Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

This is really weird!

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Rainmaker101.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Southwest Florida
United States
Member #56183
November 6, 2007
75 Posts
Posted: July 20, 2008, 10:31 am - IP Logged

Thanks Bevpicks2!  And same to everyone else!

Colthmn and I just posted yesterday about it's about time to win something and Bam! 

Colthmn, maybe we should post up more often!  Except, this time it's your turn to win something!Razz

colthmn's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
    Inglewood
    United States
    Member #41769
    June 22, 2006
    122 Posts
    Posted: July 20, 2008, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Bevpicks2!  And same to everyone else!

Colthmn and I just posted yesterday about it's about time to win something and Bam! 

Colthmn, maybe we should post up more often!  Except, this time it's your turn to win something!Razz

Yeah, I know! I was complaining just last week to myself about getting the bonus number ONLY! The number 26 kept coming up, so I bought 10 tickets, and I had 26 as the bonus 3 times, just the bonus number mind you. I almost went into depression. So, I'm not complaining anymore, just thinking positive and play! I would love a big hit about right now!!! "something's gotta give" as you say!

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7325 Posts
      Posted: July 20, 2008, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Thanks everyone!  I am usually not "picky" when it comes to QP's but when there are alot of really low #'s or a sequence, it makes me feel like it's not good numbers.  The really stupid thing is everytime I seem to get QP's that I like, nothing much happens with them!  I'm very thankful for the wins...it's inspiring...sort of!Wink  Sooner or Later!  LOL!Big Smile

I've always viewed QPs like a raffle where I'm hoping the drawn numbers will match the numbers on the QPs and playing my own picks is trying to guess which numbers will be drawn. If I had a good idea of what the number distribution should be, I'd use the QP generator on this site and play the combination(s) that matched it.

In Ohio we win a buck by matching 2 numbers and can pick 5 numbers, get a QP or put the buck in our pocket. On the Florida website it says "When a ticket with 2-of-5 winning numbers is redeemed, the gaming terminal will automatically print a free Quick Pick ticket for the next available draw" so you have to cross your fingers and hope those numbers are drawn.

After playing for a few months or years we notice that not very many combinations with 4 numbers under 10 or with 4 numbers in the teens or twenties are drawn. So when we see a QP with that distribution, we think there is a lesser chance of those numbers being drawn.

Had you looked at the QP as free chance to match 2, 3, or 4 numbers and still had a chance to match all 5, it might not look so bad. Since 3 of the drawn numbers were single digits and your QP had 4, you had a better chance of matching 2 or 3 numbers than a ticket with only one single digit number that had no chance of matching 4 numbers.

Southwest Florida
        United States
        Member #56183
        November 6, 2007
        75 Posts
        Posted: July 21, 2008, 2:19 am - IP Logged

"After playing for a few months or years we notice that not very many combinations with 4 numbers under 10 or with 4 numbers in the teens or twenties are drawn. So when we see a QP with that distribution, we think there is a lesser chance of those numbers being drawn."

That is what I was talking about initially.  I have a group of 5 numbers that I occassionally play, but I like the odds of the quick pick better.  I've tried "wheels" and frequency, etc, but since Florida's drawings are not algorithm based, I tend to stay with Quick Picks.  Heck, there are several times you'll see two, three or even four winners!  Somehow the computer can manage to select the same Quick Picks from different terminals for a given drawingEek!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: July 21, 2008, 2:34 am - IP Logged

I've seen a lot more than 4 winners, Rainmaker.  One time 20 people split the jackpot and each got about $10,500.   (they weren't all QPs)  But there are also a lot of 1 winner jackpots and sometimes nobody gets all 5 numbers.  You never know.   I think the average is 2 winners per game, but I've never kept track.  If I don't win, it doesn't matter! 

LOL

Tonight the winning combination was 4-8-12-16-32.   (Multiples of 4.)  All 5 were even numbers.  Just 1 person hit.   Most people would say not to bet multiples of a number like 5-10-15-20....

I've been getting great looking QPs lately.  They're just not winning anything!  No Nod

Southwest Florida
            United States
            Member #56183
            November 6, 2007
            75 Posts
            Posted: July 21, 2008, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

"I've been getting great looking QPs lately.  They're just not winning anything!  No Nod  "

That's why I started this thread!  I keep thinking to myself alot of these QP's stink, and then, bang, 4 out of 5!  I would've never considered asking them to cancel that particluar ticket, because it was not certainly a great looking one in any of our books! 

Hang in there!  I've been hangin' for awhile myself!  It's not really the $101.50 I won, it's just how close I came to the Pot that has me excited!  I suppose they do this on purpose...to keep you hanging on a little longer!