Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Give Me 5 Numbers for Powerball

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 9 years ago by fja.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10353 Posts
Posted: May 20, 2008, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Final clarification before bed.  I will play the Powerplay option (even though I never have EVER) and will payout only if it hits 5+0 or higher. 

Still need one more number.

It's a nice gesture, Destined, but are you sure you want to pay five other people's taxes on splitting a jackpot? In essence, that is what you're doing- even if it's 1%.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

EZMoney's avatar - weedss04lx1

United States
    Member #415
    June 22, 2002
    418 Posts
    Posted: May 20, 2008, 10:07 am - IP Logged

It's a nice gesture, Destined, but are you sure you want to pay five other people's taxes on splitting a jackpot? In essence, that is what you're doing- even if it's 1%.

I am for this draw.  I get your point and will revise the rules for next time.  See I've had money before, yet I've been broke, time and time over again.  I'll figure a way to write the tax off or something genius.  Money just doesn't make me happy period.  What I love is to make other people happy.  Plus I just landed a new job today so IM ECSTATIC right now. 

-Destined

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19830 Posts
      Posted: May 20, 2008, 10:26 am - IP Logged

Confirmed.  Final Ticket #'s are 12-23-24-28-51+31. Good luck to everyone and see ya all next drawing.  I will be holding this game in the Jackpot Forum for the next one.

-EZ

If these numbers: 12-23-24-28-51+31 hit tonight and a hundred people played them, MM will have a fortune cookie investigation like PB did a year or so ago.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: May 20, 2008, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

If these numbers: 12-23-24-28-51+31 hit tonight and a hundred people played them, MM will have a fortune cookie investigation like PB did a year or so ago.

OOOPS! These numbers were for PB, so it will be PB doing the investigation if they hit.  I still think they would make good MM numbers too, MB 31 hasn't hit in a while.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #59794
          March 27, 2008
          11 Posts
          Posted: May 20, 2008, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Hey Guys this sounds like a good idea, How about the lucky number 10?  It has been showing up with strange coincidence with me all week!!   Good Luck Players!!! 

United States
            Member #59794
            March 27, 2008
            11 Posts
            Posted: May 20, 2008, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys,

I'm sorry that i was late on the numbers but for some reason it only showed 4 numbers that have been chosen by all of you at the time i read this.   I will be happy to delete my own number, just let me know ok?  Best of luck,  Jonstrue2u 

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7314 Posts
              Posted: May 20, 2008, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

To clarify, I will give whoever participates 1% of the winnings only if the ticket hits for $10,000 or more.  I was only going to pay out if the ticket hit the jackpot, but that would suck for you guys if you all matched the white balls and my red ball was wrong and you got nothing.  So Im feeling generous here.  I also need to add that the 1% applies to whatever I clear AFTER ALL TAX LIABILITIES. 

If the ticket wins $100 or less, it will be parlayed into future forum games.  I plan on doing this for every drawing in addition to the tickets I play on my own.  So for example, let's say the ticket wins $7, each player that participated in that drawing will get seven picks in the next drawing.  If the ticket doesn't win, then the game starts all over with a $1 ticket and new posters will be able to play. 

As far as the odds go, probably one in a bazillion.  Just trying to have a bit of fun here.  No one should complain, this a freeroll and you have nothing at stake.

"As far as the odds go, probably one in a bazillion."

The odds are about the same as any other combination if we exclude the "good vibes" factor. We have at least 6 people hoping their number is drawn and don't forget all the other people that might play that combination too.

It only cost a buck.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: May 20, 2008, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23273 Posts
                  Posted: May 20, 2008, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                    Member #91
                    January 19, 2002
                    11932 Posts
                    Posted: May 22, 2008, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Confirmed.  Final Ticket #'s are 12-23-24-28-51+31. Good luck to everyone and see ya all next drawing.  I will be holding this game in the Jackpot Forum for the next one.

-EZ

Picked 12,23,24,28,51 + 31

Actual 7.16.21.33.42 + 25

"Just a bit outside"

If you ask shane3 (chaos55) by people putting money on our selection, we probably swayed the actual numbers picked. 

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields