Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Same Mega Ball three drawings in a row...

Topic closed. 57 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
benmas's avatar - waveform
Rhode Island
United States
Member #56010
October 28, 2007
434 Posts
Posted: May 9, 2008, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

the bonus ball 26 coming out three times is just coincidence...the drawings are not fixed...they have created a game with 176 million combinations..what more do they need to fix ...and they actually do need say 5 or 10 minutes before draw to make sure that the terminals are shut down and no more tickets are being sold so that no one buys a ticket while the balls are being drawn...nothing to do with conspiracy or payouts or nothing..they once held a draw in Ny time square where you could see the draw inside studio from the window...they really dont care what numbers come up..there are too many tickets being sold everey time with millions of different combos and only one combo is winner...they know the statistics and therefore created this game format...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19824 Posts
    Posted: May 9, 2008, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

I just returned from playing my MegaMillions numbers eight minutes ago, I doubt if the central computer will know what I played before the drawing.  Ohio has my numbers and they will have to send them to where ever the MegaMillions central computer is.  Good luck if you played too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #10720
      January 23, 2005
      933 Posts
      Posted: May 9, 2008, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Remember that the odds are 1 in 2116 starting at any certain drawing that the two after will be the same BB. Divide the odds by the number of total drawings, is the odds that it would happen sometime in that period. Once the first two have already occurred, the odds on the third one are (ideally) 1 in 46 as usual. I thought I heard the Mega Millions Company is deciding now to remove the lead core from the #26 ball and put it into the #.. opps, gotta go!

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #33719
        February 24, 2006
        705 Posts
        Posted: May 10, 2008, 2:22 am - IP Logged

The same thing happened last year.

02/16/07 - 17 35 40 46 48  +41
        02/13/07 - 03 09 24 29 41  +41
        02/09/07 - 32 39 46 48 49  +41

Interesting Coincidence - Hmmm!

02/20/07 -> 01 - 09 - 26 - 46 - 51  MB 11

02/16/07 -> 17 - 35 - 40 - 46 - 48  MB 41
        02/13/07 -> 03 - 09 - 24 - 29 - 41  MB 41
        02/09/07 -> 32 - 39 - 46 - 48 - 49  MB 41

===========================================

05/09/2008 -> 16 - 31 - 43 - 46 - 56  MB 22

05/06/2008 -> 04 - 21 - 46 - 53 - 54  MB 26
        05/02/2008 -> 08 - 28 - 37 - 53 - 55  MB 26
        04/29/2008 -> 19 - 24 - 35 - 44 - 51  MB 26

I wonder if the ending digit in the megaball
        is a possible predictor of a future draw??

Hmmm . . . .

Good Luck!
        LottoL

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
          Member #28409
          December 15, 2005
          1198 Posts
          Posted: May 10, 2008, 7:01 am - IP Logged

Remember that the odds are 1 in 2116 starting at any certain drawing that the two after will be the same BB. Divide the odds by the number of total drawings, is the odds that it would happen sometime in that period. Once the first two have already occurred, the odds on the third one are (ideally) 1 in 46 as usual. I thought I heard the Mega Millions Company is deciding now to remove the lead core from the #26 ball and put it into the #.. opps, gotta go!

Green laugh

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
            Member #28409
            December 15, 2005
            1198 Posts
            Posted: May 10, 2008, 7:03 am - IP Logged

Interesting Coincidence - Hmmm!

02/20/07 -> 01 - 09 - 26 - 46 - 51  MB 11

02/16/07 -> 17 - 35 - 40 - 46 - 48  MB 41
            02/13/07 -> 03 - 09 - 24 - 29 - 41  MB 41
            02/09/07 -> 32 - 39 - 46 - 48 - 49  MB 41

===========================================

05/09/2008 -> 16 - 31 - 43 - 46 - 56  MB 22

05/06/2008 -> 04 - 21 - 46 - 53 - 54  MB 26
            05/02/2008 -> 08 - 28 - 37 - 53 - 55  MB 26
            04/29/2008 -> 19 - 24 - 35 - 44 - 51  MB 26

I wonder if the ending digit in the megaball
            is a possible predictor of a future draw??

Hmmm . . . .

Good Luck!
            LottoL

Wow!  Another great obsveration!  Thank you!  I don't care what the skeptics say.  I'm not so naive as to believe that a multi billion dollar industry isn't going to take some subtle measures to protect their interests.

benmas's avatar - waveform
              Rhode Island
              United States
              Member #56010
              October 28, 2007
              434 Posts
              Posted: May 11, 2008, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Wow!  Another great obsveration!  Thank you!  I don't care what the skeptics say.  I'm not so naive as to believe that a multi billion dollar industry isn't going to take some subtle measures to protect their interests.

If you think like that then you should not play...this game is random and with 176 million combos of course you can find all sort of patterns (repeating last digits occur about 50% of time what's the big deal that another one showed up to make it three)..there are other things like three consecutive numbers in a row which statistically should occur 3% of the time..one number from previous draw has a 33% chance to repeat again and two of them has a 5% to repeat...so when people like you see some "unusual result' they think that something is going on... it is just that one of them 3% chance statistic occurences shows up and it makes you think that something is wrong..its not..i dont understand why the conspiracy theory...they have 176 million different combinations...if they want to make it harder they will add more balls to the game format..no need to rig anything..its way difficult already

Texas
                United States
                Member #33719
                February 24, 2006
                705 Posts
                Posted: May 11, 2008, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

If you think like that then you should not play...this game is random and with 176 million combos of course you can find all sort of patterns (repeating last digits occur about 50% of time what's the big deal that another one showed up to make it three)..there are other things like three consecutive numbers in a row which statistically should occur 3% of the time..one number from previous draw has a 33% chance to repeat again and two of them has a 5% to repeat...so when people like you see some "unusual result' they think that something is going on... it is just that one of them 3% chance statistic occurences shows up and it makes you think that something is wrong..its not..i dont understand why the conspiracy theory...they have 176 million different combinations...if they want to make it harder they will add more balls to the game format..no need to rig anything..its way difficult already

Megamillions is starting to look like a random draw now  - at least to me anyway!  It's about time.  Now youv'e got five numbers out past 33 draws.  This hasn't happened in a while.  I guess those working on G'time monitor this lotterypost website for their info.  G'timers, keep this random draw going a little while longer as this is extremely helpful in my analysis!!

LottoL

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                  Member #28409
                  December 15, 2005
                  1198 Posts
                  Posted: May 11, 2008, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

for your information, I have always thought  it was rigged.   Anyone here that knows me, knows that.  It really doesn't have anything to do with the three mb's in a row.  Although it isn't hurtin' my theories any.  Sorry if that offends you in some sick way., but it isn't your money I'm spending.Clown

Maryland
                    United States
                    Member #35590
                    March 20, 2006
                    185 Posts
                    Posted: May 12, 2008, 10:47 am - IP Logged

Anyone who keeps claiming that the game is not set in a certain way as to ensure that the profits keeps coming in has GOT TO BE working for the big games. The absolute proof that the game is rigged in the sense that it will only draw from the numbers least waged upon will be posted soon. Math doesn't lie. I will unveil soon the very operating principles of Chaos55 and it's experimental run.....and you will have to be an idiot not to see that that is the priciple on which these games are based. It is NOT illegal, however it is not honest to have people think that the numbers drawn are 100% pure random. 

NY
                      United States
                      Member #23835
                      October 16, 2005
                      3474 Posts
                      Posted: May 12, 2008, 11:34 am - IP Logged

For sure. There's not a chance they'd just rely on something less subtle, such as having 176 million different combinations, to protect their interests.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19824 Posts
                        Posted: May 12, 2008, 11:41 am - IP Logged

Anyone who keeps claiming that the game is not set in a certain way as to ensure that the profits keeps coming in has GOT TO BE working for the big games. The absolute proof that the game is rigged in the sense that it will only draw from the numbers least waged upon will be posted soon. Math doesn't lie. I will unveil soon the very operating principles of Chaos55 and it's experimental run.....and you will have to be an idiot not to see that that is the priciple on which these games are based. It is NOT illegal, however it is not honest to have people think that the numbers drawn are 100% pure random. 

Haven't hear much about your Chaos55 principles in a while.  I would have thought if there was anything to it, you would have won one of the top level prizes by now but then I'm one of those players who think odds of 1:175M are almost impossible to beat even with a good strategy.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Captain Lotto's avatar - CaptLotto
                          Jefferson City, MO
                          United States
                          Member #55250
                          September 20, 2007
                          97 Posts
                          Posted: May 12, 2008, 11:55 am - IP Logged

Everyone loves a conspiracy theory.  A few of you are on to something, however.  The odds of winning are 176 million to 1.  Why would they need to track millions of plays when it's unlikely that anyone will hit it anyway?  But trust me, the Lotteries WANT you to win.  They don't get to keep the jackpot money - the only way they make money is by selling more tickets.  When they have big winners, sales go up.  They want to give it away. 

And the difference in draw times is related to different time zones.  The draw closing will change depending on where you live, and they build in a little time because they have to confirm that sales are closed from all 28 states, prior to the drawing. 

Captain Lotto

"Every day is a good day!"

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                            Member #91
                            January 19, 2002
                            11927 Posts
                            Posted: May 12, 2008, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

Haven't hear much about your Chaos55 principles in a while.  I would have thought if there was anything to it, you would have won one of the top level prizes by now but then I'm one of those players who think odds of 1:175M are almost impossible to beat even with a good strategy.

I was just about to say the sme thing about good old Chaos 55.  If I'm not mistaken the last I heard was that, to prove chaos 55 worked you would need to be ready to sacrifice about 10K a draw in order to trap them into pulling the numbers you were really playing.......   

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Texas
                              United States
                              Member #33719
                              February 24, 2006
                              705 Posts
                              Posted: May 12, 2008, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!          I Agree!          I Agree!          I Agree!          I Agree!          I Agree!          I Agree!          I Agree!