Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 4:23 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Today ends my scratch off days.

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 8 years ago by lothob.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
OHIO
United States
Member #4164
March 27, 2004
14586 Posts
Posted: July 18, 2008, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

I agree with everyone in this topic,,,take that $80.00 you just spent in scratch off buy yourself some pick 3's and you will get alot back in return,I think they should out law SCRATCH OFFS....It is a legalized stealing.I wont touch those things after waking up myself.  Stop the habit now,study on here and good luck sweet heart,you deserve better,,,,we all do!!!!!!!!US Flag

Excellent Topic and comment, I also believe they are just legalized rip offs...

========================

Hit With Stick yes a good whack across the head to come to your senses helps a lot...

==============================

"I am what I am by the grace of God."

Kitfany

http://www.ohiolottery.com/

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: July 21, 2008, 12:34 am - IP Logged

Hmmm,   havn't bought a scratchoff-its been about a year

I can't even remember the last time that I bought a scratch off ticket. It's been a long time. I don't really like them.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Think's avatar - lightbulb
      Marquette, MI
      United States
      Member #20541
      August 20, 2005
      705 Posts
      Posted: July 21, 2008, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

The most you can win on scratch offs in Mich is $650,000 on a ten dollar ticket.  You are better off playing Fantasy five or nightly Keno. 

Nightly Keno will give you a shot at  $750,000 for 3 bucks or $1,250,000 for 5 bucks.  Those prizes beat the $650,000 prize for a Twenty buck raffle ticket(or 10 buck scratcher) and the 1.25 Mill$ prize is about the same as a $50 raffle ticket or a 20 buck scratcher jackpot drawing.  On top of that, nightly Keno gives you several other smaller prizes you could win too.

If you can wait till the nightly drawing in Mich then you should buy Keno instead of scratchers.

Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5541
        North Carolina
        United States
        Member #59855
        March 29, 2008
        31517 Posts
        Posted: July 24, 2008, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

I hear you, and agree with some of what you're saying, but scratch-offs are like anything else: when played in moderation you can play for the enjoyment of it.  People who burn through scratch-off after scratch-off -- scratching them in the store or in their car in the parking lot -- are missing a lot of the enjoyment of the game.  It's like chugging a six-pack vs. enjoying a nice micro-brew with your meal.

Thanks Todd, that makes a lot of sense. 

I bought a bunch of scratch offs today and didn't win much on them and the reason I bought them is because it's my birthday and I thought...wouldn't it be nice to win some money on my birthday but alas I was disappointed with them and with midday pick 3.

I have not been playing scratch or pick 3 in moderation and I think it's time to start doing that.  I usually don't read this section but am glad I did this time.

lothob's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg

United States
          Member #60481
          April 20, 2008
          7053 Posts
          Posted: July 25, 2008, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Is there a pick ten or Keno forum on LP. I can't seem to find one.