|Posted: July 31, 2008, 1:21 am - IP Logged|
Do you make any of these Top Five Lottery Mistakes:
1. You play the same numbers every week?
2. You let the state's computer pick your numbers?
3. You buy your tickets on the day of the lottery drawing?
4. You pick your numbers by using birthdays, ages, dates and so on?
5. You buy just any scratch off ticket?
1. If the same numbers you play happen to be of a combinational type that comes up once in a hundred draws, you might want to consider also playing some combinational types that come up more often. 0/6 vs 3/3
2. What are the odds your QP numbers will look good to you? Get an RNG so you can discard the QPs you don't care for.
3. If you wait till the day of the drawing, say coming home from work or grocery shopping and the machine there is broken, what ya gonna do?
4. The old nonsense about being more likely to share the prize. If you don't like your prize, I'll take it. Thank you very much.
5. Some scratch tickets have a lot more mid range prizes than others. If you are looking to win gas money look at the odds to see which games have the most prizes in that range and have recently come out so there are some good prizes left.
A book the marketing gurus sell tell a story about a guy losing his shirt trying to sell a system for improving writing skills until he hit upon the idea of an ad asking "Do you make these common writing mistakes?" The rest is supposedly history.