Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tim Russert has died

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 8 years ago by longisldchinese.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: June 13, 2008, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

What I wrote ealier has been really blown up out of proportion.   Everyone can read what they want into a my comment.  I didn't say a single negative thing about the man's life.  I only said that I didn't agree with his politics and felt what he reported during the primaries was biased & sexist.  He could be one of the greatest fathers, husbands or sons on this Earth for all I know. 

I don't think I'm on a soapbox at all.  When Harvey Korman died recently, if you said "I never thought he was that funny" I wouldn't call you cruel or rude.   I can't remember if anyone posted when Heath Ledger died, but if someone wrote he didn't think he was handsome or a good actor, I wouldn't have gotten all bent out of shape.  So what?

Well, if everyone wants to throw tomatoes at me, go ahead.  If you didn't want me to comment, then this belonged on a blog, which is why I did not post my reply on Jarasan's blog.  Then it would have been rude.  This forum is "DISCUSSION" so I guess when someone says something that isn't what others want to hear, that makes it rude, which means it's not a discussion at all. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: June 13, 2008, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

If you don't like what I write, why would you lie just because I kick the bucket?  Of course it would be best not to say anything at all. However, one big difference is that Tim Russert was a pubic figure. (I'm not.)

I've read about former lottery jackpot winners when they died that I never recalled reading about before, did winning a lottery jackpot make them a public figure?  Usually someone was writing an article about how badly they spent their winnings.  My condolences to anyone who loses a family member, public figure or not, their tomorrow will be a sad one.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: June 13, 2008, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

If you don't like what I write, why would you lie just because I kick the bucket?  Of course it would be best not to say anything at all. However, one big difference is that Tim Russert was a pubic figure. (I'm not.)

I've read about former lottery jackpot winners when they died that I never recalled reading about before, did winning a lottery jackpot make them a public figure?  Usually someone was writing an article about how badly they spent their winnings.  My condolences to anyone who loses a family member, public figure or not, their tomorrow will be a sad one.

Yes, RJOh.  Good point!  On this board I just read comments about what an idiot a man was for walking down railroad tracks scratching a ticket.  I didn't comment on that thread IIRC because I thought it was horrible that a man died such a tragic death and everyone here was joking about it.

This is ridiculous.  If I thought for one second that a member of the Russert family was on this thread, I wouldn't have written a thing.  When Reagan died a lot of people said he was a great president and others said he wasn't.  It's called an opinion.  I didn't say "burn in hell" or "I hope he suffered" or "good, he deserved it" or anything that would be considered cruel IMO. 

BTW, here's the thread I was talking about.  One member called the deceased stupid and then another called him stupid & deaf. Why when someone isn't famous is his death any less tragic?  My whole point, which is why I elaborated, is that we pick & choose the souls we think have merit & worth when we are all the same.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread.aspx?tp=175232&q=dies+train+track&tab=nw&rp=search

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: June 13, 2008, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

So sad, he seemed like such a nice guy. Frown

I liked that he would ask a question, then politely let the person contradict  what they had said somewhere else...  then point it out with date and place or publication. Green laughHe didn't hold the hand of the left, nor lick the boots of the right. I enjoyed watching him zing people on both 'sides' of the spectrum.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5120 Posts
          Posted: June 13, 2008, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

What I wrote ealier has been really blown up out of proportion.   Everyone can read what they want into a my comment.  I didn't say a single negative thing about the man's life.  I only said that I didn't agree with his politics and felt what he reported during the primaries was biased & sexist.  He could be one of the greatest fathers, husbands or sons on this Earth for all I know. 

I don't think I'm on a soapbox at all.  When Harvey Korman died recently, if you said "I never thought he was that funny" I wouldn't call you cruel or rude.   I can't remember if anyone posted when Heath Ledger died, but if someone wrote he didn't think he was handsome or a good actor, I wouldn't have gotten all bent out of shape.  So what?

Well, if everyone wants to throw tomatoes at me, go ahead.  If you didn't want me to comment, then this belonged on a blog, which is why I did not post my reply on Jarasan's blog.  Then it would have been rude.  This forum is "DISCUSSION" so I guess when someone says something that isn't what others want to hear, that makes it rude, which means it's not a discussion at all. 

WOW>>woe>>WOW..JXP

Please, please.......PLEASE donot use TOMATOE's in UR post on the LP!!!!

WE donot know where the SAMONELLA tomatoe's R cumming FROM?????

SUM say not GA, not FL, not MEXICO, not INDIA, and not CHINA......?????

JUST all be G@@D AMERICIAN'sssssssssss and wait and SEEEEEEE?????

LOL

PSYKOMO

Dr Lottery's avatar - 10847
            Albany,Georgia
            United States
            Member #45615
            August 24, 2006
            2135 Posts
            Posted: June 13, 2008, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

Come On People !!

Let's Chill Out We are all humans we all say and do things that we might not like !! but we are all on borrowed time !! We are @ WAR and high GAS PRICES ,FOOD and cost of living going through the roof !! We all have some good and some bad !! lets not judge other but love one another Lets set the bar higher !!

Tim Russert was a great man who told it like it was . he did not care if you was man woman or black or white he did his job WELL !! and LOVE HIS JOB He took pride in being an American and with this post I SALUTE  John Timonthy Russert !!Patriot 

One day I will Hit BIG!!

Nassau
              Bahamas
              Member #1713
              June 20, 2003
              700 Posts
              Posted: June 13, 2008, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

well said Dr.lottery

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3474 Posts
                Posted: June 13, 2008, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Gee, what a time to get on your soapbox. You could go on and on, I guess. But, as long as you feel better, having taken a sad thread and turned it into your show, I guess that's all that matters. I didn't know Russert either, but there are usually members of LP who post the deaths of celebrities, and I do not believe I have ever read such a rude and cruel response.  Ever heard the saying, "If you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything."? 

So Tim Russert is dead. Big freaking deal. Does that mean he won't be buying MM or PB tickets, so the jackpt will grow more slowly, or is there some other reason that you feel justified in posting about  it in the "lottery discussion" forum and then complaining when somebody else posts their opinion? halfway through the thread I thought EZmoney's post was the dumbest, but I found I was mistaken once I saw how high your soapbox is.

FWIW, over 1/4 million people die every single day (and they're being replaced even faster than they die). Unless they have some special signifigance to me, I don't have nearly enough time to be overly concerned.

Daniel C's avatar - Kinnak
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #53416
                  July 6, 2007
                  702 Posts
                  Posted: June 13, 2008, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

So Tim Russert is dead. Big freaking deal. Does that mean he won't be buying MM or PB tickets, so the jackpt will grow more slowly, or is there some other reason that you feel justified in posting about  it in the "lottery discussion" forum and then complaining when somebody else posts their opinion? halfway through the thread I thought EZmoney's post was the dumbest, but I found I was mistaken once I saw how high your soapbox is.

FWIW, over 1/4 million people die every single day (and they're being replaced even faster than they die). Unless they have some special signifigance to me, I don't have nearly enough time to be overly concerned.

It must be a big freaking deal.  You're here responding to it.  For the record, Jorli is my wife. So, here's where I take over for her against any punk ass chump like yourself who only came on here to this thread to attack her.  I don't know your problem with her, but, you'll learn to deal with it. She did not make a dumb post, and others post deaths, and birthdays in this forum all the time and are not told it should be in their blogs. The internet is great for protecting punks like yourself from getting a good asskicking for disrespecting a man's wife.  As for EZMoney, his post wasn't dumb either.  You must be insecure, that you try and insult my wife on a thread you claim is of no signifigance to you.

Punks like you come a dime a dozen, and I've always managed to handle them just fine.  You're no exception.

Feel free to report me for the profanity.  I'm not backing down. I've said all I have to say to you.  When you want to show some real balls and attempt to insult my wife in my face, I'll show how real men handle punks like you.

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5120 Posts
                    Posted: June 13, 2008, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

LET>PSYKO B the 1st to celbrate moment!

this is HISTORY......................

stay alive DRIVE %%55!

Let's NOT^^^^^^DIE!!!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8360 Posts
                      Posted: June 13, 2008, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

No offense to anyone here Todd has said many times if it isn't lottery related to put posts of this nature in their blog.

You all can see why at this point.

Daniel C's avatar - Kinnak
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #53416
                        July 6, 2007
                        702 Posts
                        Posted: June 13, 2008, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Just reported on NBC.  He was 58 years old.

No offense taken four4me. So, I'll make my wife's post, lottery related.

580 5800  his age to play for the 3/4 digit game

5750 his birthday

000 for KY Floyd's lack of intelligence or character

1012 punks like KY Floyd come a dime a dozen

Play these numbers,they're going to hit real soon

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5120 Posts
                          Posted: June 13, 2008, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

No offense to anyone here Todd has said many times if it isn't lottery related to put posts of this nature in their blog.

You all can see why at this point.

do U know for a matter of FACT?

"TIM" did or did't play (the LOTTERY)

THANK-U- TIM RU$$ERT  for sharing UR life in the MEDIA>>>>>>>>>!!

THANK-other person's TOO who BRING me & U the LOTTRY POST!!!!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: June 13, 2008, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

He was absorbed back into the ground from where he came. Just like a russert potato, on Friday the 13th....Eek    Scared    Sad

Rest in peace. Mr. potato head.

And to all the other nameless faces on earth who melted back to stardust on this day.

All we are is dust in the wind.                      dust

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
                              Member #33588
                              February 22, 2006
                              2068 Posts
                              Posted: June 14, 2008, 6:24 am - IP Logged

Rest  in Peace Mr Russert ! My salute to you !!!! He was a brilliant man.  I like watching " Meet the Press" on Sundays. I get a kick of unique style of Journalism. How he question the politicians aggresively. First thing that went through my  head was that did NBC have the proper equipment to try and revive him?Or the were too  too damn busy reporting news that they did not really pay attention to what was going on ? I hope it was not like that.