Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

One method?

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 8 years ago by tntea.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
joplin
United States
Member #45299
August 17, 2006
151 Posts
Posted: July 9, 2008, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Of all the posting over the years on LP, is there 1 method or system, that stands out, above all others? 

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8360 Posts
    Posted: July 9, 2008, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Of all the posting over the years on LP, is there 1 method or system, that stands out, above all others? 

In my opinion it would be powertrails from one of our posters BobP. While this system doesn't create doubles. It gets you in the ball park and once you use it for a while you can decide which numbers to make a double.

http://www.lotto-logix.com/txthouse/pwrtrails.html

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
      Kunming
      China
      Member #57910
      January 23, 2008
      3626 Posts
      Posted: July 10, 2008, 8:57 am - IP Logged

In my opinion it would be powertrails from one of our posters BobP. While this system doesn't create doubles. It gets you in the ball park and once you use it for a while you can decide which numbers to make a double.

http://www.lotto-logix.com/txthouse/pwrtrails.html

Thanks four4me. I didn't know about this system. I'm gonna try it out. I also didn't realize that BobP is Robert Perkis(he really knows his stuff). See, you learn something new everyday.Thumbs Up

Play to win!

joplin
        United States
        Member #45299
        August 17, 2006
        151 Posts
        Posted: July 10, 2008, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

I too want to thank four4me, as well. 

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1953 Posts
          Posted: July 10, 2008, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

I haven't really payed much attention to others' systems on here; however, one of these days I will get a 6 out of 6. Just give me time.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19817 Posts
            Posted: July 10, 2008, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

The only way to know about a system is to use it exclusively for a while.  When you're developing your own, you don't have time to evaluate other systems, besides if you thought any of them were that great you wouldn't be developing your own.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8360 Posts
              Posted: July 11, 2008, 12:12 am - IP Logged

Thanks jackpotismine and gsc5

I just provided the link the thanks should go to Bob P for creating it and Rick G. and Larry G. improved it. However you also can fiddle with it to get your states best results. This ins' t a system that will work for every draw but i narrows the picks for best selection based on the amount of history you apply.

In my blog i give some examples of it's use. If you do a search on powertrails you will find other examples of how other posters use it.

It is one of those systems that might also be used in combination with different tracking methods. Numbers that appear often over the last three draws are due for a change time to work the cold and luke warm.

Powertrails is only used for pick 3 and 4 games.

Somebody might have an idea for jackpot games using this method but it might be complicated to figure out.
              And of course the person who compiles it can give it a different name.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3102 Posts
                Posted: July 11, 2008, 2:39 am - IP Logged

Power Trails works because when all different digits are drawn it will
                give you 2 of them 8 or 9 times out of 10 and when that happens
                there are only 8 digits remaining to close the box so it brings the odds
                down to 1 in 8.   With a good eye you can kinda know what it's gonna
                do.  It works as well as anything else I've seen in its class.   BobP

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                  Dump Water Florida
                  United States
                  Member #380
                  June 5, 2002
                  3102 Posts
                  Posted: July 11, 2008, 2:48 am - IP Logged

Thanks jackpotismine and gsc5

I just provided the link the thanks should go to Bob P for creating it and Rick G. and Larry G. improved it. However you also can fiddle with it to get your states best results. This ins' t a system that will work for every draw but i narrows the picks for best selection based on the amount of history you apply.

In my blog i give some examples of it's use. If you do a search on powertrails you will find other examples of how other posters use it.

It is one of those systems that might also be used in combination with different tracking methods. Numbers that appear often over the last three draws are due for a change time to work the cold and luke warm.

Powertrails is only used for pick 3 and 4 games.

Somebody might have an idea for jackpot games using this method but it might be complicated to figure out.
                  And of course the person who compiles it can give it a different name.

Pick-3 sytems can be streatched to work for Jackpot games by using
                  the digits 1-9 to represent roots, then after you pick the number the
                  roots have to be expanded and their numbers wheeled. 

Root
                  01 = 01-10-19-28-37-46-55
                  02 = 02-11-20-29-38-47-56
                  03 = 03-12-21-30-39-48-57
                  04 = 04-13-22-31-40-49-58
                  05 = 05-14-23-32-41-50-59
                  06 = 06-15-24-33-42-51-60
                  07 = 07-16-25-34-43-52-61
                  08 = 08-17-26-35-44-53-62
                  09 = 09-18-27-36-45-54-63

BobP

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                    Kunming
                    China
                    Member #57910
                    January 23, 2008
                    3626 Posts
                    Posted: July 11, 2008, 3:49 am - IP Logged

Root

BobP

Yes, Thank you BobP for the Pick-3 System.Thumbs Up

Play to win!

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7297 Posts
                      Posted: July 11, 2008, 8:34 am - IP Logged

I haven't really payed much attention to others' systems on here; however, one of these days I will get a 6 out of 6. Just give me time.

Saying you're going to win is positive thinking and if the drawings continue, over time all the combinations will be drawn. The methods of choosing the combos vary, but we all have the same chance of winning the jackpot when we buy a ticket. Because there is a large number of possible combinations, most of us will probably run out of because of the small percentage of combos that will be drawn in our lifetime.

How much time do you think you'll need?

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                        Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #48725
                        January 7, 2007
                        1953 Posts
                        Posted: July 11, 2008, 8:50 am - IP Logged

Saying you're going to win is positive thinking and if the drawings continue, over time all the combinations will be drawn. The methods of choosing the combos vary, but we all have the same chance of winning the jackpot when we buy a ticket. Because there is a large number of possible combinations, most of us will probably run out of because of the small percentage of combos that will be drawn in our lifetime.

Probably not much. Hopefully within the next year.

Gonna win.Big Smile

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                          Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #56506
                          November 21, 2007
                          6537 Posts
                          Posted: July 12, 2008, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Root

BobP

Thank you BobP! Thumbs Up

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19817 Posts
                            Posted: July 12, 2008, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Does everyone have the same chance of winning the jackpot? 

Players using a system must think they have an advantage over players buying QuickPicks or they wouldn't be using their systems.  At least I always thought my system did that for me but lately I'm having second thoughts. 

To answer the question, for the next few weeks I will be picking combinations using my system and pick the same amount of combinations using the LP Quick Picks RNG.  I think a month of comparing the results of both methods should answer the question and if it turns out my system is not during better than the LP Quick Picks then I going have to make some changes.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7297 Posts
                              Posted: July 12, 2008, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Does everyone have the same chance of winning the jackpot? 

Players using a system must think they have an advantage over players buying QuickPicks or they wouldn't be using their systems.  At least I always thought my system did that for me but lately I'm having second thoughts. 

To answer the question, for the next few weeks I will be picking combinations using my system and pick the same amount of combinations using the LP Quick Picks RNG.  I think a month of comparing the results of both methods should answer the question and if it turns out my system is not during better than the LP Quick Picks then I going have to make some changes.

If one player buys 20 QPs and another plays 20 of their personal combos, they both have the same chance of winning jackpot. However for secondary prizes, I believe the systems player has the edge. Maddog's challenge could be played for $12 using a 3 if 4 wheel and each powerball and megaball could be played 3 times. Players could collect twice for matching 2 + 1. I've played 12 QPs and only matched one number out of the 60 with no megaballs. Which is the better bet?

Matching 4 numbers out of 25 is difficult but I've seen you do that many times. For $20 you can play each number 4 times and you could never get that balance playing 20 QPs. The average player can't play all the combinations using 25 numbers but playing a 13 combo 2 if 4 wheel in a 5/39 game, matching 4 numbers at the very least will get you back $2 and possibly $10 or $300. Since the 13 combos have the same chance of winning the jackpot as buying 13 QPs, there is no down side.

I don't know if you'll make a profit playing your system, but over time your cost of playing will be less than somebody buying a like number of QPs.