Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 6:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tim Russert has died

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 9 years ago by longisldchinese.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
Michigan
United States
Member #2448
October 4, 2003
26127 Posts
Posted: June 13, 2008, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Just reported on NBC.  He was 58 years old.

undress's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
    roseville, MI
    United States
    Member #5980
    July 30, 2004
    18205 Posts
    Posted: June 13, 2008, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

WOW

Mad ALL IN!Mad

dbello's avatar - scene sunoverlake.jpg
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #26915
      November 24, 2005
      6189 Posts
      Posted: June 13, 2008, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Unbelievable!  My favorite Sunday morning show to watch.

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
        california
        United States
        Member #23475
        October 13, 2005
        659 Posts
        Posted: June 13, 2008, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

So shocking and sad.  Tributes are ongoing on at least 3 cable channels right now.  Just in. . . now they are saying he died at the hospital, not at work.

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"

Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
          OHIO
          United States
          Member #4164
          March 27, 2004
          14586 Posts
          Posted: June 13, 2008, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Just reported on NBC.  He was 58 years old.

WASHINGTON - Tim Russert, NBC News’ Washington bureau chief and the moderator of “Meet the Press,” died Friday after being stricken at the bureau, NBC News said Friday. He was 58.

Russert was recording voiceovers for Sunday’s “Meet the Press” broadcast when he collapsed, the network said.

He had recently returned from Italy, where his family was celebrating the graduation of Russert’s son, Luke, from Boston College.
          Survivors include Russert’s wife, Maureen Orth, a writer for Vanity Fair magazine, whom he met at the 1976 Democratic National Convention; and their son, Luke.
          -------------------------------------------
          So very sad to have this happen to his family and friends

"I am what I am by the grace of God."

Kitfany

http://www.ohiolottery.com/

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: June 13, 2008, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

So sad, he seemed like such a nice guy. Frown

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
              OHIO
              United States
              Member #4164
              March 27, 2004
              14586 Posts
              Posted: June 13, 2008, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Timothy John Russert Jr. was born in Buffalo, N.Y., on May 7, 1950. He was a graduate of Canisius High School, John Carroll University and Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. He was a member of the bar in New York and Washington, D.C.

-------------------------------------------------

No Nod

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: June 13, 2008, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

It's sad when anyone dies, but I couldn't stand Tim Russert, especially during the primaries.  Is that okay to say?  He was blatantly sexist and had little respect for women in politics.  I'm surprised to read all these comments from women.  I think reading about those boyscouts who got killed by the tornado or those 2 little girls who were shot walking down a country road was a lot more heart wrenching, but they weren't famous.

My next door neighbor was buried last week and I attended the service.  He was an alcoholic and smoked himself to death by age 59.  So we all sat around and said wonderful things and I hugged his wife and told her he was in Heaven with the angels.  I wanted to say "Guess I'll never see that $10 bucks I loaned him a few months ago."  So as I said, it's always sad for someone when a loved one dies.  Rest in peace.

EZMoney's avatar - weedss04lx1

United States
                  Member #415
                  June 22, 2002
                  418 Posts
                  Posted: June 13, 2008, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

It's sad when anyone dies, but I couldn't stand Tim Russert, especially during the primaries.  Is that okay to say?  He was blatantly sexist and had little respect for women in politics.  I'm surprised to read all these comments from women.  I think reading about those boyscouts who got killed by the tornado or those 2 little girls who were shot walking down a country road was a lot more heart wrenching, but they weren't famous.

My next door neighbor was buried last week and I attended the service.  He was an alcoholic and smoked himself to death by age 59.  So we all sat around and said wonderful things and I hugged his wife and told her he was in Heaven with the angels.  I wanted to say "Guess I'll never see that $10 bucks I loaned him a few months ago."  So as I said, it's always sad for someone when a loved one dies.  Rest in peace.

This is what Im going to say when YOU die:

"It's sad when anyone dies, but I couldn't stand justxploring, especially on Lottery Post.  Is that okay to say?"

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7344 Posts
                    Posted: June 13, 2008, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

"It's sad when anyone dies, but I couldn't stand Tim Russert, especially during the primaries.  Is that okay to say?"

I suppose it is because other people offered their opinions by saying things like "tributes are ongoing", "my favorite Sunday morning show", and "and he sure seemed like a nice guy". Is there a rule saying all opinions must be politically correct?

Nassau
                      Bahamas
                      Member #1713
                      June 20, 2003
                      700 Posts
                      Posted: June 13, 2008, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

I am from the Bahamas. I love watching him, he was brilliant. I thought he gave a true assesment of the primaries. I just love the guy. May his soul rest in peace.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: June 13, 2008, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

This is what Im going to say when YOU die:

"It's sad when anyone dies, but I couldn't stand justxploring, especially on Lottery Post.  Is that okay to say?"

Yup.  If you don't like what I write, why would you lie just because I kick the bucket?  Of course it would be best not to say anything at all. However, one big difference is that Tim Russert was a pubic figure. (I'm not.) Otherwise he wouldn't have even been mentioned at all.  People are dying right now as I type from cancer, war, starvation, etc.  In less time than it took for me to finish the last sentence, a child died from malaria or because he didn't have enough food in his belly.  I never said I didn't care, just that I didn't agree with his news broadcasts much of the time.  How would I know what kind of a human being he was?

I think you just love to argue.  If you go back and read what I wrote, I said that after a funeral I said lots of nice things about someone I didn't particularly care for to comfort the living.  That's because it's human nature for everyone to say wonderful things about a person after he dies. 

Is anyone here a relative or personal friend of Tim Russert?  If so, then I apologize.  If not, then I was just giving my opinion about a public figure & television personality like everyone else.

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #2448
                          October 4, 2003
                          26127 Posts
                          Posted: June 13, 2008, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Gee, what a time to get on your soapbox. You could go on and on, I guess. But, as long as you feel better, having taken a sad thread and turned it into your show, I guess that's all that matters. I didn't know Russert either, but there are usually members of LP who post the deaths of celebrities, and I do not believe I have ever read such a rude and cruel response.  Ever heard the saying, "If you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything."? 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5146 Posts
                            Posted: June 13, 2008, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

So sad, he seemed like such a nice guy. Frown

JUST HEARD LATE BREAKING "NEW'S"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

TIM RU$$ERT hit JACKPOT

in the^^^^^^^^^"$KY"!

PSYKOMO does not know if Mr. Russert played the lotto or lottery,

BUT, from all indication'sssssssss>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

HE was that PERSON who could CLAIM FAME in this "HUMAN RACE"!

LOL and LOVE to the RUSSERT FAMILY and friend's >>>>>>>>

PSYKOMO

konane's avatar - wallace
                              Atlanta, GA
                              United States
                              Member #1265
                              March 13, 2003
                              3351 Posts
                              Posted: June 13, 2008, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Posted on Jarasan's blog that our local news reported Mr. Russert had just this past weekend helped move his elderly father who's in his late 80's into another 'facility' so the senior Mr. Russert has lost his son.

Condolences to the entire Russert family.

Good luck to everyone!