Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does your bookstore sell any lottery books?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 8 years ago by LottoChica23.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Sunny California
United States
Member #40295
May 31, 2006
7712 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2008, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Good question! Very very few,practically none at the Border's near my house. In fact, I think the only one is the Prof. Jones one which is junk in my opinion. Like you say,must not be much call for them anymore. Can't even find Robert Serotic's books which were my first introduction to the lottery. Even hard to find Serotic's online,some people ask a fortune for them on ebay. If you're lucky sometimes you can find lottery books at garage sales or used book stores (or maybe soon at antique shops,lol). But the big chains will only sell what's popular at the moment.(which as far as I can tell in the form of gambling books is POKER) Thank goodness for the internet! 

trulyblessed's avatar - yocco
    Durham, North Carolina
    United States
    Member #58710
    February 23, 2008
    6869 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2008, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

Good question, my local book stores don't carry any.  That's one of the reasons I created the book store link on the left -- it can be very hard to find good lottery books. 

I generally agree with RJOh, but I still think there is value in buying certain books, because there are definitely ways to spend less money and usually achieve a better result.

OMG I never noticed the LP Bookstore. Wow, let me scroll on over.

Lovies

LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
      Fughedaboutit (NY)
      United States
      Member #8160
      October 26, 2004
      6777 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2008, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

I have been collecting lottery books for the past 25+ years and there wasn't much when I started and there isn't much now.

I usually purchase my books online so I don't go to bookstores often. You can get great deals on hard to find lottery books online. I saw a Serotic book for $1.99. You can't beat that price with a stick!  Hit With Stick

When I do happen to visit a bookstore I do make it a point to visit the gambling/games/hobbies section to see what is available on the subject of lottery books and I ususally don't see much if anything at all.What?

I often visit some of the self-publishing web sites to see what the average Jane/Joe is writing about winning the daily numbers games and the lottery. I haven't found anything that is worth noting there either.

I have always been interested in the untold, through the years (generation to generation), nitty gritty, ins and outs of "numbers playing" such as workouts, strategies and the like. However, I have come to realize that everything I have been in search of for so many years is right here at Lottery Post. Group Hug

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up