Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ever had an Easy/Quick Pick exactly match your picked numbers?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 9 years ago by DC81.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5541
North Carolina
United States
Member #59855
March 29, 2008
31520 Posts
Posted: May 3, 2008, 11:16 am - IP Logged

I know the odds of it happening are generally high (especially for jackpot games) but has anyone here had it happen?

I have had it happen more than once and that's why I always get 2 or 3 of them along with my other picks.

North Carolina
    United States
    Member #59855
    March 29, 2008
    31520 Posts
    Posted: May 3, 2008, 11:19 am - IP Logged

I have had it happen more than once and that's why I always get 2 or 3 of them along with my other picks.

Oh forgot to tell you this.....I bought a quick pick cash 5 ticket.....actually $5 worth and got 4 out of 5 exactly right on one of them and believe it or not they were in order of the numbers that came up and I won $269.

Never done it since but keep trying.....also got 2 correct out of one of the others and was so excited I did not see it and when the cashier paid me I thought she paid me too much and realized later I had the other win......lol....at the time I tried to tell her it was too much and she said no that's what came up.......I had checked on the lottery site before going to see how much I had won.

Colorado
      United States
      Member #60825
      May 2, 2008
      3 Posts
      Posted: May 3, 2008, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

According to most lotteries websites, 70-75% of their winning tickets are quick picks so when ever a ticket has all the winning numbers there's a 70-75% chance it's a QP.

Please remember (and someone correct me if this isn't accurate or you have newer info) that upwards of 81% of people do Quickpicks so I do not subscribe to the thought process that Quick Pick is a better way. If you go on the PB Website and check the data over the last 10 years- you will find many people that picked their own numbers did win also. If 80% of people picked their own numbers and only 20% had QP, those numbers would reverse themselves.

North Carolina
        United States
        Member #59855
        March 29, 2008
        31520 Posts
        Posted: May 3, 2008, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

Please remember (and someone correct me if this isn't accurate or you have newer info) that upwards of 81% of people do Quickpicks so I do not subscribe to the thought process that Quick Pick is a better way. If you go on the PB Website and check the data over the last 10 years- you will find many people that picked their own numbers did win also. If 80% of people picked their own numbers and only 20% had QP, those numbers would reverse themselves.

Interesting data!......thanks for your input!

DC81's avatar - batman39
          MI
          United States
          Member #54830
          August 31, 2007
          985 Posts
          Posted: May 3, 2008, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

You'd have to find what percentage of the percentages are winners to get a more accurate idea but even still due to the huge difference between the two methods it would probably need a little more work with the figures but just doing that would give a better idea. It'd be much easier if it was 50/50 for each since they'd be on an even playing field..

Anyway, I bought another five picks for the last drawing yesterday, so out of fifteen picks I got three numbers with one being used twice. So maybe if I had 30 picks I would have matched all six numbers across the tickets....... Or just had three still...

You can't predict random.

DC81's avatar - batman39
            MI
            United States
            Member #54830
            August 31, 2007
            985 Posts
            Posted: May 5, 2008, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

Well, five EP I bought two days ago in another town about 15 miles away and two (with three self picked) I bought today. Last row on each shares two numbers with the third on the second ticket being one off on the first ticket. Then of course there's several plays with same numbers but nothing like the last time.

You can't predict random.