mega and Lotto.

and play a Mega pool at work.

If you go to the www.nylottery.org website there is a place there you can sign up and receive coupons.

United States
        Member #3222
        January 4, 2004
        80 Posts
        Posted: April 15, 2008, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

LOL

One thing I've noticed is that this 21st ball in NY almost always appears to be between 1 and 10 so it might be possible to work any strategies for getting zero numbers around that.

Fughedaboutit (NY)
          United States
          Member #8160
          October 26, 2004
          6777 Posts
          Posted: April 15, 2008, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Hey LottoChica

I'm from Westchester.

I am into Take 5 right now

I dabble in pick 3&4 but not as much after I have hit!!!

once in awhile I play pick 10

and on occasion play Mega and Lotto.

and play a Mega pool at work.

If you go to the www.nylottery.org website there is a place there you can sign up and receive coupons.

Hi NITEHAWK,

I play Pick 10 once in a blue moon. I always seem to get at least 1 number in that game and I have never won anything there.

It's funny that you mention where to go to get free coupons from the NY Lottery. I picked up my parent's mail this evening and my Mom had free coupons from guess where? Yup, the NY Lottery.

Mail For YouI figured that when I checked my mail, I would have some too. Not! Crying

Now I know how to get mine!!! Banana

Thanks,

Good Luck with the Take 5 Troll

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

Bondi Junction
            Australia
            Member #57242
            December 24, 2007
            1102 Posts
            Posted: April 17, 2008, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

New Yorkers can play the lottery online, but their IP address must be in NY State. That's silly, people should be permitted to play irrespective of where they live. It would also raise more revenue for education in New York. 

myturn

"You can submit a subscription application through this web site. You must be a New York State resident over 18 years of age and complete the application with a computer IP address physically located within New York State."

New York Lottery's web site

United States
              Member #3222
              January 4, 2004
              80 Posts
              Posted: April 18, 2008, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

LottoChica any word on what the extra ball in Quick Draw is about? Sure wish I could find something on it but the NYS Lottery page has no explanation. I'm thinking that maybe it's only applied when used with a 10 spot bet or with additional money down.

lothob's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg

United States
                Member #60481
                April 20, 2008
                7053 Posts
                Posted: April 20, 2008, 1:57 am - IP Logged

LottoChica any word on what the extra ball in Quick Draw is about? Sure wish I could find something on it but the NYS Lottery page has no explanation. I'm thinking that maybe it's only applied when used with a 10 spot bet or with additional money down.

I just looked at the NY site and didn't see anything either.  Perhaps this is one of their tests to see if something will produce results without a lot of glitches before they officially announce it! Well, from that bit of cynicism, you can tell I'm a New Yorker.

Has anyone noticed an unusual amount of repeat digit combos being drawn over the last two months, e.g., 078 - 780; 330-303;  I'm also curious if anyone knows whether the ball chambers they use are different for the mid-day and the evening drawings. Further, is it published when they use a back up ball chamber instead of the regular one? Rotation of ball chambers might explain part of the issue of repeat numbers.

Fughedaboutit (NY)
                  United States
                  Member #8160
                  October 26, 2004
                  6777 Posts
                  Posted: April 20, 2008, 2:38 am - IP Logged

I haven't heard a word... Blue Thinking

Maybe they (NY Lottery) are checking to see if we are paying attention.

We are not Bed

Hopefully some explanation will surface soon Surrender

Fughedaboutit (NY)
                    United States
                    Member #8160
                    October 26, 2004
                    6777 Posts
                    Posted: April 20, 2008, 2:48 am - IP Logged

I just looked at the NY site and didn't see anything either.  Perhaps this is one of their tests to see if something will produce results without a lot of glitches before they officially announce it! Well, from that bit of cynicism, you can tell I'm a New Yorker.

Has anyone noticed an unusual amount of repeat digit combos being drawn over the last two months, e.g., 078 - 780; 330-303;  I'm also curious if anyone knows whether the ball chambers they use are different for the mid-day and the evening drawings. Further, is it published when they use a back up ball chamber instead of the regular one? Rotation of ball chambers might explain part of the issue of repeat numbers.

Yes, I can tell a New Yorker when I hear one. Cool

Whatever the NY Lottery is doing they should do it behind the scenes or explain what is going on.

I don't know for sure if they use different machines for Midday and Evening.

However I would think that they use different rotations like they do for Lotto and Take 5. What?

Fughedaboutit (NY)
                      United States
                      Member #8160
                      October 26, 2004
                      6777 Posts
                      Posted: April 27, 2008, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

I got the answer from Mr. Lotto about the 21st green ball in the Quick Draw games Banana

He said: "The green 21st ball is the prize multiplier number for the Quick Drawgame's $1 Bonus feature. By paying an extra dollar for each ticket anyprizes won - including the $100,000 jackpot - will be multiplied by thenumber (1 to 10) on the green ball."

You can read the official response @ http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/columnists/lotto/

Makes me want to run out and play Quick Draw... Leaving

United States
                        Member #3222
                        January 4, 2004
                        80 Posts
                        Posted: April 27, 2008, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Thanks LottoChica, I still hadn't gotten around to finding out what that was about but I figured it would cost more money to have it count in the bet. Now I know why the #1 comes in so much lol.

Fughedaboutit (NY)
                          United States
                          Member #8160
                          October 26, 2004
                          6777 Posts
                          Posted: April 27, 2008, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Thanks LottoChica, I still hadn't gotten around to finding out what that was about but I figured it would cost more money to have it count in the bet. Now I know why the #1 comes in so much lol.

You're welcome...

It would be my luck that if I played Quick Draw and won, the multiplier would be 1! Scared

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                            West Side of Sunny Florida
                            United States
                            Member #55048
                            September 8, 2007
                            3371 Posts
                            Posted: April 28, 2008, 6:35 am - IP Logged

You're welcome...

It would be my luck that if I played Quick Draw and won, the multiplier would be 1! Scared

You know about the bonus Thursdays for quick draw.  Thats the only time to play QD as the payout is too low the rest of the time.

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

Fughedaboutit (NY)
                              United States
                              Member #8160
                              October 26, 2004
                              6777 Posts
                              Posted: April 28, 2008, 7:14 am - IP Logged

You know about the bonus Thursdays for quick draw.  Thats the only time to play QD as the payout is too low the rest of the time.

No, I didn't know that bashley. That is good to know.

If I do play, I will do it on a Thursday.

Thanks for the info. Wink