Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:14 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do You Tell?

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 9 years ago by lottolaughs.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Do you tell others about LP?

Yes All The Time [ 26 ]  [50.00%]
No, Never Think To [ 25 ]  [48.08%]
I will now [ 1 ]  [1.92%]
Total Valid Votes [ 52 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
Member #26882
November 23, 2005
1404 Posts
Posted: May 22, 2008, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Do you tell people about lottery post? The other day I was in line to cash in my pick 3 winners and struck up a conversation with the man behind me. He saw that I had winning tickets to cash in and said to me boy you must be a lucky person!

I explained to him that I see numbers but that I also belong to a site called lottery post where there are lots of good predictors. He asked for the URL as he said he hardly ever wins ! I said to him ……..You will now!

I also told my husbands bosses son, who is an avid pick 3 player about lottery post today! He said he liked the site. 

I felt bad for the man who said he never wins and I hope he gets some hits now that he knows about LP! I figured it was a good way to help him out.

Sometimes, I think it odd that avid pick 3 players dont know about LP and how much they could increase their winnings if they knew.

Good Luck Everyone!

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
    Norfolk , Va
    United States
    Member #4541
    May 2, 2004
    25173 Posts
    Posted: May 22, 2008, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

It's great that you told those 2 . I hope they win but wouldn't it be great if they told 2 others , then those 2 told 2 others etc. Some may even give their idea's on how they get a win and think of all the members that will be added to the best site there is.

I have told a few others but they weren't so much of a stranger to me.

That man will probably thank you for a long time to come.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
      Member #26882
      November 23, 2005
      1404 Posts
      Posted: May 22, 2008, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

It's great that you told those 2 . I hope they win but wouldn't it be great if they told 2 others , then those 2 told 2 others etc. Some may even give their idea's on how they get a win and think of all the members that will be added to the best site there is.

I have told a few others but they weren't so much of a stranger to me.

That man will probably thank you for a long time to come.

Yes I was thinking along the same line, as a person who does not know about lottery post, and wins a good deal, may share their winning tips and a person who can't seem to win can get some help. It can go both ways I guess.

Good Luck to you Blackie 

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: May 22, 2008, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

I think I may have told one or two people. But honestly, no one around me is really interested in the lottery like me, so I don't think they cared. LOL That's why I enjoy it here. I can discuss and read info from others who also enjoy playing the lottery.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
          Wyncote,Pa
          United States
          Member #3206
          January 3, 2004
          61439 Posts
          Posted: May 22, 2008, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

The real players I'm able to tell are too set in their ways.There are big big swaggers,and at times

big winners.They are in a cycle they prefer

to be..,unwavering faith in their betting system.

They may feel the LP may be a jinx to their way.   

United States
            Member #59167
            March 8, 2008
            174 Posts
            Posted: May 22, 2008, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

In the last ten years, I rarely see a person in line, that is in front, or behind me, that is worth talking to.  Most are in a hurry place their bet and get back to the solitude of their vehicles. A majority would know how to think about what they were doing.  I have mention the actual value of a jackpot to every single clerk in ever store I buy a ticket. Not a single one knows anything about the actual values involved.  They only know what is posted by the the Lottery officials, which is all false and an attempt at taking advantage of the uneducated. Fifty inch words declaring $10M, and nothing saying after taxes you'll get about 25% of that value. When I mention that to a betting person, I get blank looks, then they run away.  They, like most, they don't want to hear the truth, they want to hear the illusion. Its like the super market that advertises shrimp at $4.98 in huge print.  Then has small print saying by the pound and they only sell them in two pound packages.  When you get to the register, you're not paying attention, and unknowlingly pay much more then you thought you would pay.  This is done time after time, and they seldom receive complaints.  Why? Like the lottery large print, who has time to read the fine print?

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5143 Posts
              Posted: May 22, 2008, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

All the darn "TIME" >>>>>>>>>>

I ........ask ???? how R >>>> U doing with "DEE" >>>>JACKPOT ??????

THAT >>>>>>> get's the CONVO going >>>>>>>>>>JACKPOT ??????

what JACKPOT win<<<<<<  R you tonkin about >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THEY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  ASK ?????????????????????????????????

I SAY I like the LOTTERY POST.com >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

G@@D >>>>>>>>SITE  on D NET.   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

MEET moe FRIEND's >>>>>> THIS >>>>>> WAY >>>>> (than POST'n)

LOL

PSYKOMO

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5143 Posts
                Posted: May 22, 2008, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

All the darn "TIME" >>>>>>>>>>

I ........ask ???? how R >>>> U doing with "DEE" >>>>JACKPOT ??????

THAT >>>>>>> get's the CONVO going >>>>>>>>>>JACKPOT ??????

what JACKPOT win<<<<<<  R you tonkin about >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THEY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  ASK ?????????????????????????????????

I SAY I like the LOTTERY POST.com >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

G@@D >>>>>>>>SITE  on D NET.   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

MEET moe FRIEND's >>>>>> THIS >>>>>> WAY >>>>> (than POST'n)

LOL

PSYKOMO

Jack-in-the-Boxthank's >>>>> 2 >>>>>> Todd:

I can now tell  >>>>> D >>>>>> PEOPLE about D >>> B@@K SITE !!!!!

PartyBananaDrumBananaPartyDrumJack-in-the-BoxBanana

LOL

PSYKOMO

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: May 22, 2008, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

In the last ten years, I rarely see a person in line, that is in front, or behind me, that is worth talking to.  Most are in a hurry place their bet and get back to the solitude of their vehicles. A majority would know how to think about what they were doing.  I have mention the actual value of a jackpot to every single clerk in ever store I buy a ticket. Not a single one knows anything about the actual values involved.  They only know what is posted by the the Lottery officials, which is all false and an attempt at taking advantage of the uneducated. Fifty inch words declaring $10M, and nothing saying after taxes you'll get about 25% of that value. When I mention that to a betting person, I get blank looks, then they run away.  They, like most, they don't want to hear the truth, they want to hear the illusion. Its like the super market that advertises shrimp at $4.98 in huge print.  Then has small print saying by the pound and they only sell them in two pound packages.  When you get to the register, you're not paying attention, and unknowlingly pay much more then you thought you would pay.  This is done time after time, and they seldom receive complaints.  Why? Like the lottery large print, who has time to read the fine print?

I couldn't have said it any better. The only part I disagree is putting the blame on false ads. Even if their attempt is to trick people, it's always up to the person who is a lottery enthusiast, to know the "reality odds" and the percentage payout parts so to speak. Most people would be glad if they won just a few percent of millions even after they found out about how short they were deprived...lol

In my experience, most of the people I talk to about the LP or lottery in general, are folks who buy a couple of tix because of tradition and habit, clueless to the nitty gritty of it. After I explain key points they might not have been aware of, they look at me like I'm nuts. The usual response is..well.....someone wins, but don't realize that millions of losing tix had to happen in order for that one winning tix to win. Or they'll quickly come up with a strategy which is unfounded in it's roots...lol They mean well, but it sometimes becomes difficult explaining how much exposure I've had with numbers and patterns over the past 2 decades.

So I just stopped preaching and from that moment and just nod my head in agreement. It's futile..lol

Life has many fine prints. Sometimes all it takes is to read it.

P.S. A lot of people got burned during the whole mortgage mess because they didn't read the fine print. My old roommate was one of them.

San Diego, CA
                    United States
                    Member #58386
                    February 12, 2008
                    290 Posts
                    Posted: May 22, 2008, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

I mentioned this in another thread.  The annuity jackpot values are false advertising.  A person that won a jackpot sued attempting to get the annuity value as cash up front.  He lost, but had a good case.

DC81's avatar - batman39
                      MI
                      United States
                      Member #54830
                      August 31, 2007
                      985 Posts
                      Posted: May 23, 2008, 10:35 am - IP Logged

When I see the announced MM Jackpot I try and figure what it'd really be with the cash option after taxes, not to be exact but roughly close to what it may be. When I don't look online I have been just deducting 40% off the advertised jackpot and then another 40% (rounded up from 39.35%) for Federal and State taxes which for an annuitized 100 million dollar would mean about a 60 million cash option (again, rough estimate for MM) which then factors to about 36 million after state (4.35% for Michigan) and federal taxes. I know it may be more and it may be less in the end, but that's how I try to see the actual jackpot, but I wouldn't be surprised if the federal government wanted more. >_>

Anyway, I don't really discuss anything I do with anyone so nope, I haven't told anyone about LP. It's not exactly hard to find anyway if someone wants to take ten seconds to look.

You can't predict random.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: May 23, 2008, 11:46 am - IP Logged

Yes, I tell people about LP, but not very often.  I find people to be very friendly and we'll sing in harmony to the Muzak in the checkout line, but the customer service counter is a little different.  People are cashing checks, returning items, getting money orders and buying cigarettes, stamps (and lottery tickets) which keeps the clerks on their toes, so there's not much time to chat.  Still, I get a smile and a "good luck" from many of the customers.

BTW, how can anyone compare getting an ARM to buying a lottery ticket?  The Lottery is a game.  I won't go too off-topic, but most of the people who don't know that 1% to 2% is 100% or that 2% to 3% is 50% wouldn't have backed out of their contracts anyway.  Just one example: Last night I was trying to help a neighbor who looked at me like a deer in the headlights when I asked if she & her husband got their stimulus checks yet (he died a few days ago & I was concerned) and she said they don't make enough to file.  I explained that, even if she was one of the people who doesn't need to file a tax return, as long as she made over $3,000 in 2007 she is entitled to it and might get as much as $600. She snickered as if I was an idiot and answered "You don't understand. I didn't make that much.  Some weeks I cleared less than $200."   Duh?   

As I said, the Lottery is a game.  Sure, for some of us it's a little more than a few seconds at the counter, but to anyone who actually tries to convince a stranger that you have a winning system when 75% or better of the winning tickets are QPs and others win using birthdays, ages, or as one 20 year old put it "voices he heard" ... well, from an LP member who is a tried & true, die-hard lottery player & gambler, I'd even think you were nuts!     

United States
                          Member #59167
                          March 8, 2008
                          174 Posts
                          Posted: May 23, 2008, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I tell people about LP, but not very often.  I find people to be very friendly and we'll sing in harmony to the Muzak in the checkout line, but the customer service counter is a little different.  People are cashing checks, returning items, getting money orders and buying cigarettes, stamps (and lottery tickets) which keeps the clerks on their toes, so there's not much time to chat.  Still, I get a smile and a "good luck" from many of the customers.

BTW, how can anyone compare getting an ARM to buying a lottery ticket?  The Lottery is a game.  I won't go too off-topic, but most of the people who don't know that 1% to 2% is 100% or that 2% to 3% is 50% wouldn't have backed out of their contracts anyway.  Just one example: Last night I was trying to help a neighbor who looked at me like a deer in the headlights when I asked if she & her husband got their stimulus checks yet (he died a few days ago & I was concerned) and she said they don't make enough to file.  I explained that, even if she was one of the people who doesn't need to file a tax return, as long as she made over $3,000 in 2007 she is entitled to it and might get as much as $600. She snickered as if I was an idiot and answered "You don't understand. I didn't make that much.  Some weeks I cleared less than $200."   Duh?   

As I said, the Lottery is a game.  Sure, for some of us it's a little more than a few seconds at the counter, but to anyone who actually tries to convince a stranger that you have a winning system when 75% or better of the winning tickets are QPs and others win using birthdays, ages, or as one 20 year old put it "voices he heard" ... well, from an LP member who is a tried & true, die-hard lottery player & gambler, I'd even think you were nuts!     

I don't think it would be a valid. It is defined annuity regularity.  The problem is the thousand of Hispanics and other immigrants that don't fully understand what is really happening, don't understand a word like annuity, and are too lazy to research it, don't have the ability to research it, or wouldn't know what to look at if it beat them in the groin.  All they want to see is the flashing LED numbers and want to win that amount.  Most illegal and legal immigrants live in a “shack” environment and would find it a miracle to have internet access. 

Those are the suckers, not the Lottery Post members. 

Most places I go to buy a ticket are run by either some one from India, Mexico, or Vietnamese, with an occasional Middle Eastern.  Back in NJ, I used deal with several mom and pop stores.  They were mostly really old people who were no more knowledgeable about the lottery then the ones I deal with now. I have never have I talked to a single one of them that new anything more then the annuity and cash value numbers, but never related the two. They were all first generation immigents, thus had extremely limited knowledge of the street use of our language.  When I go by these neighborhoods, all I see is people who wouldn't understand the lottery any more then they understand why the sun rises every day and set every night. It just happens. They just buy the ticket and hope. 

At least with Powerball, they don't have to choose annuity or cash before they win.  They can get advice on which to choose and not react like a robot and choose cash automatically.

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7343 Posts
                            Posted: May 23, 2008, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

I mentioned this in another thread.  The annuity jackpot values are false advertising.  A person that won a jackpot sued attempting to get the annuity value as cash up front.  He lost, but had a good case.

A past jackpot winner could sue and probably win if the 20, 26, or 30 year payoffs was less than the advertised jackpot they won. The Mega Millions site says the current "estimated" jackpot is $17 million and the cash option is $10.4 million. A cash option is exactly that and if you want the full amount you'll have to wait 25 years. Do you really believe if somebody matches all 6 numbers tonight they would say "had I known I'd only win $10 million, I would have never played"?

When people buy a lottery ticket, it's a contract between them and the lottery. And if you read it in the paper, heard it on the radio, or Uncle Bob tells you different doesn't change the fact it's still between you and the lottery.

"He lost, but had a good case."

You didn't give any details but since he lost it couldn't have been that good of a case.

United States
                              Member #59167
                              March 8, 2008
                              174 Posts
                              Posted: May 23, 2008, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

"He lost, but had a good case."

Thats lawyer talk for "thanks for paying your bill on time".