Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you won a JP the LAST thing you would do:

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 9 years ago by DC81.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

What would you do last, if at all:

Let my ex know [ 6 ]  [10.53%]
Let my "current" know! [ 2 ]  [3.51%]
Take calls from old girlfriends / boyfriends [ 1 ]  [1.75%]
Do anything construed as "flash" [ 4 ]  [7.02%]
Flaunt it [ 14 ]  [24.56%]
Tell any lawyer! [ 1 ]  [1.75%]
Post it here! [ 4 ]  [7.02%]
Stay put (too hard to be anonymous) [ 6 ]  [10.53%]
Buy a Ferrari [ 9 ]  [15.79%]
Other - tell us... [ 10 ]  [17.54%]
Total Valid Votes [ 57 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10354 Posts
Posted: April 15, 2008, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

We've had plenty of what you would do if you win discussions, how about a last thing you would do poll?

Have fun, expound if you want.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5615 Posts
    Posted: April 15, 2008, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

Go to work. After several decent months, this month is challenging to say the least. If I won enough to retire instantly, the last thing I would ever want to do is sell another piece of furniture.

Talking Rock, GA
      United States
      Member #60369
      April 15, 2008
      398 Posts
      Posted: April 15, 2008, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

The last thing I'd do is throw the whole thing down on a craps, blackjack, or roulette table and risk millions on the turn of a card, roll of the dice, or bounce of the roulette ball. Razz

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1954 Posts
        Posted: April 15, 2008, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

Go to work. You can bet if I win a jackpot, I won't be going into work the next day.

Gonna win.Big Smile

DC81's avatar - batman39
          MI
          United States
          Member #54830
          August 31, 2007
          985 Posts
          Posted: April 15, 2008, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

If I could I would've picked five of those choices but I chose other. As hard as it might be, I would not tell anyone I know that I won or anyone period aside from a lawyer to help me get things set up and even still I'd try to keep just how much I won a secret from him/her if I can until the day to collect arrives, which I would hope would come quickly because then the quicker I can get away and escape though before then I might just have to at least let a couple people know but I still wouldn't say how much, but they wouldn't find out until everything is settled and done with and I'd demand they not say anything or I'd probably disown them, heh. I wouldn't be flashy (by drawing attention to myself) as I'm not a showoff and I wouldn't buy a Ferarri. I'd probably wear a disguise at the lottery office and if they made me do an annoying press conference. I wouldn't "spread the wealth" or whatever either aside for donations to charity for tax reasons and maybe help paying tuition for a cousin attending college (again, mainly for the tax exemption if it'd work for me) but aside from that the only cash "gifts" would be only to my mother (with conditions) and grandmother, whom I'd also probably end up buying her house from her just to give her the money so it'd be easier for her to move without the hassel and fix the place up a little and resell though it'd probably be a better idea to just pay to fix it up a little and grant me the power to make the choices since I handle most of her affairs anyway. Family beyond that can go jump in a lake with how they were after my grandfather could no longer take care of things and she was in control and especially the last few years with certain family matters. Same with my old "friends" too they can take a long walk off a short pier. But a lot of things depend on exactly how big this jackpot is.

Wow, I wrote way too much and got a bit side tracked. But there's just so much I would not do and I haven't even scratched the surface, I've thought this over waaaay too much for something that's never going to happen.

You can't predict random.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: April 15, 2008, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

I agree with some of the others. The last thing I would do is go to work, but I definitely wouldn't call any ex's either. That wouldn't make sense to me.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Plainfield, IL
              United States
              Member #20047
              August 10, 2005
              10 Posts
              Posted: April 16, 2008, 12:36 am - IP Logged

I picked other.  I would try to keep it a secret from my entire family and all of my friends if it was a realatively small amount.  If it was enough for me to go nuts and actually live the high life then I would have to let them know.

[This Space For Sale]

dingo's avatar - lottery of-birth.jpg
                San Jose, California
                United States
                Member #42003
                June 26, 2006
                206 Posts
                Posted: April 16, 2008, 12:41 am - IP Logged

let my ex-girlfriend know, that's the last thing I would do.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: April 16, 2008, 12:42 am - IP Logged

Go to work. After several decent months, this month is challenging to say the least. If I won enough to retire instantly, the last thing I would ever want to do is sell another piece of furniture.

I used to sell furniture and so many stores here closed because of the housing market.   I can certainly relate to your comment!

Mrs. Jones:  You've been very helpful.   If I order that chair, when do you estimate it will be delivered?

Nancy:  We're currently out of stock, but I'll call the manufacturer. Just a minute. I'll be right back.

Factory Rep:  You'll have it in 4 weeks. You have my word.

Nancy:  The factory said it will be delivered in about 8 weeks. 

Mrs. Jones:  Well, I didn't want to wait 2 months, but I really want that chair and you've done an excellent job.  

Manager:   You could have lost the sale.   Next time if it's scheduled to be here in 4 weeks, then you just say it'll be here in 4 weeks.  That's what the factory rep said and it's it our computer!  Grrrrr. 

Nancy:  I'm just trying to be careful so she isn't upset if it's a few weeks late.

(12 weeks later)

Mrs. Jones:  Where the *&*^% is my chair?  You keep telling me it's scheduled to arrive any day.

Nancy:  I sincerely apologize, Mrs. Jones. As you know, I've called & followed up every week, and I'm doing all I can to expedite delivery. It's on a truck and will be arriving in FL any day now.

Nancy to factory rep:  I'm checking again on order #PB7654XY I ordered 12 weeks ago.

Factory rep:  Our computer shows that it left 10 days ago, so you should see it on your dock Tues. 

Nancy on Tues (her day off) to manager:  Please make sure the chair Mrs. Jones ordered is scheduled for delivery as soon as it's unloaded from the truck.  It's arriving today.  I'm in the middle of a colonoscopy, but I want to make sure nothing goes wrong since it was supposed to arrive 8 weeks ago. I'm bending over backwards to get this out.

Manager:  I already checked and it will be here on Friday.  Just relax.

(16 weeks later)

Nancy calls factory:  Where is order #PB7654XY I ordered 4 months ago?  It was supposed to be delivered to our warehouse several times and the delivery keeps getting pushed back.

Rep at factory:  It will go into production tomorrow.

chair finally arrives in 5 months

Manager:  Our delivery guys got to the Jones house and unfortunately they dropped the chair, breaking off one of the legs.  You'll have to re-order the chair.

Mrs. Jones:  You are worthless.  You don't deserve to exist.  Without that chair, there's no reason for me to live and it's all your fault.

Store Manager:  Why the f*** did you tell the customer she'd have her chair in 8 weeks?

dingo's avatar - lottery of-birth.jpg
                    San Jose, California
                    United States
                    Member #42003
                    June 26, 2006
                    206 Posts
                    Posted: April 16, 2008, 12:49 am - IP Logged

to justxploring, your story is funny.

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                      West Side of Sunny Florida
                      United States
                      Member #55048
                      September 8, 2007
                      3371 Posts
                      Posted: April 16, 2008, 7:40 am - IP Logged

justxploring - Funny?? Wholy crap, you just hit the (customer/nail/ect) on the head!  I WAS in mortgages and that is the SAME thing that would happen to me.  Often I was told by a rep for a lender that the customer is approved and all set, then 6 weeks later we are still chasing paperwork and the customer is chasing me with a cartoon size mallet! - NOT FUN. 

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                        Member #9517
                        December 10, 2004
                        1272 Posts
                        Posted: April 16, 2008, 7:48 am - IP Logged

I would not flaunt it. Then the whole neighbourhood would know (if they didn't already because of the gossip).

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                          Member #28409
                          December 15, 2005
                          1198 Posts
                          Posted: April 16, 2008, 8:06 am - IP Logged

I would not flaunt it. Then the whole neighbourhood would know (if they didn't already because of the gossip).

That's why I chose not to stay put.  It's a small town here.  Everyone knows everything and they're not ashamed to let you know it!

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                            adelaide sa
                            Australia
                            Member #37136
                            April 11, 2006
                            3300 Posts
                            Posted: April 16, 2008, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

We've had plenty of what you would do if you win discussions, how about a last thing you would do poll?

Have fun, expound if you want.

dontate to a political party

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United Kingdom
                              Member #57145
                              December 19, 2007
                              31 Posts
                              Posted: April 16, 2008, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

My boss is always calling my house telling me to do extra hours, getting stuff wrong and moaning at me with her big mouth, if I won i'll wait for the phone to ring and tell her that her mouth is only good for one thing, then quit.