Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Need Advice...for the Big One

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 8 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
Member #13130
March 30, 2005
2171 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2008, 2:19 am - IP Logged

Mega-ThinkTank:

Which bring me to the point of this post. I need advice how to goabout setting up a financial team, a Lawyer (what to expect??) andstuff like that. I've read tons of stuff on the internet but what firmsshould I contact that specialize in lottery money? What financialinstitution to look at to put together a financial team? Should I havemy Lawyer open my  Foundation in the event some greedy entity try tosue me after learning my identity (though I won't be putting myself inthat spotlight)?

I just need a simple steps-to-take once I have the winning ticket in my hands. Any advice, suggestion would be appreciated.

Start in the yellow pages under "financial planning". CFPs work with lawyers. You'll find national names as well as local. Call a few. Ask about consultation prices. Visit a few. Have some of your questions written down before-hand.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
    Washington *state*
    United States
    Member #62009
    June 14, 2008
    192 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2008, 3:31 am - IP Logged

I think its good to think positive.  And if you have a "system" or "formula" well thats great!.  Theres nothing bad about trying anything to win that damn lottery.  I seriously don't know squat about reading numbers or predicting the next numbers due.  I've been playing for years, and have not won anything over $7.00.  Well not unless you count a $10.00 scratcher win about 3 weeks ago.  But I started "feeling" like I was going to win one day about 2 years ago.  I began thinking about it daily as we all probably do.  I watched the MM as it went up and down...and really really up....and down.  The thought of "when in the hell is it gonna be mine?" came into my mind more than I'd like to admit.  Some players have been playing for years and years and are still hoping for their turn.  About 6 months ago, I started thinking about all the reasons I won't ever win.  Call it negativity..call it what you want.  Though I had the feeling "I" was going to turn this little town up side down someday, my hopes deminished every time I saw someone back east won it. Don't take that to heart. Its just what I see alot.  I mean you got to admit...Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Georgia.  They have had some real good luck.  Both Jackpots, and second tier.  Washington was brought into MM in 2002.  I think it was only a few months later that we had our first MM JP winner of like 92M (2002).  It wasen't until 4 years later, we had JP winner #2 of about 56M(2006).  Though it can happen anywhere, to anyone..I began thinking it would never happen to someone like "me" in a town like this..in this side of the states .  I hate to think negative, I really do.  I envy you all who do have your think positive hats on.  I continue to play using my numbers and jp's.  I hope everyone luck in winning no matter what system or formula you use.  As for who to use after the win..hummmm I sure wouldn't know what the heck to do if I was to win big.  I've heard of a group who just looked into the phone book and choose someone..lol though I'm not sure if thats the greatest way.  Apparently, my father in law has some sort of big time lawyer cousin.  We jokingly say we'll call him as soon as we win the big en' for advise.  For those who play, I do believe the numbers can come to you if you just listen to them.  One time a few years back..and I'm not joking..I grabbed a pick your own numbers sheet and sat there in the store looking and looking at the numbers.  When a number JUMPED out at me, I marked the box.  I did this in total silence thinking "ok baby...come to me."  When the drawing came, I went to the website to check my numbers.  The first 5 numbers I choose were 1 number off each.  The 6th  number was reversed.  I think I choose like 45 and it was 54.  And the mega ball number was also reversed.  Like I choose 21 and the ball drawn was 12.  I called my hubby over and I said "look how much closer I'm getting!"  He thinks I'm crazy.  He thinks I'm obsessed.  He won't be saying that  once i hit the big one!Banana

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
      Kunming
      China
      Member #57910
      January 23, 2008
      3626 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2008, 6:08 am - IP Logged

I think its good to think positive.  And if you have a "system" or "formula" well thats great!.  Theres nothing bad about trying anything to win that damn lottery.  I seriously don't know squat about reading numbers or predicting the next numbers due.  I've been playing for years, and have not won anything over $7.00.  Well not unless you count a $10.00 scratcher win about 3 weeks ago.  But I started "feeling" like I was going to win one day about 2 years ago.  I began thinking about it daily as we all probably do.  I watched the MM as it went up and down...and really really up....and down.  The thought of "when in the hell is it gonna be mine?" came into my mind more than I'd like to admit.  Some players have been playing for years and years and are still hoping for their turn.  About 6 months ago, I started thinking about all the reasons I won't ever win.  Call it negativity..call it what you want.  Though I had the feeling "I" was going to turn this little town up side down someday, my hopes deminished every time I saw someone back east won it. Don't take that to heart. Its just what I see alot.  I mean you got to admit...Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Georgia.  They have had some real good luck.  Both Jackpots, and second tier.  Washington was brought into MM in 2002.  I think it was only a few months later that we had our first MM JP winner of like 92M (2002).  It wasen't until 4 years later, we had JP winner #2 of about 56M(2006).  Though it can happen anywhere, to anyone..I began thinking it would never happen to someone like "me" in a town like this..in this side of the states .  I hate to think negative, I really do.  I envy you all who do have your think positive hats on.  I continue to play using my numbers and jp's.  I hope everyone luck in winning no matter what system or formula you use.  As for who to use after the win..hummmm I sure wouldn't know what the heck to do if I was to win big.  I've heard of a group who just looked into the phone book and choose someone..lol though I'm not sure if thats the greatest way.  Apparently, my father in law has some sort of big time lawyer cousin.  We jokingly say we'll call him as soon as we win the big en' for advise.  For those who play, I do believe the numbers can come to you if you just listen to them.  One time a few years back..and I'm not joking..I grabbed a pick your own numbers sheet and sat there in the store looking and looking at the numbers.  When a number JUMPED out at me, I marked the box.  I did this in total silence thinking "ok baby...come to me."  When the drawing came, I went to the website to check my numbers.  The first 5 numbers I choose were 1 number off each.  The 6th  number was reversed.  I think I choose like 45 and it was 54.  And the mega ball number was also reversed.  Like I choose 21 and the ball drawn was 12.  I called my hubby over and I said "look how much closer I'm getting!"  He thinks I'm crazy.  He thinks I'm obsessed.  He won't be saying that  once i hit the big one!Banana

Lotto*Love what's wrong with winning a Pick 5 and then working your way up to the BIG ONE? So many people are so hung up on THE BIG ONE that they fail to see that hitting a Pick 5 will be much easier and realistic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discourage anyone here(not that I can anyway) but maybe if you try the Pick 5 and hit that, the bigger jackpots will follow. I think thinking positive is the first step and next comes picking your battles. Okay I'm ranting, sorry! Good Luck!

Rant

Play to win!

Houston
        United States
        Member #62319
        June 24, 2008
        242 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2008, 9:22 am - IP Logged

"I didn't let "negativites" hold me back. I approach the lottery thesame way. My family look at me and laugh when I say I can win something"significant" from the lottery. I started out about 13 or15 years agoand gain some very sound knowledge, wisdom, and understanding about thenumbers. I don't remind myself of the million odds or the "chances ofwinning" and all that crap.

If the game is "man-made" I can win it. So can you, just stopdoubting yourself and stick with what you do. My method is great and Iplan to prove it to L.P. soon, if not now."

Nice attitude to have! Good luck to you. Cheers

Cheers to that baby!

Houston
          United States
          Member #62319
          June 24, 2008
          242 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2008, 9:40 am - IP Logged

Dude, it's RANDOM !

YOU 'think about it'.

Thousands, if not hundreds of thousands have 'systems', and I'd be willing to bet hundreds of people have also developed 'your' system, but there is no system out there that can predict randomness with any amount of 'success'.

Oh sure, tons of people get 3x5, but you go take a hard look at any of the 'prediction' threads on here - most of these folks have a developed system of some sort just as you do, and they don't do too well; a stray 3x5, and once in a great while a 4x5...

Wake up and smell the coffee.

I'm not saying you won't win it - I'm saying there are tons of people thinking your thoughts - myself included - but most of us know this is a sport, a game, with incredible odds stacked against us, but we still play...

I think it's cool I'm getting a response from Guesser. A while back when I wasn't a member yet and just an observer, I used to read your posts because of your avatar picture (that little walking-thing). It reminds me of a scripture out of the Bible when God asked Satan, "Where have you been?" Satan replied, " Walking back and forth on the earth."

Anyway, I don't use a system. I use a method -- a system achieve the same results over and over. My method is "forever-changing" with the main factors in place while always adding new components, i.e. ideas, tricks, realizations, discoveries etc.

If people have "developed [my] system" good for them...just another player that plays like me, right? You right though, there is no "system" to predict randomness -- that's why you need to play it with a "method" to incoporate changes on the fly... a system will never be able to do that unless reprogrammed again and again and again. That's why I don't find a system useful for playing the lottery. I also don't consider knowing stuff like "calculus and geometry" -- the Mega Million Lottery does not recognize "calculus and geometry." It doesn't recognize players doubting other players either.

It recognizes randomness and the skill-set of choice is: Being Versed In Patterns.

Houston
            United States
            Member #62319
            June 24, 2008
            242 Posts
            Posted: July 3, 2008, 9:54 am - IP Logged

If you're living in a rural town, you're in good hand. Those that wins from rural towns or small towns or towns that's "not on the map," have a fine track-record of winning jackpots (especially in Texas).

My positive attitude stems from the fact that I keep a low expectation. I take pride in getting the number group right if all the numbers are wrong. I take pride in getting 1 or 2 or 3 numbers right. I strive for improvement in all facet of the game. If it's having all the numbers on paper but different numbers on the playslip, I find that a "positive" for me because it's all coming from what my method produce. Keep your expectation low and go for small, consistent improvement/gains and continue strengthening your method along the way or a system if you use that or a fomula etc.

Good luck.

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
              N.C.
              United States
              Member #56005
              October 28, 2007
              831 Posts
              Posted: July 3, 2008, 10:52 am - IP Logged

If you're living in a rural town, you're in good hand. Those that wins from rural towns or small towns or towns that's "not on the map," have a fine track-record of winning jackpots (especially in Texas).

My positive attitude stems from the fact that I keep a low expectation. I take pride in getting the number group right if all the numbers are wrong. I take pride in getting 1 or 2 or 3 numbers right. I strive for improvement in all facet of the game. If it's having all the numbers on paper but different numbers on the playslip, I find that a "positive" for me because it's all coming from what my method produce. Keep your expectation low and go for small, consistent improvement/gains and continue strengthening your method along the way or a system if you use that or a fomula etc.

Good luck.

I disagree with that.

I don't think it matters where you live, (small town or big city) when playing a ball machine type of lottery. what matters are your skills.

Scratch offs...maybe, maybe not...

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5121 Posts
                Posted: July 3, 2008, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

TT:

Please tell ALL>>>>>>HOW UR going to use this great INFORMATION!!!!!!

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Why not play with the "BIG" DOG^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

when UR "HOT">>"HOT">>"HOT">>or hot??!!

When PSYKO get's HOT^^^^^MEGA-HOT^^^^^>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Go play w/d  "MADDOG">

(don't play w/ur self).............................^!^

LOL

PSYKOMO

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2008, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Lotto*Love what's wrong with winning a Pick 5 and then working your way up to the BIG ONE? So many people are so hung up on THE BIG ONE that they fail to see that hitting a Pick 5 will be much easier and realistic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discourage anyone here(not that I can anyway) but maybe if you try the Pick 5 and hit that, the bigger jackpots will follow. I think thinking positive is the first step and next comes picking your battles. Okay I'm ranting, sorry! Good Luck!

Rant

Personally I would love to win a Pick 5...if I had one in my area. The closest one to me at the moment is in Montana, but I can't waste gas just to get tickets. No Nod

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5121 Posts
                    Posted: July 3, 2008, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Personally I would love to win a Pick 5...if I had one in my area. The closest one to me at the moment is in Montana, but I can't waste gas just to get tickets. No Nod

ThatScaryChick:

Think Mega-Million and Power-Ball and PSYKMO alway's has a BALL!!!!!!!!

PSYKO has a few B@@K'ng this week-end & pertend's 2 B making $$$$$

HAPPY 4th of JULY to U>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TSC>>>>>>>>>>>>

DrumPartyDrum

LOL

PSYKOMO

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
                      Washington *state*
                      United States
                      Member #62009
                      June 14, 2008
                      192 Posts
                      Posted: July 3, 2008, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Rant

Oh I do play Hit5 in my state. lol  Though most people should be thinking about just winning maybe $500.00 or more, we (I) sometimes think too big. lol  But when I buy a scratcher.  first scratch and a $5,000 appears (in say a match 3) I already start thinking what I can do with that money.  Like finally getting to go visit my mother in Cali.  More realistic yes, but never pans out for me (yet).  So when I daydream, I naturally go big.  Seems a bit weird but i do.  It would be more realistic in say winning my 7.7M Wa Lotto this Saturday which i have a better chance of winning than MM.   when I play MM and daydream, I tend to think about the 1 in 175M plus chance of winning..Meaning someones got to win, and it most likely won't be me (negativity!)  So when I play/daydream about MM it's usually about winning the Jackpot of say 150M (Any amount is fantastic, but I just dream big when i dream). I don't know why.  Its the "if your gonna dream, dream big" type thing. I figure if I think i will never hit the big one, I can at least dream of it.  But I do dream and play for winning smaller amounts too.  I dream more about the one I hope to obtain someday.

Almost won $3.00 last night..lol dang! just needed 1 more number!  My qp was close though.

My numbers    8,12,17,39,44,49

Nums drawn    8,13,15,39,40,48

Im closing in!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I know everyone daydreams.   What does everyone tend to fantasize about?  A decent win? do you go for the big one? 5,000? 20,000?  25M? 50M? or do you dream BIG...250M+?

I'd love to win just enought to buy myself a better new or used vehicle before my only car BLOWS UP ON ME! lol if that happens, it will be the....4th OLD pre-loved car to go.

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: July 3, 2008, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

I've worked in finances and I have some advice for you.  If you get a name out of the Yellow Pages and say "I plan to win a MM or PB jackpot soon and need some counseling" and he/she designs an investment plan for you, don't call that person back if you actually win.

reddog's avatar - patch
                          Greensboro, North Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #1616
                          June 5, 2003
                          1287 Posts
                          Posted: July 5, 2008, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

I've worked in finances and I have some advice for you.  If you get a name out of the Yellow Pages and say "I plan to win a MM or PB jackpot soon and need some counseling" and he/she designs an investment plan for you, don't call that person back if you actually win.

How come , justxploring ?

US Flag

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                            Idaho
                            United States
                            Member #56506
                            November 21, 2007
                            6537 Posts
                            Posted: July 6, 2008, 12:14 am - IP Logged

ThatScaryChick:

Think Mega-Million and Power-Ball and PSYKMO alway's has a BALL!!!!!!!!

PSYKO has a few B@@K'ng this week-end & pertend's 2 B making $$$$$

HAPPY 4th of JULY to U>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TSC>>>>>>>>>>>>

DrumPartyDrum

LOL

PSYKOMO

I do play Powerball, but I wish we had a Pick 5 in my state that I could play. Maybe one of these days.

Hope the 4th was a good one for you!

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."