Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 5:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hey, does anybody reveal their method/system?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 9 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #10720
January 23, 2005
933 Posts
Posted: June 27, 2008, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Some points to make about systems (or algorithms as I call them):

- All Systems (algos) are based on information that everyone has access to, which is the history of past drawings.

- Some numbers in the history appear to come out more often than others.. the most basic system picks whatever numbers came out most often.

- More complex systems rely on mathematics, patterns, and other methods such as "VTRAC". I've seen one method that watches for the full moon to predict triples/quads and another that used PI to calculate the next Pick-3.

- Before I would share my own system I would want to win big, thus showing that it can be used to win, and so that once I win big then I don't care if I win again so I pass on the technology to others. Years ago I won the Pick-5, all 5 numbers, but got a disproportionately small payout for beating such huge odds, because others must have had a similar system. Since then I'm trying to make mine more unique. When payout is pari-mutuel you want to not have too many other winners!

- Systems need to be backtested. I have yet to see anyone show me a backtest indicating their system, if used in the past, would have made more money than spent. For example in the Pick-3, for a STR win you need to overcome the takeout ratio.. the Lottery returns average 50c per dollar wagered (assuming random play) so a profitable system one worth bragging about on here, would match STR more than 1 every 500 plays vs. every 1000 plays the odds dictate. It is obviously very difficult to do that when the Lottery is moving Heaven and Earth to make the draws as random as can be.

For the MAD Dog challenge, I will give you scot-free one of the methods I use.. select at random 12 unique white balls from past drawings and 4 bonus balls, and paste them into the post. This gives you good numbers better than QP but unique numbers so if a lot of people are using this method it's not as likely that 2 or more people pick the same numbers.

- There is also for some people the notion that if they do have a good system they may want to market it, and afraid someone else will steal their idea, but want to "advertise" it to see if it might sell.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2008, 12:28 am - IP Logged

The irony is that people who would have the talent to do something with another person's idea - usually have some ideas to offer in exchange. People looking for a "free lunch" demand explanations of others' systems that use smaller and smaller words. It's a dead giveaway. They can steal Bob Vila's tools, but that doesn't make 'em able to build a house. Shocked

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Houston
      United States
      Member #62319
      June 24, 2008
      242 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2008, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

I think that's the point of a community, whether it's a lottery community or a car forum or a bee keeper's forum.  People share their ideas so that others can benefit.  Because everyone shares, the people doing the sharing get lots of new ideas from other people, in the same way they give their own ideas.

Luck is a funny thing.  It thrives in an environment filled with positive energy, and goes into remission when surrounded by negativity.  Don't be so concerned that someone else may make some money off of your idea.  Be thrilled that they have done so, and hopeful that you will learn some new ideas from other people who share your enthusiasm for sharing.

Todd,

I totally understand where you coming from dude. The saying, "It's better to give than recieve" is not without its' worth -- I think we both can agree with that.

However, when it comes to something as big as winning a jackpot that's an entirely different animal. I'm not against it or for it, it just the phenomenon behind the idea of just "sharing something you worked years to figure out." I think there should be some sort of reward to reveal something as sensitive as that.

To clarify, why not have the players' blogs, ideas, information-sharing converted to money? There are sites that does that very thing. Players can read others ideas and rate it up or down and get pay per click for the number of up-vote. I'm not an expert of putting it all together but I have been on sites that pays to share your ideas.

I even think more LP players will be willing to come out and share what they know (however measured their knowledge to share with others). I think the community here would benefit dramatically and increase more traffic to L.P. The more and more people join and rate others' ideas the greater the community you have at L.P.

What do you think?

Houston
        United States
        Member #62319
        June 24, 2008
        242 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2008, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

The irony is that people who would have the talent to do something with another person's idea - usually have some ideas to offer in exchange. People looking for a "free lunch" demand explanations of others' systems that use smaller and smaller words. It's a dead giveaway. They can steal Bob Vila's tools, but that doesn't make 'em able to build a house. Shocked

I agree with the principality about "recieving something for nothing," it's wrong --- are you suggesting I'm looking for a "free lunch"?

I have much to share and would do so with anybody that has much to share, as well.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
          Member #9517
          December 10, 2004
          1279 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2008, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

Nothing secret here. I use the simplest form of statistics combined with a group system. The systems goes well in profit into its 18th week.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23345 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2008, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

I totally understand where you coming from dude. The saying, "It's better to give than recieve" is not without its' worth -- I think we both can agree with that.

However, when it comes to something as big as winning a jackpot that's an entirely different animal. I'm not against it or for it, it just the phenomenon behind the idea of just "sharing something you worked years to figure out." I think there should be some sort of reward to reveal something as sensitive as that.

To clarify, why not have the players' blogs, ideas, information-sharing converted to money? There are sites that does that very thing. Players can read others ideas and rate it up or down and get pay per click for the number of up-vote. I'm not an expert of putting it all together but I have been on sites that pays to share your ideas.

I even think more LP players will be willing to come out and share what they know (however measured their knowledge to share with others). I think the community here would benefit dramatically and increase more traffic to L.P. The more and more people join and rate others' ideas the greater the community you have at L.P.

What do you think?

99.9% of all people working "for years to figure out" their lottery systems do not have anything significant to show for it.  So I don't think sharing your methods are going to hurt you at all.  The best any system can do is get you close.  It takes a lot of luck to achieve the rest, and that's where only those with positive energy will get there. 

So keep it to yourself if you wish; that's your decision.  Just know that it is rare for someone with that kind of approach to be as lucky as it takes to win a jackpot.

If you read a lot of winner stories, you'll see that frequently the winners are people whose neighbors say, "it couldn't happen to a nicer person/couple."

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Houston
              United States
              Member #62319
              June 24, 2008
              242 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2008, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

99.9% of all people working "for years to figure out" their lottery systems do not have anything significant to show for it.  So I don't think sharing your methods are going to hurt you at all.  The best any system can do is get you close.  It takes a lot of luck to achieve the rest, and that's where only those with positive energy will get there. 

So keep it to yourself if you wish; that's your decision.  Just know that it is rare for someone with that kind of approach to be as lucky as it takes to win a jackpot.

If you read a lot of winner stories, you'll see that frequently the winners are people whose neighbors say, "it couldn't happen to a nicer person/couple."

I agree totally -- even with the best method/system, "luck" will inevitably be the key to winning.

I also would agree that players (even on LP) do have something "significant" to show for their approach and that's the point I'm trying to make by suggesting incentives for those who come out and give the community some "hardcore" information/secrets.

I have a great method... and as a player, the inquiring minds wants to know more and more....

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                Member #13130
                March 30, 2005
                2171 Posts
                Posted: June 29, 2008, 12:24 am - IP Logged

I agree with the principality about "recieving something for nothing," it's wrong --- are you suggesting I'm looking for a "free lunch"?

I have much to share and would do so with anybody that has much to share, as well.

Nope. I'm saying if you (generic 'you', not personal 'you' ) share your ideas, you will find other people who will share theirs with you, or give you some kind of feedback... Otherwise, the forums would get pretty quiet.

If something has been discussed long ago, some will even provide a link. We just try to avoid reinventing the wheel.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Houston
                  United States
                  Member #62319
                  June 24, 2008
                  242 Posts
                  Posted: June 30, 2008, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Hey Todd,

In my last post that you locked.... I'm only trying to get the L.P. player to "speak" on what they know about the lottery. The community can be better serve when the community foster that kind of "outpouring" of information.

I don't see it happening (as I explained in my latest post). I suggested an incentive as a way to break the silent and get the players to share what they know. One of the best ways to do that is to offer incentives.

You suggested I explain how the incentive will be paid. I also explain in this post that I'm not exactly an expert how to put it all together but I sort of the know how the basics work.

1.) You have the participating members to open up a PayPal account.

2.) Apply a rating-vote (I think your site is using that feature as we speak).

3.) Credit pennies (up to 5 cent) per click or however much you want to pay. The thing is, you should get a bigger portion of the pay per click (and rightfully so) and have the posters that put out their ideas get the rest. The accumulation of of funds should be on-going so long as the members' post continue to get rated up unless you designate a cutoff point.

4.) Designate a certain amount for the funds to be transferred over to their PayPal account...i.e., up to $25.00 dollars, transfer to the members' PayPal account.

Now, I've been on a site that does this very thing (sorry I can't remember the site's name but it was a Reading/Writing site that pays for you knowledge on a range of subject matters.

This kind of setup would require a full staff. I don't know if you do this solo or what but you would need professional staffs run that operation. That's the best I know to get started.

If that site comes to mind, I will throw it out here and maybe you can check it out (very cool site) and add a similar funtionality to L.P.

The "pay for ideas" would get the community share what they know (no doubt) and everyone can benefit and get paid while striving to win the Big One.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23345 Posts
                    Posted: June 30, 2008, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Hey Todd,

In my last post that you locked.... I'm only trying to get the L.P. player to "speak" on what they know about the lottery. The community can be better serve when the community foster that kind of "outpouring" of information.

I don't see it happening (as I explained in my latest post). I suggested an incentive as a way to break the silent and get the players to share what they know. One of the best ways to do that is to offer incentives.

You suggested I explain how the incentive will be paid. I also explain in this post that I'm not exactly an expert how to put it all together but I sort of the know how the basics work.

1.) You have the participating members to open up a PayPal account.

2.) Apply a rating-vote (I think your site is using that feature as we speak).

3.) Credit pennies (up to 5 cent) per click or however much you want to pay. The thing is, you should get a bigger portion of the pay per click (and rightfully so) and have the posters that put out their ideas get the rest. The accumulation of of funds should be on-going so long as the members' post continue to get rated up unless you designate a cutoff point.

4.) Designate a certain amount for the funds to be transferred over to their PayPal account...i.e., up to $25.00 dollars, transfer to the members' PayPal account.

_____________________________________________________________

Now, I've been on a site that does this very thing (sorry I can't remember the site's name but it was a Reading/Writing site that pays for you knowledge on a range of subject matters.

This kind of setup would require a full staff. I don't know if you do this solo or what but you would need professional staffs run that operation. That's the best I know to get started.

If that site comes to mind, I will throw it out here and maybe you can check it out (very cool site) and add a similar funtionality to L.P.

The "pay for ideas" would get the community share what they know (no doubt) and everyone can benefit and get paid while striving to win the Big One.

Lottery players "speak" here more than on any other site, paid or not.  It's because we are a sharing community.

I appreciate your input, but as time*treat mentioned, this kind of thing has been discussed several times previously.

We are not going to be a site where people get paid for sharing ideas.  That might work well for some other site, but we are a community of people who want to share their ideas, and those who want to get paid for their ideas don't last too long.  But there are far fewer of those types, so it's not really an issue.

Besides, the community as it operates right now is the same successful model that 95% of Internet-based communities use.  You can always find specific sites that successfully do things differently, but that's not what we're going to do.

Thanks again for the input, hopefully this doesn't discourage your enthusiasm, because it's not the intention.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                      Member #41383
                      June 16, 2006
                      1969 Posts
                      Posted: July 3, 2008, 2:13 am - IP Logged

I don't want to be the one to do a "tell-all" on what I know about the lottery. I figure a lot of smart players approach the numbers in a "similar way" and rather keep to themselves how they do it.

From my time on this site, I notice some good player from the way they play Maddog Mega Million Challenge but rarely do I see those players telling LP how they approach their numbers. Also, there's a maddening culture here to shut up about it, am I right guys?  

You are correct.

But it's not just here, and it's not just on 'gaming' sites, it's ALL websites.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                        Kunming
                        China
                        Member #57910
                        January 23, 2008
                        3626 Posts
                        Posted: July 3, 2008, 3:21 am - IP Logged

Nope, I don't think that's the case.  I think there's an unwillingness to repeat the same information lots and lots of times.

There is more than eight years of posts available to search instantly here at Lottery Post, so my feeling is that when members sense that someone has not spent a few minutes using the Search feature to see if the same topic has been previously asked/answered, their first thought is that the person did not do even a little research, and that they want someone else to do the research for them.

There are so many systems and methods documented, it's mind-boggling.  Carve out an entire day to spend going through previously-posted topics, and you will have scratched the surface.  Don't forget about the blogs too (which are also fully-searchable), because several members have posted instructions for their favorite systems there too.

You are sooooooooooooooooo right. So much info here. I Agree!

Play to win!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5142 Posts
                          Posted: July 3, 2008, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

You are sooooooooooooooooo right. So much info here. I Agree!

I Agree!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!

A+B+C=Pick-3

A+B+C+D=PICK-4

A+B+C+D+E=Pick-5

A+B+C+D+E+F=Pick-6

"KI$$" & LOL

PSYKOMO