Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Mega Millions Lottery Host...

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 8 years ago by ELUCKYDREAM*.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
DC81's avatar - batman39
MI
United States
Member #54830
August 31, 2007
985 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2008, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

You're talking about John Crow, right?

He does seem like he's drinking a lot of coffee before the show. 

I kinda laughed when he added "drumroll, please" before the 5th white ball.

Anyone know what happened to Glen Burns?

Yeah, I think it's one thing to be enthusiastic but delivering the amount, how he did even for the base jackpot is just silly and he delivers it the same way almost every time and at least to me seems completely fake. I doubt he's doing it that way because someone's telling him to, if that were the case then the other hosts would do the same thing. I watched a few videos of when Glen Burns was doing it and he was a lot better and didn't have any, thinking about now, can't even call it enthusiasm, more like false astonishment when it was low. Glen Burns delivered it much better and didn't do that, every... Single..... Drawing... At least from the ones I looked at. John Crow almost delivers it the same way whether it's 12M, 120 million or 270 million.

Just an example from last month on the 25th when it went back down to 12M.

http://video.valottery.com/072508bgfrt1.wmv

Courtney Kasen or whatever her name is from last month, a bit hard to understand when she says her name but still no fake astonishment in her delivery or whatever you want to call it.

http://video.valottery.com/071108bgfrt1.wmv

Glen Burns from last year when it was at its 12M base.

http://video.valottery.com/071007bgtut1.wmv

You can't predict random.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1953 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2008, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

You got to be kidding me. Dude, there's nothing wrong with the way he talks. He's a game show host. He's supposed to enthusiastic. Hey, I got an idea. Why don't you write to Mega Millions complaining about how the guy talks. Maybe he'll get fired. That's right, take away his livelihood. The way this guy talks is such a serious matter!

Gonna win.Big Smile

DC81's avatar - batman39
      MI
      United States
      Member #54830
      August 31, 2007
      985 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2008, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Delivery of a jackpot amount =/= how someone talks.

His livelihood as you put it, is the result of a talent search, finding how he mentions a jackpot annoying doesn't equal wishing he lost his job, now calm down and go back to working on that lottery system that you felt was on the verge of hitting a jackpot almost a year ago.Roll Eyes

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1953 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2008, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Delivery of a jackpot amount =/= how someone talks.

His livelihood as you put it, is the result of a talent search, finding how he mentions a jackpot annoying doesn't equal wishing he lost his job, now calm down and go back to working on that lottery system that you felt was on the verge of hitting a jackpot almost a year ago.Roll Eyes

It's a system in the making. I only have to win a jackpot once. Any more than that is just a bonus.

Gonna win.Big Smile

DC81's avatar - batman39
          MI
          United States
          Member #54830
          August 31, 2007
          985 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2008, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

And if you win, I'll be the first on here to congratulate you if you reveal it here... Well probably not first but I'll congratulate you all the same.

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
            Washington *state*
            United States
            Member #62009
            June 14, 2008
            192 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2008, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Bueller?..............Bueller?.....................Bueller?..............................

lol I don't have live feed here. If I want to see the recording, I go to the mega millions website and view.  I wouldn't  don't mind his voice.  He's just trying to pump up the players! Hell!........Give me the money..PLEASE!! 

When he's excided...I'm excided.  If I had live feed here, I'd be standing on my hand me down couch with the shredded  kitty claw marks down the sides saying "Come on baby!  Show mama what she wants to see..show me the MONEY!!!!!!!!!"  Only of course...............not to win a penny.......as usual. lol

Whats up with the 125M winner from N.J? We have another anonymous ya think?  I agree its smart..but I live vicariously through the winners stories......and I'm getting let down here lol.

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
              Member #13130
              March 30, 2005
              2171 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2008, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

If the announcer called my numbers, I wouldn't care if he sounded like Ben Stein. Jester

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                Member #14
                November 9, 2001
                31344 Posts
                Posted: August 2, 2008, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

I like him.  Love the way he says "play on Georgia."  Fresh face and very peppy.

love to nibble those micey feet.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #2338
                  September 17, 2003
                  2063 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2008, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

yea. This is want I want. I want someone to hit Mega Millions jackpot and give money to fix the roads. There alot of dirt roads in Detroit areas. It bad for cars. Sterling Heights roads are bad too. Let just get them fixed.

Why would anyone do that? Detroit has proven that it can't even remove a very corrupt mayor and has the most hostile attitude towards small business that would actually employ people. Not to mention the out of control crime in Detroit proper. Until the people of Detroit learn to associate their poor choices in government with the resulting lack of employment and opportunities they deserve dirt roads.

STONE MOUNTAIN GA
                    United States
                    Member #60220
                    April 9, 2008
                    474 Posts
                    Posted: August 3, 2008, 12:03 am - IP Logged

You're talking about John Crow, right?

He does seem like he's drinking a lot of coffee before the show. 

I kinda laughed when he added "drumroll, please" before the 5th white ball.

Anyone know what happened to Glen Burns?

Glen Burns works for Channel 2 and GA Lottery wanted a host that could  travel and do Promos.  Glen Burns

said no because his employer is Channel 2.  I wish they could have kept Glen Burns as a host because John

Crow is not a good host.  He does not know his numbers and he messes up a lot.