Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lotto

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 8 years ago by mil0724.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: June 12, 2008, 12:27 am - IP Logged

One person hit tonight after 2 months of rollovers.  The jackpot was $36 million.

The 6 winning numbers are:

24-41-42-46-47-52

I wonder what "system" the lucky winner used.  LOL

Jester

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19817 Posts
    Posted: June 12, 2008, 12:59 am - IP Logged

There's a 70% chance they bought some quick picks.  I guess you can call that a system since so many winners say they just stop at a lottery retailer and asked for some QP tickets for the next drawings.

I have a system that I've developed and sometime I compare its results to those of lines picked by the LP quick pick generator and the results are similar but I can explain the results of my system better.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
      Member #45802
      August 28, 2006
      335 Posts
      Posted: June 12, 2008, 1:35 am - IP Logged

There's a 70% chance they bought some quick picks.  I guess you can call that a system since so many winners say they just stop at a lottery retailer and asked for some QP tickets for the next drawings.

I have a system that I've developed and sometime I compare its results to those of lines picked by the LP quick pick generator and the results are similar but I can explain the results of my system better.

Everyone has a system except me.  I just bumble along and try to pick winners out of thin air.  Dumb but fun.  However, as Jimmy Buffett says everyone has a cousin in Miami -- I do does that count?

You are correct about quick picks.  In Florida all major jackpot games are won by QP's between 50 to 65% of the time.  I would take a slow pick if I could win. 

F

Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: June 12, 2008, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

I had a feeling it would be a Quick Pick.  Yes, just checked and one winner in Miami got all 6 numbers.   Miami seems to get a disproportionate number of winners, although that's been debated. 

"Everyone has a system except me."

I don't.  I was being sarcastic (but in a loving, playful way!)  Lately, my only system is getting down on my knees and crying "Please, please, just once!" 

I need to stop adding tickets.  Some nights I just pick numbers out of the blue and let the little green pencil guide my hand.  Sometimes there are yellow pencils mixed in with the green pencils and I'm not sure which one to use. 

Wink

United States
          Member #59579
          March 20, 2008
          205 Posts
          Posted: June 12, 2008, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

I had a feeling it would be a Quick Pick.  Yes, just checked and one winner in Miami got all 6 numbers.   Miami seems to get a disproportionate number of winners, although that's been debated. 

"Everyone has a system except me."

I don't.  I was being sarcastic (but in a loving, playful way!)  Lately, my only system is getting down on my knees and crying "Please, please, just once!" 

I need to stop adding tickets.  Some nights I just pick numbers out of the blue and let the little green pencil guide my hand.  Sometimes there are yellow pencils mixed in with the green pencils and I'm not sure which one to use. 

Wink

"Miami seems to get a disproportionate number of winners, although that's been debated. "

Be careful.  I have said the same thing before and I was almost crucified on LP from posters who seemed to get upset with me for saying so.  I even contacted the lottery about it.  Their explanation was that there are more people playing in Miami than in other locations.  Another LP poster offered a thought that it might be because Miami is such a tourist location and so they have people coming through all of the time and play then.

But, I live in Tallahassee and if you count the number of winners in Tallahassee versus the rest of the state, there is no comparison at all.  There seems to be some type of conspiracy against Tallahassee players.  I don't know if it is because we are here with the Lottery headquarters, but something seems really strange.  Several Tallahassee players have remarked of the same thing so it just makes you think.

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #61435
            May 22, 2008
            906 Posts
            Posted: June 12, 2008, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

I agree about Miami....having more winners, but would argue that Orlando gets more tourist visitors.............Disney....

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19817 Posts
              Posted: June 12, 2008, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

Miami seems to get a disproportionate number of winners, although that's been debated.

Maybe players in Miami buy a disproportionate number of tickets which mean they probably have a disproportionate amount of losers too.  Kinda like Mark Twain once said "the harder/more I work the luckier I get".

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #59579
                March 20, 2008
                205 Posts
                Posted: June 12, 2008, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Miami seems to get a disproportionate number of winners, although that's been debated.

Maybe players in Miami buy a disproportionate number of tickets which mean they probably have a disproportionate amount of losers too.  Kinda like Mark Twain once said "the harder/more I work the luckier I get".

Good post RJoh!

Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: June 12, 2008, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

If you count Disney World & Universal Studios, Orlando definitely gets more tourism than Miami by a very large percentage. 

DC81's avatar - batman39
                    MI
                    United States
                    Member #54830
                    August 31, 2007
                    985 Posts
                    Posted: June 12, 2008, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Yeah but the tourist are in two very different demographics.

You can't predict random.

Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: June 12, 2008, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Oh, I agree with you on that point.  I was responding to the comment that Orlando doesn't have more tourism.  I believe Disney World is one of the top tourist attractions in the world.  I don't have children, but when I vacationed in Disney World (before I moved to Florida) I never thought of buying a Lotto ticket.   

Miami markets the lottery very aggressively too. 

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3474 Posts
                        Posted: June 13, 2008, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

Exactly. People complain that too many of the winners are in Miami (or Chicago, or NYC, or wherever), but it's a safe bet that those population centers also have far more losers than other places.

mken32's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                          I dont know where
                          United States
                          Member #1702
                          June 18, 2003
                          103 Posts
                          Posted: June 16, 2008, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

I live in Jacksonville FL I am trying work a deal with the universe right now in my favor it hasn't been easy I think that I am close than ever you watch....This week....

Jax Fl

Party Like a RockStar

Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: June 16, 2008, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

I live in Jacksonville FL I am trying work a deal with the universe right now in my favor it hasn't been easy I think that I am close than ever you watch....This week....

Jax Fl

Good luck, mken32.    I've been bargaining with the forces of the universe for decades. 

mken32's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                              I dont know where
                              United States
                              Member #1702
                              June 18, 2003
                              103 Posts
                              Posted: June 16, 2008, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Good luck, mken32.    I've been bargaining with the forces of the universe for decades. 

Hang in there I'll send it your way after this week.....

Party Like a RockStar