Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

One method?

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 8 years ago by tntea.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
wyoming, michigan
United States
Member #53058
June 22, 2007
637 Posts
Posted: July 12, 2008, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Wheeling with a group of #s will stretch your $$$$$ alot further as we all know.  But to win a jackpot we still need that genuine combination of all the winning #s on the same line.  Smaller wins will sustain and or help us to reach that plateau if we ever do.  I would rather have a taste and a sample of a win and imagine how it will feel when it is a million times that level.  Highs and lows will always be there, just remember you can feel any emotion you want for any given situation, just depends on you.  God bless and good luck to all.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: July 12, 2008, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Of all the posting over the years on LP, is there 1 method or system, that stands out, above all others? 

Standout systems will vary by the game type (you didn't specify) & state. An argument could be made that RNG vs mechanical makes a difference, too.

My 'method' is to discuss ideas with people who pay serious attention to detail.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
      Miami
      United States
      Member #62793
      July 9, 2008
      673 Posts
      Posted: July 13, 2008, 1:44 am - IP Logged

Thanks Four and Bobp!

I like this sytem and I'm gonna use it for Play4.

I have to say, however, I don't get what it was larry and rick were saying at the end.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1954 Posts
        Posted: July 13, 2008, 9:47 am - IP Logged

If one player buys 20 QPs and another plays 20 of their personal combos, they both have the same chance of winning jackpot. However for secondary prizes, I believe the systems player has the edge. Maddog's challenge could be played for $12 using a 3 if 4 wheel and each powerball and megaball could be played 3 times. Players could collect twice for matching 2 + 1. I've played 12 QPs and only matched one number out of the 60 with no megaballs. Which is the better bet?

Matching 4 numbers out of 25 is difficult but I've seen you do that many times. For $20 you can play each number 4 times and you could never get that balance playing 20 QPs. The average player can't play all the combinations using 25 numbers but playing a 13 combo 2 if 4 wheel in a 5/39 game, matching 4 numbers at the very least will get you back $2 and possibly $10 or $300. Since the 13 combos have the same chance of winning the jackpot as buying 13 QPs, there is no down side.

I don't know if you'll make a profit playing your system, but over time your cost of playing will be less than somebody buying a like number of QPs.

If one player buys 20 QPs and another plays 20 of their personalcombos, they both have the same chance of winning jackpot. However forsecondary prizes, I believe the systems player has the edge.

I can't say I agree with that completely. To me, it depends on the system. Some systems target individual numbers, whereas some systems(like mine) target characteristics of the entire set. Depending on the method used, the edge increase can applied to all prize levels.

Gonna win.Big Smile

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
          Member #5344
          June 30, 2004
          23641 Posts
          Posted: July 13, 2008, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone tried the Powertrail with the pick 5 numbers?

TN Lotto Five

19

32        03

30       11        35

28       02        36       08

37      33        39        26       27

09       04       34        23       12        29

10      21       16        17        20       13        07

20       13       07       01        24        14       05       22

15        25                    31       06

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: July 13, 2008, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

PowerTrail with PowerBall

21

09           07

14          12          52

18         31           48         34

26        33         50          45           20

25       32         22         53          42           46

05       49        41         40          44         28            43

39         37       29         01         30          11          02           08

24       17         03        15        19         47           51          10             04

16         54        23         13         38        27         06          55           36             35

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: July 13, 2008, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

In my opinion it would be powertrails from one of our posters BobP. While this system doesn't create doubles. It gets you in the ball park and once you use it for a while you can decide which numbers to make a double.

http://www.lotto-logix.com/txthouse/pwrtrails.html

How I got my doubles were to take the top two and  or the ones in 6th and 7th place to double.

I like using the last 15 draws to the previous month to run the numbers, then play for the next month.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: July 13, 2008, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

Does everyone have the same chance of winning the jackpot? 

Players using a system must think they have an advantage over players buying QuickPicks or they wouldn't be using their systems.  At least I always thought my system did that for me but lately I'm having second thoughts. 

To answer the question, for the next few weeks I will be picking combinations using my system and pick the same amount of combinations using the LP Quick Picks RNG.  I think a month of comparing the results of both methods should answer the question and if it turns out my system is not during better than the LP Quick Picks then I going have to make some changes.

"Does everyone have the same chance of winning the jackpot?"

I would think they would if they all bought the same amount of tickets. People can say that they have an advantage over players buying quick picks, but I read a lot more people winning with qp's then systems.

And before someone says it, yes I do know that more people buy quick picks then pick their own numbers.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7314 Posts
                  Posted: July 14, 2008, 12:20 am - IP Logged

If one player buys 20 QPs and another plays 20 of their personalcombos, they both have the same chance of winning jackpot. However forsecondary prizes, I believe the systems player has the edge.

I can't say I agree with that completely. To me, it depends on the system. Some systems target individual numbers, whereas some systems(like mine) target characteristics of the entire set. Depending on the method used, the edge increase can applied to all prize levels.

Before the drawing neither of them know what's going to be drawn so I'm just comparing 20 combos to 20 other combos. One is getting $20 worth of action and the other is making an educated guess maybe based on percentages.   

"Some systems target individual numbers, whereas some systems(like mine) target characteristics of the entire set."

If a player guesses that 2 or 3 of the numbers will be even, 2 or 3 of the numbers will be low, and uses that distribution in all 20 combos, they only have an edge when they guess correctly. How big of an edge would depend on how many of the QPs had that distribution. If they guess wrong, they have no chance of matching all 5 numbers and the edge goes to the QP player providing at least one of their combos has another distribution.

About 42% of all the combinations in MM have that distribution and they should be correct in about 42% of the drawings using it. Since we don't know what the QP distribution will be, we can't determine if there is an edge. RJ compares a like number of QPs to their system every draw so over time an evaluation can be made.

Playing that distribution might get an overall edge over QPs, but it's still only 20 out of a possible 1.6 million combos having that distribution. The chances of hitting the jackpot depends on how many numbers are in the set and the total number of possible combos the distribution creates. We won't get paid off for matching a correct distribution or a set of numbers unless we have the right combo within them.

"Depending on the method used, the edge increase can applied to all prize levels."

In games with bonus balls like MM, the payoffs of $7 for matching 3 and $150 for matching 4 of the 5 numbers isn't much help to a system's player considering the odds. In most 5/39 games the payoffs are around 10% of the overall possibilities. In Rolling Cash 5 the odds of matching 2 numbers is 1 in 10 and the payoff is $1; matching 3 is 1 in 103, pays $10 and matching 4 is 1 in 3387 and pays $300. The odds of matching 3 in MM is 1 in 306 and 1 in 15,313 for matching 4.

A system that consistently picks 3 and an occasional 4 numbers playing a 3 if 4 wheel will give to give an edge by lowering the cost of play, but a system would still have to win a jackpot to prove it had an edge or the same number of QPs. Before the drawing I can't see any edge 20 system picks have over 20 QPs for winning the jackpot.

Did the jackpot winner playing his grand kids' birth dates have an edge, the players that won with QPs, or did "none of the above" have an edge?

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                    Miami
                    United States
                    Member #62793
                    July 9, 2008
                    673 Posts
                    Posted: July 14, 2008, 1:28 am - IP Logged

I used powertrails yesterday for the first time. I used a 10 day history and followed the example in the link Four gave. I've been off by one number twice. I think the key is to stick with it for a while using the same numbers.

I looked at Jade's system, but it's way out of my budget.

bootleg233's avatar - Lottery-034.jpg
                      Tn
                      United States
                      Member #54963
                      September 4, 2007
                      1164 Posts
                      Posted: July 14, 2008, 4:34 am - IP Logged

Has anyone tried the Powertrail with the pick 5 numbers?

TN Lotto Five

19

32        03

30       11        35

37      33        39        26       27

09       04       34        23       12        29

10      21       16        17        20       13        07

20       13       07       01        24        14       05       22

15        25                    31       06

Hey tntea am I missing the 18 and 38 in here or is there a reason they are gone? Just wondering....Confused

WHEN IT FEELS THE WHOLE WORLD SUCKS!

RELAX.........IT'S ONLY GRAVITY Big Smile

I think I can I think I can!!!!

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
                        N.C.
                        United States
                        Member #56005
                        October 28, 2007
                        832 Posts
                        Posted: July 14, 2008, 10:36 am - IP Logged

I use Gail Howards Smart Luck system. its the system I learned on and its the system I personally am going to stick with.

are there systems that are better?...maybe. but I'm not sure that any other system could work as well for me.

That nobody on this site has a better win/loss ratio exclusive to powerball (with real money) than my pool.

I have kept stats on how my pool has done in the powerball over the last 6 months (prize ratio) and If I told you the statistics over 6 months and 1800+ picks you my not be inclined to believe me. and the only way I could prove it to you is by faxing the winning ticket numbers.

The only proof I can offer is at Smartluck.com. there you will find an entire list of people who have won using Gail Howards Advantage Plus software.

What one person can do, so can another.

I have yet to see another system that has provided such proof.

In my opinion if you track numbers with a system you definately have an advantage.

If I had any luck at all, I would have won by now.

Best thing to do is to find the system that works for you.
                        easier said than done...I know.

Good Luck!

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: July 14, 2008, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Hey tntea am I missing the 18 and 38 in here or is there a reason they are gone? Just wondering....Confused

yeah...  I got  20 07 13 listed twice.

Will redo at home tonight.

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: July 14, 2008, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

19

32        03

30       11        35

38      37        33       39       26

27       09       04        34       18        23

12      29       10        21        16       17        20

13       07       01       24        14        05       22       15

25         31          06       

TN pick 5 update

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7314 Posts
                              Posted: July 15, 2008, 3:59 am - IP Logged

I used powertrails yesterday for the first time. I used a 10 day history and followed the example in the link Four gave. I've been off by one number twice. I think the key is to stick with it for a while using the same numbers.

I looked at Jade's system, but it's way out of my budget.

Putting the 10 digits into an ordered list is the basics of most systems and Powertrails places them in order of digit frequency; either hot to cold or cold to hot. It's a nice systems to experiment with because you can use many different drawing histories, complare them, and try to find a sweet spot.