Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Mega Millions Lottery Host...

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 8 years ago by ELUCKYDREAM*.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
DC81's avatar - batman39
MI
United States
Member #54830
August 31, 2007
985 Posts
Posted: August 1, 2008, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

Is it just me or does that guy come off as a complete and utter tool? It seems like almost regardless of what the jackpot is, he says the amount in such a way were he acts as if it's some crazy unheard of and rare amount that is almost never reached like it's an astonishing amount for the game to reach. Just for example, tonight at "only" 25 million he delivered it that way and at the end when stating what it will roll to if no one wins he said it that way again. Bang Head I like that woman who did it a couple times not too long ago A LOT more.

Oh and if not one matches tonight, it'll be 34M for Tuesday.

You can't predict random.

Washington,Michigan
    United States
    Member #11416
    February 13, 2005
    598 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2008, 12:00 am - IP Logged

yea. This is want I want. I want someone to hit Mega Millions jackpot and give money to fix the roads. There alot of dirt roads in Detroit areas. It bad for cars. Sterling Heights roads are bad too. Let just get them fixed.

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #33719
      February 24, 2006
      705 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2008, 3:13 am - IP Logged

Is it just me or does that guy come off as a complete and utter tool? It seems like almost regardless of what the jackpot is, he says the amount in such a way were he acts as if it's some crazy unheard of and rare amount that is almost never reached like it's an astonishing amount for the game to reach. Just for example, tonight at "only" 25 million he delivered it that way and at the end when stating what it will roll to if no one wins he said it that way again. Bang Head I like that woman who did it a couple times not too long ago A LOT more.

I Agree!

The Mega Millions Lottery Host is a MEGA_DUD!!

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1953 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2008, 9:12 am - IP Logged

Why do you care how he talks?

Gonna win.Big Smile

DC81's avatar - batman39
          MI
          United States
          Member #54830
          August 31, 2007
          985 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2008, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Because, if I watch it I have to listen to him, can't just mute the volume because it would defeat my main purpose of watching it, knowing what the next jackpot will be if no one wins.

DC81's avatar - batman39
            MI
            United States
            Member #54830
            August 31, 2007
            985 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2008, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

yea. This is want I want. I want someone to hit Mega Millions jackpot and give money to fix the roads. There alot of dirt roads in Detroit areas. It bad for cars. Sterling Heights roads are bad too. Let just get them fixed.

I dunno what this has to do with this topic, aside from my mentioning the jackpot but anyway. You'd need a lot of money, Michigan roads almost everywhere arecrap. But it is after all, road construction season and if they actually worked on the roads to where they could withstand lasting more than a year or two then there would be a lot of people out of work.. So, gotta do it poorly/cheaply so they keep on working.

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8361 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2008, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

He does it that way because that is the way they {the people who hired him} want him to say it.

The mere fact that any jackpot no matter how high is a big deal to the lottery and calls for the announcer to present the amount with enthusiasm.  

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8361 Posts
                Posted: August 2, 2008, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

If you want the roads fixed then call your senators and ask them why all the physically capable aholes in prison aren't trained to do road work get them off their lazy buts and fix the roads. In fact i think every state should have the jailbirds do manual labor of this type. 

Every state gets federal dollars for road repair.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                  Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #48725
                  January 7, 2007
                  1953 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2008, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

Because, if I watch it I have to listen to him, can't just mute the volume because it would defeat my main purpose of watching it, knowing what the next jackpot will be if no one wins.

The 1 minute out of the 24 hours of the day, and you let something like how someone talks up set you? Like four4me said, that person is hired to use an enthusiastic tone of voice. Also, I don't know why YOU are using the word "only" and get upset that someone was being enthusiastic about $25,000,000. I love how some people use the word "low" when discussing a large amount of money. Yes, even $25,000,000 dollars. It's as if that amount is easy to come buy, or easy to make, or just plain low. No, sir, it's not. Unless you're a billionaire, I don't want to hear about $25,000,000 being low.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23262 Posts
                    Posted: August 2, 2008, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

You're talking about John Crow, right?

He does seem like he's drinking a lot of coffee before the show. 

I kinda laughed when he added "drumroll, please" before the 5th white ball.

Anyone know what happened to Glen Burns?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

DC81's avatar - batman39
                      MI
                      United States
                      Member #54830
                      August 31, 2007
                      985 Posts
                      Posted: August 2, 2008, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

He does it that way because that is the way they {the people who hired him} want him to say it.

The mere fact that any jackpot no matter how high is a big deal to the lottery and calls for the announcer to present the amount with enthusiasm.  

Hence when I used the word, tool....

DC81's avatar - batman39
                        MI
                        United States
                        Member #54830
                        August 31, 2007
                        985 Posts
                        Posted: August 2, 2008, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

The 1 minute out of the 24 hours of the day, and you let something like how someone talks up set you? Like four4me said, that person is hired to use an enthusiastic tone of voice. Also, I don't know why YOU are using the word "only" and get upset that someone was being enthusiastic about $25,000,000. I love how some people use the word "low" when discussing a large amount of money. Yes, even $25,000,000 dollars. It's as if that amount is easy to come buy, or easy to make, or just plain low. No, sir, it's not. Unless you're a billionaire, I don't want to hear about $25,000,000 being low.

Who said I was upset? I just said it was annoying, as ingenuine things such as how he delivers it are.. You seem to be the one who's upset for about my calling that jackpot "low", because IT IS FOR THE MEGA MILLIONS LOTTERY! Notice the quotation marks I put around the word only. Roll Eyes

Indiana
                          United States
                          Member #48725
                          January 7, 2007
                          1953 Posts
                          Posted: August 2, 2008, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Who said I was upset? I just said it was annoying, as ingenuine things such as how he delivers it are.. You seem to be the one who's upset for about my calling that jackpot "low", because IT IS FOR THE MEGA MILLIONS LOTTERY! Notice the quotation marks I put around the word only. Roll Eyes

You're right. $25,000,000 is not a lot of money.Crazy

Gonna win.Big Smile

DC81's avatar - batman39
                            MI
                            United States
                            Member #54830
                            August 31, 2007
                            985 Posts
                            Posted: August 2, 2008, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

*Yawn* No where did I say it wasn't a lot of money. I said it wasn't a lot of money for the Mega Millions lottery, which it isn't since it regularly goes over that amount.

konane's avatar - wallace
                              Atlanta, GA
                              United States
                              Member #1265
                              March 13, 2003
                              3333 Posts
                              Posted: August 2, 2008, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

You're talking about John Crow, right?

He does seem like he's drinking a lot of coffee before the show. 

I kinda laughed when he added "drumroll, please" before the 5th white ball.

Anyone know what happened to Glen Burns?

Glen Burns is still around doing weather but since he's been with Channel 2 so many years he may be contemplating retirement.  Just a guess.

Good luck to everyone!