Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Don't Pick on QP!

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 8 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
673 Posts
Posted: July 15, 2008, 4:46 am - IP Logged

There's a lot of talk about quick picks, and how it's the "no brainer" system. I saw someone even call it a waste of money. I don't know the statistics in other states, but in Florida more than half the winning tickets for Lotto, Mega Money, and Fantasy 5 have been quick picks after the games were changed to a larger matrix. I like those odds.

EAST COAST, USA
    United States
    Member #49428
    January 31, 2007
    553 Posts
    Posted: July 15, 2008, 4:54 am - IP Logged

There's a lot of talk about quick picks, and how it's the "no brainer" system. I saw someone even call it a waste of money. I don't know the statistics in other states, but in Florida more than half the winning tickets for Lotto, Mega Money, and Fantasy 5 have been quick picks after the games were changed to a larger matrix. I like those odds.

I agree...If you have an effective system use it.  But increase your odds by purchasing quick picks.  I also find that purchasing the quick picks early in the am yields better results.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: July 15, 2008, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Do some research:    65% of all winners are QP's, and about 70% of all sales are QP's, so that goes hand-in-hand.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1955 Posts
        Posted: July 15, 2008, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

I have nothing against playing quick picks. Your odds are increased with every ticket you buy. Not by much, but some nonetheless.

Gonna win.Big Smile

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: July 15, 2008, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

I also have nothing against quick picks. I have actually won more money with qp's then with my own so far, but I still like choosing my own numbers.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
            Member #14
            November 9, 2001
            31368 Posts
            Posted: July 15, 2008, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

It's nice to mix a few qp's in with my own numbers.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
              Washington *state*
              United States
              Member #62009
              June 14, 2008
              192 Posts
              Posted: July 16, 2008, 2:43 am - IP Logged

I do both, though I have been playing more qp's than my own pick. I think that maybe I'm too damn lazy to grab a slip and mark my picks lol. But in just my opinion, I would have more luck with qp's. I've become the queen of $2.00 or $3.00 wins lately with my qp lotto and MM.  I would NEVER come up with some of the wacky sets of numbers actually drawn.  Ever look at a qp and say "I?...WHAT THE?!........WHO?!! I CAN'T WIN WITH THESE KAKAMAMEE NUMBERS!!!"  I totally agree with one LP player who said "the only bad set of numbers is the one that wins me nothing at all".....or something to that effect.  My proof?  Washington Lotto numbers drawn just the other day...by the way, I bought $3.00 worth and won nothing..shucks.Disapprove

"Kakamamee" numbers drawn that I would of never thought of:

So.....don't knock your qp's till after the drawing....ya just never know...............those "kakamamee" numbers can make you a "kakamamee" millionaire!

Is kakamamee even a word? my dad used to use it when i was little..when he couldn't remember what something was and he was gettig frusterated..."hand me that kakamamee thing over there so i can fix this dang kakamamee thing so your mom will stop yelling at me about it!" now i know i'm getting old.

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

Miami
                United States
                Member #62793
                July 9, 2008
                673 Posts
                Posted: July 16, 2008, 3:39 am - IP Logged

Speaking of qp's....

I'm checking my out of state tix, and I just realized I got 3 out of 5 plus the mega ball in the July 4th Mega Millions drawing.

$150 on a qp!!

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49835 Posts
                  Posted: July 16, 2008, 7:15 am - IP Logged

I do both, though I have been playing more qp's than my own pick. I think that maybe I'm too damn lazy to grab a slip and mark my picks lol. But in just my opinion, I would have more luck with qp's. I've become the queen of $2.00 or $3.00 wins lately with my qp lotto and MM.  I would NEVER come up with some of the wacky sets of numbers actually drawn.  Ever look at a qp and say "I?...WHAT THE?!........WHO?!! I CAN'T WIN WITH THESE KAKAMAMEE NUMBERS!!!"  I totally agree with one LP player who said "the only bad set of numbers is the one that wins me nothing at all".....or something to that effect.  My proof?  Washington Lotto numbers drawn just the other day...by the way, I bought $3.00 worth and won nothing..shucks.Disapprove

"Kakamamee" numbers drawn that I would of never thought of:

So.....don't knock your qp's till after the drawing....ya just never know...............those "kakamamee" numbers can make you a "kakamamee" millionaire!

Is kakamamee even a word? my dad used to use it when i was little..when he couldn't remember what something was and he was gettig frusterated..."hand me that kakamamee thing over there so i can fix this dang kakamamee thing so your mom will stop yelling at me about it!" now i know i'm getting old.

Kamikaze: One of many Japanese pilots of World War II who used their planes as flying bombs by flying themselves and their planes into their designated target.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

DC81's avatar - batman39
                    MI
                    United States
                    Member #54830
                    August 31, 2007
                    985 Posts
                    Posted: July 16, 2008, 8:04 am - IP Logged

That's Kakameyme not Kamikaze. IIRC it's originally a Yiddish word that means crazy or something like that but became sort of popular in certain areas of the country back in the day.

Anyway, the thing with QP/EP is that they're at least in some way random, people tend to have a problem with real randomness, which is at least in part why so many people pick patterns or use numbers of significance, though those do tend to win once in awhile. So many picks are quick picks and maybe since the overwhelming percentage of them are it does give them the higher chance of hitting more often too. They're just as good as a self picked group of numbers, except for when it comes to the fact that machines don't care what numbers were previously drawn so you can't eliminate the ones which are more likely not to come up again. You could buy a ticket today that matches the winning numbers of the last drawing and it'll almost certainly have no chance of being a winner. At least with the human factor you can eliminate things such as that IF you put the time into it. Of course the average person won't and their picked numbers are just going to be guesses and they'll likely at the very least, stay away from combinations that are preceived to be more unlikely, such as consecutive numbers.

You can't predict random.

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
                      Washington *state*
                      United States
                      Member #62009
                      June 14, 2008
                      192 Posts
                      Posted: July 16, 2008, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

when you all pick qp's....how do you usually do it?  not asking for secrets, just an idea.  do you pick numbers from an old ticket?  do you use birth DATES?  let the number just come to you? numbers in a fortune cookie?  the reason i'm asking is when i pick numbers myself in a shall we say 'it just came to me" kind of way..I look back on the numbers i have just picked and it resembles like a single digit...tens..twenties..thirties...fourties...fifties   (5,14,23,38,44,51)  and I can't help but look at it and say "nah thats not right...wouldn't go that way"  The fact is I would never come up with the numbers if say they were to be something like 3,8,24,25,28,55.  I don't think I would pick 3 to be in the twenties is what i'm saying.  I guess I'm thinking too much again lol.  But i'm just saying I have a better chance of winning something if I pay for my qp..leave the store cussing because I "hate my numbers" and find out later that evening that I've won some money with those "bad" numbers.

maybe its just me the numbers aren't attracted to lol but i like my qp's.

'

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

Vergie6's avatar - Santa 20kitty.jpg
                        North Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #59855
                        March 29, 2008
                        31553 Posts
                        Posted: July 16, 2008, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Speaking of qp's....

I'm checking my out of state tix, and I just realized I got 3 out of 5 plus the mega ball in the July 4th Mega Millions drawing.

$150 on a qp!!

I haven't posted here before but was reading it and just wanted to say that I won $269 with a cash 5 ticket that was qp in NC not too long ago.....I had 4 out of 5 numbers right......was I ever shocked...seems I win more with qp's in cash 5 than if I pick them but I win more with pick 3 if I pick them....go figure.

wyoming, michigan
                          United States
                          Member #53058
                          June 22, 2007
                          637 Posts
                          Posted: July 16, 2008, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Lets think about this.  The QP is responsible for probably 80% of the jackpots and or winning tickets.  Probably because 98% of the players will ask for them.  Not hard to realize that is why so many lottery players will just say QP.  If 98% chose their own #s that is where the winners would be found.  God bless and good luck. 

Miami
                            United States
                            Member #62793
                            July 9, 2008
                            673 Posts
                            Posted: July 19, 2008, 2:39 am - IP Logged

How dio you know most people are buying qp's?

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

DC81's avatar - batman39
                              MI
                              United States
                              Member #54830
                              August 31, 2007
                              985 Posts
                              Posted: July 19, 2008, 3:09 am - IP Logged

The lottery commissions know what if you're choosing a easy/quick pick or your own numbers, I'm sure that info has been released before.

You can't predict random.