Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone uses Printer to print Playslips? please help

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 9 years ago by tntea.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Rockville/MD
United States
Member #60963
May 7, 2008
6 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2008, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

I have been trying unsuccessfully to print directly on  Maryland Mega Millions and DC Powerball Playslips. I use Lotto Pro 2008 and I have an HP inkjet printer.

The output on playslips is not properly aligned after printing. I have downloaded Bet Slip Definition files from Lotto pro website (windowslotto) and I have tried to modify their settings and but still can't get anywhere.

Do you recommend using any particular PRINTER? Do you I need to modify the printer properties? I just feel that the playslips are not feeded properly inside the printer. But what other ways can I feed the printer with playslips? I am trying to print stacks of playslips from my generated wheels. Please advise, you can save me a lot hour in my life. I am just tired of using pencils. Please help!

The definition files names are mddefs.exe and dcdefs.exe 

LottoLuthor's avatar - batman13
    Reno, NV
    United States
    Member #58143
    February 2, 2008
    2 Posts
    Posted: May 15, 2008, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Get a grip dreamer23 I suspect you just need to take another look at your printed playslip and describe it in detail so that I can guide you thru the correct steps to successful playslip printing. So do this,1. printout one more playslip2. determine that the left margin alignment is correct or not. If not you may have to use a 5/16" by 1/2" balsa wood "wedge" to get it to line up correctly.(buy it at your local Hobby shop). Cut off a piece about 7.5" long and insert it on the right hand side of your paper tray, then place the stack of playslips next to the balsa wedge. This should correct the left margin alignment.I use an HP OfficeJet All-In-One inkjet printer and I print playslips just fine!If you still have problems after the above process, make another post and explain in detail which alignment you suspect as being incorrect.javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$MainContent$EditorInstance$Post','')Post Reply

LottoVantage's avatar - BRITIS 3.GIF
      Southeastern Ohio
      United States
      Member #13850
      April 16, 2005
      783 Posts
      Posted: May 15, 2008, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

I use an HP OfficeJet All-In-One 4300 Series Ink Jet printer and have never had a problem. I also use Lotto Pro to wheel my tickets and have never adjusted the printer properties.

It could possibly be the play slips you are using.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
        ORLANDO, FLORIDA
        United States
        Member #4924
        June 3, 2004
        5903 Posts
        Posted: May 16, 2008, 7:36 am - IP Logged

I use Lottopro, not the same version as yours. I don't have those playslips, but maybe this will help. I had to adjust the settings for my Cash 3 & Play 4. Make sure the playslips are inserted lengthwise( all the way to the right) with first panel pointing inward. Set printer to portrait. In Lottopro, goto edit betslip properties, click test. If adjustment is needed, adjust 1 setting at-a-time. I hope this helps.

Rockville/MD
          United States
          Member #60963
          May 7, 2008
          6 Posts
          Posted: May 16, 2008, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for your responses, I guess I have to get back to you with more details.

LottoLuthor's avatar - batman13
            Reno, NV
            United States
            Member #58143
            February 2, 2008
            2 Posts
            Posted: May 16, 2008, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for your responses, I guess I have to get back to you with more details.

Perhaps it would help to know that your LottoPro betslip definition files are actually coded in such a manner as to represent the entire image of your particular playslip.Imagine that you have taken a picture of one of your playslips and you have the photograph negative in your hand(actually it's in the printer memory) and you are trying to align the negative over the actual playslip so that all the little boxes and lines match exactly to the playslip boxes and lines.You do this very same thing when you try to alter the playslip definition values to accomplish correct alignment. Always work to correct one alignment parameter at a time....this will show you how that change is affecting the overall playslip alignment.I recommend starting with the left margin alignment first like this......look at one of the playslips and see where the first ink imprint starts, if inking starts between the left ticket edge and the first row of boxes you should be able to easily adjust the left margin value to make inking start precisely at the first row of boxes.If inking begins beyond the first row of boxes...say at the 3rd row of boxes and you have already set your left hand print margin to it's lowest value then you must use an external physical wedge to physically move your play slips towards the left hand side of your print tray in order to get the physical playslip left margin within range of the betslip definition software adjustments. Ref. the balsa wedge I mentioned in my previous post.Once you get the left margin set correctly you should then have a pretty good grasp on what you have to do to any other alignments. Just remember to always use this adjustment method.....make only one adjustment at a time then "test print" another playslip, look at the alignment change result. Now decide which alignment adjustment should be made next.Each subsequent playslip print out will visually guide you to eventually achieve the correct print alignment settings.FYI: Don't be surprised if it takes approx. 12 to 20 playslip printouts to get the results you want.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: May 17, 2008, 10:32 am - IP Logged

We were told we couldn't print computer generated tickets at the store where I worked.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44