Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

bankrupcy

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 8 years ago by kloud9y2k.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
Clarksville
United States
Member #487
July 15, 2002
17638 Posts
Posted: July 16, 2008, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

I tell some of the kids I know who got shafted for CS when they were growing up to sue the deadbeat parent when they turn 18  for back CS.  That way, regardless of what happens, that lawsuit is on the books and they can't make any money and not have to give the child some.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Pasadena MD
    United States
    Member #63021
    July 16, 2008
    15 Posts
    Posted: July 16, 2008, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY but I have dealt with and still do deal with many people in bankruptcy through my business so do not take my answer as that of an expert but of someone who has dealt with it. It depends if you are still in bankruptcy. If you are in any kind of bankruptcy the court and the creditor would seek payment from your winnings. They would know about your winnings as you must report the income to the court.

If your bankruptcy has concluded with a discharge from chapter 7 or the completion of a repayment plan through chapter 13, then they can not dip their fingers into your winnings because only the court can allow that and if you finished any of the bankruptcies, the court is no longer involved.

Pasadena MD
      United States
      Member #63021
      July 16, 2008
      15 Posts
      Posted: July 16, 2008, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

I pay my child support, I wish I did not need to, but I do and so I pay it. But the system is has eroded from something that was supposed to ensure the wellbeing and development of children through financial support of both parents, into a weapon which is used to hurt the other party in the dispute.

I agree that everyone must pay their dues, and the system is designed to give people the ability to have the courts enforce punishments for non payment, and many people choose to use the systems punishment techniques against the one who is ordered to pay, but it has become more than that. It is now used as a revenge tactic for the most part and the downside to using the system is that people want the maximum to happen to the other party that in the end they destroy the very means for which that party has to pay the debt owed.

My OPINION is based on the way I hear people talk around me about the satisfaction they get from harming the other parent and not whether their child is getting what they need.