Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

This is really weird!

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Rainmaker101.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Southwest Florida
United States
Member #56183
November 6, 2007
75 Posts
Posted: July 20, 2008, 12:52 am - IP Logged

This is really weird!  I went to my favorite Florida lottery retailer and exchanged my FREE Fantasy 5 ticket from last night for a new ticket for tonight.  But, when the free ticket printed, I reluctantly went to my car thinking these numbers really stink.  So, I went back in and asked the guy if he could cancel the ticket and give me another...He said NO.  So, for the heck of it, I bought another. 

On the way home from a friends house, I bought one more, still uneasy about the freebie and came home.  Well, check it out!

Freebie...4 out of 5!  Next...3 out of 5 and the Last...2 out of 5!  Can you believe it?Party

I missed it by one lousy number! Roll EyesBang Head

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: July 20, 2008, 12:58 am - IP Logged

I have 2 comments.

First, congratulations! Banana

Second, are you nuts?Smash  You went back & complained that you didn't like the numbers you got from a Free Play?  Of course a Free Play can't be canceled.  It was FREE!

JAP69's avatar - alas
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #6
      November 4, 2001
      8790 Posts
      Posted: July 20, 2008, 12:59 am - IP Logged

Congrats on the win.

thinking these numbers really stink

Does not matter what the numbers are. Any possible combination can win.

Even the stinkers. LOL

MAGA

Myrtle Beach, SC
        United States
        Member #18457
        July 12, 2005
        3433 Posts
        Posted: July 20, 2008, 1:03 am - IP Logged

Your gut instinct was the opposite of what you thought "really stink"

Talk about close and congrats on your win!

pcnut

"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it."

David Starr Jordan

S.C.'s weekly-indicative random pairs: 05, 12, 13, 16, 18, 23, 34

Enjoy

pcnut

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2008, 1:29 am - IP Logged

This is really weird!  I went to my favorite Florida lottery retailer and exchanged my FREE Fantasy 5 ticket from last night for a new ticket for tonight.  But, when the free ticket printed, I reluctantly went to my car thinking these numbers really stink.  So, I went back in and asked the guy if he could cancel the ticket and give me another...He said NO.  So, for the heck of it, I bought another. 

On the way home from a friends house, I bought one more, still uneasy about the freebie and came home.  Well, check it out!

Freebie...4 out of 5!  Next...3 out of 5 and the Last...2 out of 5!  Can you believe it?Party

A grandmother took her grandson to the beach one day.

He was running around in his swimsuit and wearing a baseball hat.

As he waded into the water, a big wave came in and tok him out to sea.

She pleaded with God to bring him back and she'd never, ever complain about anything again, ever.

As an answered prayer, another wave brought him up to the shore and she ran and hugged him.

Then she looked up at the sky and said, "So when that first wave took him he had a hat."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
            Washington *state*
            United States
            Member #62009
            June 14, 2008
            192 Posts
            Posted: July 20, 2008, 1:46 am - IP Logged

Whats funny for me is I can tell others not to fret over "bad numbers", BUT I am still one who walks out of the store saying "%$#@*&^#$!$%&&#%$@!^*&^%#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It is true, any combo can win you money......even the ol'mighty jackpot.  #'s drawn for my Lotto a few drawings ago started out with 15,16,17,18...After the drawing, I told my husband those numbers are CRAZY and if I had paid for a ticket with those numbers on it, I would of been screaming bloody murder over "there went my dollar!"  If someone in WA had that "rotten ticket", they would of won like 9Mill!  I have had bad luck with tickets that are NOT singles lately.....getting 3 numbers in a row.  And of course.......I scream bloody murder in my car all the way home. lol  hopefully some day I'll get lucky.....even if the numbers are horrible.

Why, I have a rotten ticket in my purse I just bought tonight for Wednesdays Wa Lotto! And just as expected, there's 3 in a row..........again.

Congrats on your win though!  I haven't won much lately...just $3 yesterday off 5/$1.oo tickets..woooo hooo!

just down $2 lol!

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: July 20, 2008, 1:47 am - IP Logged

Wow, sweet! Congrats on your hits!

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: July 20, 2008, 1:55 am - IP Logged

Cool on your hits, but I gotta say: the biggest mistake a person can do is choose or skip numbers based on 'not liking them'.

I learned about 3 years ago not to discount numbers that 'I didn't like', I used to toss certain numbers, and it cost me.

The last thing a person can do is fall in love with a number or numbers, or develop hatred of certain numbers. The numbers don't know that - and you are not the only one that may love or hate certain numbers.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                  PA
                  United States
                  Member #22983
                  October 6, 2005
                  2226 Posts
                  Posted: July 20, 2008, 2:15 am - IP Logged

I also had something really weird happen. I wanted 3 cash five picks, and the clerk asked me if I wanted 5, because they had one that was printed out by mistake. The ticket even had "Buy me please!" written on it in big letters. So I thought this could be a sign. Later on that night I only matched 1 number on each line, but all 5 cash 5 numbers within them. So won nothing. I was always superstitious about buying mistakes, but I think from now on I will let them there.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                    PA
                    United States
                    Member #22983
                    October 6, 2005
                    2226 Posts
                    Posted: July 20, 2008, 2:16 am - IP Logged

Cool on your hits, but I gotta say: the biggest mistake a person can do is choose or skip numbers based on 'not liking them'.

I learned about 3 years ago not to discount numbers that 'I didn't like', I used to toss certain numbers, and it cost me.

The last thing a person can do is fall in love with a number or numbers, or develop hatred of certain numbers. The numbers don't know that - and you are not the only one that may love or hate certain numbers.

Yes, intelligence and intuition loses a lot of jackpots.

colthmn's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
                      Inglewood
                      United States
                      Member #41769
                      June 22, 2006
                      122 Posts
                      Posted: July 20, 2008, 2:23 am - IP Logged

That is weird! especially in that you were just talking about winning, and you almost went all the way!

And you got another freebie too! Hey, go out and try it again. ya never know!! To get so close has got to be

a little frustrating though.  Congrats and good luck on your next go at it!!

Southwest Florida
                        United States
                        Member #56183
                        November 6, 2007
                        75 Posts
                        Posted: July 20, 2008, 8:45 am - IP Logged

Thanks everyone!  I am usually not "picky" when it comes to QP's but when there are alot of really low #'s or a sequence, it makes me feel like it's not good numbers.  The really stupid thing is everytime I seem to get QP's that I like, nothing much happens with them!  I'm very thankful for the wins...it's inspiring...sort of!Wink  Sooner or Later!  LOL!Big Smile

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: July 20, 2008, 10:01 am - IP Logged

you don't happened to know what where the numbers (talking about the 4/5) if you don't remember you think you remember the 5th number that you miss? what 5th number you had and what actually play to give you the 4/5...

thanks a lot,

congratulations...

EAST COAST, USA
                            United States
                            Member #49428
                            January 31, 2007
                            553 Posts
                            Posted: July 20, 2008, 10:22 am - IP Logged

Congrats it was meant for you to win.  I have also gotten uneasy feelings about free tickets that turned into something positive.  I wish you the best....May you get another free ticket with all 5 Fantasy 5 numbers!

Southwest Florida
                              United States
                              Member #56183
                              November 6, 2007
                              75 Posts
                              Posted: July 20, 2008, 10:25 am - IP Logged

you don't happened to know what where the numbers (talking about the 4/5) if you don't remember you think you remember the 5th number that you miss? what 5th number you had and what actually play to give you the 4/5...

thanks a lot,

congratulations...

It was the fourth number that was missed.  Which, oddly enough, was the third number in a very low sequence, like 5, 6, 7.