Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Your own personal "supercomputer" for number crunching?

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 9 years ago by tntea.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
Member #9517
December 10, 2004
1272 Posts
Posted: April 25, 2008, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

I don't consider hitting the jackpot a feasible goal using software and computing power. My goal has always been to try to hit the 4th, 3rd and perhaps even the 2nd prize often enough to make it worthwhile. 1st prize will always be reserved for the lucky one.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: April 25, 2008, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

Those secondary prizes will carry you a long way, in jackpot games. I don't usually mention them directly as some folks think you are making a contract when you're just making a comment

When I made the hit-ratio comment about p3, I even included a "straight" every 6th win, and boxes as the other five wins. Most p3 & p4 games don't have a 2 of 3 or 3 of 4 option. A few do, but most don't.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: April 26, 2008, 2:07 am - IP Logged

i just realize something, something i totally forgot about..It doesn't have to be a supercomputer, or a semi-supercomputer, it can be algorithms...

Algorithms alone will do the job....

i'll like to apologize, because all this time i've been saying that you need a supercomputer to crack the lotto but you actually don't...Something i totally forgot is the word: "ALGORITHMS"....
      If you had the best algorithms, job done, it will do it...I apologize, i just couldn't remember the word...

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: April 26, 2008, 2:10 am - IP Logged

can someone explain what do they mean by "Liability"....

thanks a lot..

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: April 26, 2008, 2:19 am - IP Logged

Why will someone need a SUPERCOMPUTER in their private room/desktop? There is no crazy nerd high school kid studying how much is the universe expanding, or if there is any nutrinos left or any of that stuff...Universe expansion is the kind of work that will require crunching numbers with 30 zeros on it...

United States
            Member #13130
            March 30, 2005
            2171 Posts
            Posted: April 26, 2008, 3:13 am - IP Logged

can someone explain what do they mean by "Liability"....

thanks a lot..

The Georgia cash 3 "liability limit is $10 million" means that $10 million is the maximum amout they will pay out on a drawing, no matter how many people win.

Let's say you come up with a way to predict the winning straight number.

When you play, you would expect a $500 win for every $1 you bet.

You decide to share your idea with all the wonderful people in Georgia, by placing an advertisement in the newspaper saying what the next drawing result will be.

1 million people each bet $1 on the number you selected and it comes out. The lottery is not going to pay out $500 million. They are going to divide $10 million by 1 million people.

In other words, each winner will get $10 (ten), not $500.

Those people will not be happy getting $10, when they expected $500.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: May 1, 2008, 10:40 am - IP Logged

The Georgia cash 3 "liability limit is $10 million" means that $10 million is the maximum amout they will pay out on a drawing, no matter how many people win.

Let's say you come up with a way to predict the winning straight number.

When you play, you would expect a $500 win for every $1 you bet.

You decide to share your idea with all the wonderful people in Georgia, by placing an advertisement in the newspaper saying what the next drawing result will be.

1 million people each bet $1 on the number you selected and it comes out. The lottery is not going to pay out $500 million. They are going to divide $10 million by 1 million people.

In other words, each winner will get $10 (ten), not $500.

Those people will not be happy getting $10, when they expected $500.

Are you saying that if someone actually came up with a winning strategy for the pick3 games, they would be foolish to share it with the general public?

All states have a limit on the amount that can be bet on one set of pick3 numbers so it's unlikely that scenario would ever happen.  Pick3 players usually reach that limit on special holidays or when a set of numbers appears in the news and everyone tries to play them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

JAP69's avatar - alas
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #6
                November 4, 2001
                8790 Posts
                Posted: May 1, 2008, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

As I said:

There are many possible prediction logics, some just would be better in some way(s) than others.

----------

How to develop prediction logics?

By research of course.

First you look at the draws then think and then do some stats work by hand, then study and think some more, then if you can make programs you make some research programs (Tools) based upon the ideas that you got when you took a look at the draws and made some work by hand amd looked at your workouts.

Then you make some more reseach software based upon the ideas that you got from the findings of the first reseach software.

You keep on getting ideas as you find and study stats and keep on fine tunning the reseach software.

Then based upon your findings you think out possible prediction logics.

Then you test out those prediction logics and see which work best.

That gives you more ideas and you test them out, then you try to develop even better prediction logics, then you test them out.

You keep on doing that untill you find the best possible prediction logic that you can come out with.

While doing the above you also make the research software better and better.

In the end you make the prediction program based upon your best prediction logic.

--------

The above is not a fact and even maybe not right, just some quick ideas.

I don't make programs so I really would not know for sure.

----------

For easier games such as the pick 3, a person might make do with hand workouts, make do perhaps, but perhaps would do even better with a program.

I Agree!

Yep,

Work up a program that have hit skip factors that come within a time frame you desire.

You do not need a super computer to do that.

Just organization of your numbers that fit what you desire.

MAGA

United States
                  Member #13130
                  March 30, 2005
                  2171 Posts
                  Posted: May 1, 2008, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

Are you saying that if someone actually came up with a winning strategy for the pick3 games, they would be foolish to share it with the general public?

All states have a limit on the amount that can be bet on one set of pick3 numbers so it's unlikely that scenario would ever happen.  Pick3 players usually reach that limit on special holidays or when a set of numbers appears in the news and everyone tries to play them.

I have learned not to underestimate other peoples' foolishness.LOL

It was asked "can someone explain what do they mean by "Liability""

FWIW, I was trying to illustrate what it meant.

It seems no matter how many times we explain to people, they have this idea the lottery has some loophole that can be used to "bankrupt" it.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                    Member #9517
                    December 10, 2004
                    1272 Posts
                    Posted: May 1, 2008, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

I have learned not to underestimate other peoples' foolishness.LOL

It was asked "can someone explain what do they mean by "Liability""

FWIW, I was trying to illustrate what it meant.

It seems no matter how many times we explain to people, they have this idea the lottery has some loophole that can be used to "bankrupt" it.

No matter who wins or how many, the lotteries usually never pays out more than 50-60 percent of the revenue as lottery prizes. It may be different on some lotteries.

Any way, the lottery commision will get their money.

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: May 1, 2008, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

In a real world where they don't rotate tubes and sets of tubes, justice, trends, patterns, and methodologies might have a chance.

Computers or no computers, once you mess with the history of a tube and not reveal it's new position, then that's what I call "Something to hide". If the only reason stated by the officials was that it was to rotate to prevent wear and tear, and made sure the machine was working right, with pretests, then why not reveal the winning number during the pretest, and what the new positions are for the tubes and what sets of tubes were being used during the setup for the next drawing?

Why would they hide that crucial piece of info from the public?

N.Y. at one time revealed their new tube positions, but stopped. HMMMM.....

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: May 2, 2008, 1:25 am - IP Logged

That's always the case, Pac. They don't care how you went about losing, but let a few people win and it's "Let's go investigate the fortune cookie factory" or "Those numbers were shown on a T.V. show...", but they can hide and (mess) up without consequence. Bah, you can't even get tips without their hand out again (double taxation, that).

For those of you who play p3 & p4, just look for those "glitches" and load the boat like this guy in Michigan did: from their state lottery site

LANSING, April 25, 2008 - A Novi man hit the top prize in the Michigan Lottery's Daily 4 evening drawing on April 23 when the numbers 0329 were drawn.

Anthony Yono had purchased 45 tickets for that evening's drawing. When his numbers came in, each ticket was worth $5,000, giving him a prize total of $225,000. He visited the Lottery's headquarters in Lansing to claim his prize.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5120 Posts
                          Posted: May 10, 2008, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

Use your brain to predict the numbers it is far superior to the PC and much faster.

YES>>>>>>I>>>>>>AGREE>>>>>>>BUTT>>>>

I don't think a PSYKO's <<<<<<<<<< brain is that<<<<<<<<"BIG"

BUT, ...........................>>>>>>>>>>> I do think we NEED a g@@D

WHEEL SYSTEM>>for a JackPot!!

WHAT ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DO-U-THINK'nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

LET>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PSYKOMO>>>>>>KNOW!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5120 Posts
                            Posted: May 10, 2008, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

YES>>>>>>I>>>>>>AGREE>>>>>>>BUTT>>>>

I don't think a PSYKO's <<<<<<<<<< brain is that<<<<<<<<"BIG"

BUT, ...........................>>>>>>>>>>> I do think we NEED a g@@D

WHEEL SYSTEM>>for a JackPot!!

WHAT ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DO-U-THINK'nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

LET>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PSYKOMO>>>>>>KNOW!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO

TRANSLATION:

I believe a math equation does EXIST in a WHEEL format somewhere?

LOL

PSYKOMO

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                              Member #5344
                              June 30, 2004
                              23641 Posts
                              Posted: May 10, 2008, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

TRANSLATION:

I believe a math equation does EXIST in a WHEEL format somewhere?

LOL

PSYKOMO

It is nice you can translate what you are saying now... Takes the guess work out of it..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44