Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

INTRODUCE YOURself / Q 'bout stand-alone software.

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 8 years ago by CurtisC.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Northern Ohio
United States
Member #63551
August 1, 2008
203 Posts
Posted: August 3, 2008, 3:48 am - IP Logged

Over the last few months I’ve run half-a-dozen lottery software trial versions — came to a place where private syntax includes referring to the respectable genre designer/engineer as: Quantum Mechanic.

If God really believed in numerology, the world would have come to an end by now — certainly been predicted, often enuff. Superstition has always been handy to conjurers, snake oil salesmen, and shamans. But everyone knows intuitively, there’s more to it than just that.

“History repeats…” — but never comes back around the exactly the same way… graphically, the cycle continuum is like a spiral: therein is the difference that serious players seek: “What's the difference — in numbers format.”

One program designer (Lotto-007) includes Prime Number frequencies in the calcs – no tellin’  how he’s bouncing ‘em around inside the black box – but if he’s tracking repeats up against dates, draw numbers, odds/evens, and whole numbers, etc., it would be interesting to have that info…. There are infinite angles from which to measure coincidence/relationship data. If weighted accurately, will the info give an edge on the Big Guess? It’s everyone’s guess, on that one.

Without doubt, some methods and means reveal cosmetically enhanced quackery; but after researching LP stat/data number-cruncher comments and other published work — checking out sincere craft and skill — and taking a page from Schrödinger, I’m bettin’ odds can be narrowed, perhaps beat.   The only good faith left to the skeptic is: informed decisions.

I was reading an LP post yesterday; the guy was writing about code breaking and said (paraphrase), “Even if and when one of us cracks the/code, they’ll change the matrix, rendering the formula obsolete."

May I ask: What is “the Matrix”… and who are “they?” Perhaps dumb questions to old hands… I’ve been simply wondering what he was talking about.

Curtis,

Like I said above, if you crack the probability code, you probably cracked the substrate of reality itself. Near-omnescience is required. All humanity as a sum strives to that: if one would strive to the attainment of such monetary wealth, we all strive for the attainment of the knowledge equivalent.

Do I think it will ever happen? No. But looking at probability physics and quantum theory, it appears on the fringe of possibility. It just doesn't look like it is nearly possible. Does that make sense?

United States
    Member #63537
    August 1, 2008
    39 Posts
    Posted: August 3, 2008, 4:06 am - IP Logged

"Nearly possible" is the correct term. From my limited POV, it's about getting as much info as possible, then play the percentages - get close, leave the rest to JOSS. Goin' for the big win? I dunno: I've suspended disbelief, but it's all hangin' up there on sky-hooks. I'm new, not a big player, just looking for an edge on two 3$/week draws. Went for months without hitting ONE number... Now I'm curious - want to see if the dismal record can be improved upon. Yes, it makes sense - good sense and good reason (informed decisions): two sides of the same coin. 

Northern Ohio
      United States
      Member #63551
      August 1, 2008
      203 Posts
      Posted: August 3, 2008, 4:12 am - IP Logged

"Nearly possible" is the correct term. From my limited POV, it's about getting as much info as possible, then play the percentages - get close, leave the rest to JOSS. Goin' for the big win? I dunno: I've suspended disbelief, but it's all hangin' up there on sky-hooks. I'm new, not a big player, just looking for an edge on two 3$/week draws. Went for months without hitting ONE number... Now I'm curious - want to see if the dismal record can be improved upon. Yes, it makes sense - good sense and good reason (informed decisions): two sides of the same coin. 

Curtis, we agree in totality. I belive that what we call "luck" is something we can hack into mathematically. It's a fools' errand, but let's be fools!

That's why we're all on this forum.

We're fools, but we're smart fools: some treasure chest somewhere is waiting to be unlocked.

United States
        Member #63537
        August 1, 2008
        39 Posts
        Posted: August 3, 2008, 4:49 am - IP Logged

In MegaMillions, there are definite patterns that repeat themselves with
        different numbers each time which gives the appearance of a random
        draw - in my opinion.  This involves how/why numbers advance from
        one occurrance matrix to the next.  It really has nothing to do with the
        statistics that are so prevalent in lottery analysis software.  Consequently,
        the term "non-statistical drawing based pattern analyzer" is something I
        use in my analysis of patterns.  If you can develop a really good pattern
        analyzer, you may be on your way to predicting the outcome of a lottery. 

Of course, the big debate is weather or not the machine is generating
        numbers or weather the numbers are known before the lottery draw
        occurrs.  If the numbers (some are all) are known, then a computer
        program possibly could be generating the outcome and this could
        probably be identified--which is the basis of my research.  Some
        members would consider this a fixed draw as can be viewed by this
        great looking posting at http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/167260.

Good Luck!
        LottoL

Okay. Thx. Just curious.

Still not sure what a matrix is, but the how and why: once determined, you've gotta assign numerical values and weights for analysis, which essentially become statistical datum converted into math operators, right?

Assigning how/why: may I ask what criteria you use for that...? Not asking for a trade secret. I haven't considered how/why, before - interesting.

I'll check out the link. Thx.

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #33719
          February 24, 2006
          705 Posts
          Posted: August 3, 2008, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Okay. Thx. Just curious.

Still not sure what a matrix is,

Just a simple number matrix for occurrances - I'll give you the example for megamillions.
          For every occurrance, there is a set of 56 numbers that can get selected.  It goes from
          0 (prior to the start of a lottery draw) to infinity (depending on how long a lottery lasts)
          BY the amount of numbers in the draw - in this case 56.
          Pretty simple concept.

but the how and why: once determined, you've gotta assign numerical values and weights for analysis, which essentially become statistical datum converted into math operators, right?

Exactly right.

Assigning how/why: may I ask what criteria you use for that...? Not asking for a trade secret. I haven't considered how/why, before - interesting.

This is up to your creativity and this is the hardest part.  Since I haven't won a lottery, I couldn't
          tell you what is relevant or not.  I like what George Patton once said - "Never tell people how to
          do things.  Tell them what to do, and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
          I'll give you a start - Numbers AS DRAWN should be a key part of your analysis! 
          I've posted a few other things in prior posts that are significant to me; however, they might not
          mean much to you.  Your creativity is the best part here.

Best Of Luck!
          LottoL

United States
            Member #63537
            August 1, 2008
            39 Posts
            Posted: August 3, 2008, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

LottoL:

Thx for the matrix snapshot. And thx for the link to LOTTERYjades/167260 thread… That one goes in the Faves folder.

Assigning how/why: may I ask what criteria you use for that...? Not asking for a trade secret. I haven't considered how/why, before - interesting.

This is up to your creativity and this is the hardest part.  Since I haven't won a lottery, I couldn't tell you what is relevant or not.  I like what George Patton once said - "Never tell people how to do things.  Tell them what to do, and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." I'll give you a start - Numbers AS DRAWN should be a key part of your analysis!  I've posted a few other things in prior posts that are significant to me; however, they might not mean much to you.  Your creativity is the best part here.

Creativity would be design parameters, correct — the data/statistic-sets you arbitrarily select to analyze — all subject to and contingent upon what the muse is rattlin’ the ear, the constants and variables under the glass, so to speak?

I picked up Excel w/ MS 2007 last summer…. Do you know of any template available that can take creative information (numbers) and apply lottery math? Most stand-alone lottery software programs I’ve sampled are restricted to the designer’s ideas of what is relevant, and what’s not; and ya can’t be sure exactly how they’re getting to the results. One program appears to be nothing more than an arcade pinball machine window designed to look like it is computing data – a contraption.

It would be nice to find a data entry template with all formulas ready to go. For example, if I wanted to analyze the birthrates and mortality of humming birds with the draw history of Powerball, Excel would take entries and kick-back averaging — or any other comparison I am looking for.

I’ll run a search on your posts… Right now it’s all interesting. Brain right-side - what's left of it - is where I live.

Thx.

United States
              Member #63537
              August 1, 2008
              39 Posts
              Posted: August 3, 2008, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

Welcome 2 D Lottery Post>>>>>>>>>>>CC:

You will not find ANY software that will HELP U ......BREAK-EVEN R jackpot!!

You will need 2 talk 2 someone at MIT if U R L@@KING for a computer  sw

that will or maby win-BACK more MONEY than U spend on play'n LOTTERY!!

TRANSLATION:

When YOU get U R MIT version sw.........YOU will need a suitcase full of $50

BILL's 2 TEST >>>>>>>>TE$T>>>>>>>>TE$T >>>>>TE$T & RE-TE$$$$T!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TE$T>>>>>>>>U R wonderful new GOLD goose!

"NOTE">>>>>>>>>>>>>

Todd of the Lottery Post ............could>would>should>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

develop a software for LOTTO & LOTTERY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO

Thank you for the Welcome, and candor.

I invest $6/week... three PB plays each draw.

Kurt Vonnegut is dead. LONG LIVE KURT VONNEGUT!

Everytime I find theSELF slogging thru cynicism, I read Kurt.

Everytime I find theSELF feeling sorry for itSELF, I go do something for someone less fortunate.

Expectations? Yeah well, it's all bigger than I. "It's not about the destination, but the journey."

aut vincere aut mori... not recommended for good balance, harmony

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #33719
                February 24, 2006
                705 Posts
                Posted: August 3, 2008, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Creativity would be design parameters, correct — the data/statistic-sets you arbitrarily select to analyze — all subject to and contingent upon what the muse is rattlin’ the ear, the constants and variables under the glass, so to speak?

Correct.  A lot of interesting ideas have been posted here on the Lottery Post Website.

I picked up Excel w/ MS 2007 last summer…. Do you know of any template available that can take creative information (numbers) and apply lottery math? Most stand-alone lottery software programs I’ve sampled are restricted to the designer’s ideas of what is relevant, and what’s not; and ya can’t be sure exactly how they’re getting to the results. One program appears to be nothing more than an arcade pinball machine window designed to look like it is computing data – a contraption.

No templates available that I am aware of.  That's one reason why I created my
                own system.  I use it in combination with other people's system's to try and
                come up with some type of prediction model.  IMHO, I think the people at Expert
                Lotto have one of the best number crunching systems and I think it could be
                enhanced significantly by a system that analyzes matrix patterns.

Best Of Luck!
                LottoL

United States
                  Member #63537
                  August 1, 2008
                  39 Posts
                  Posted: August 3, 2008, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Thanks again, LottoL:

Winter's comin' - gotta get the wood in - clear out a number of chores before I can really bear down this... I certainly have a lot to learn, Excel and all. Sprang for Expert; don't know enough to make an educated comment at this time, but gotta say: side-by-side with stand-alones I've looked at so far, Expert fits like an old friend; the Help/Tutorial sections are authored well - spot-on design logic, intuitive.

You're absolutely correct RE: ideas and input on LP... I took a walk today turning over more stones - found good info - thinking about upgrading the membership to take full advantge of perks. It will take a year before it all begins to click.

I'm a bit lazy. I suppose it is best to go thru the curve and learn Excel so I can structure it the way I want. After reading posts today - members sharing templates and info - whew: first ya gotta learn basic functions, then take-on the formulae and math. I mantra myself: "Curtis, numbers are your friends - numbers are your friends."

Much gratitude at ya, LottoL.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19903 Posts
                    Posted: August 4, 2008, 9:44 am - IP Logged

"One program appears to be nothing more than an arcade pinball machine window designed to look like it is computing data – a contraption."

That reminds me of some of the older Star Trek shows when Captain Kirk would engage the ship's computer and you would see scene of a panel with lights going off and on.   

Some lottery programs still do something similar to give the impression that they are crunching numbers to come up with their results when actually they're just using a random number generator.  You can test them by entering the same data twice and seeing if after all the number crunching, the results are the same.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #63537
                      August 1, 2008
                      39 Posts
                      Posted: August 4, 2008, 10:37 am - IP Logged

"One program appears to be nothing more than an arcade pinball machine window designed to look like it is computing data – a contraption."

That reminds me of some of the older Star Trek shows when Captain Kirk would engage the ship's computer and you would see scene of a panel with lights going off and on.   

Some lottery programs still do something similar to give the impression that they are crunching numbers to come up with their results when actually they're just using a random number generator.  You can test them by entering the same data twice and seeing if after all the number crunching, the results are the same.

Ah HA!

Got it! Thx, RJOh

I've been trying to lean more on Excel... seems to be the only tool out there, designable.

Right now, the COUNT and FREQUENCY functions are giving me fits. I'm attempting to take an array of dates and numbers and get results with frequency of numbers to dates - count the freq of numbers. Can't seem to get the onboard formulae to work - durned Help is limited. I'll have to take hat-in-hand and tack a thread on the Math Forum.

I have found some software advertised to accept/import personal data, and apply program operations from there. But right now, the time/energy/data-entry investment in Excel has led me out in the desert to the point of no return - can't turn back, now.

I do not criticize sincere designer/engineer people who at all levels, struggle to market their version of best ideas... But yes, at times trial/error/cause/effect experience points to mediocrity, and at times, flat-out specious intention(s). But that's life - no reason why the lottery software universe should be exempt from risk, ain't the way it works in real life. In my humble opinion, for the Newbee, LP is the first, only place to start.

Thx again. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19903 Posts
                        Posted: August 4, 2008, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Years ago when when the Commode64 and TI99 were popular home computers and little software existed, I learn Basic because it was part of the operating system and necessary to get the computer to do some of the things I wanted it to do.  Later when when IBM came out with a computer, they and their competitors also included Basic as part of their operation system for the same reason. I learn Tandy Basic when I bought a Tandy 1000 which was almost like GWBasic on other DOS computers and wrote my own lottery program.  As I have changed computers over the years, I have bought along my GWBasic and my lottery program and they work fine in the Command window of the newer Windows operating systems and I'm still writing and adding routines to my old lottery program.

Perhaps you might think of learning a programming language and writing your own software that does what you want it to.  Some of the newer versions of the computer languages are even better today and will accommodate larger programs. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                          Member #63537
                          August 1, 2008
                          39 Posts
                          Posted: August 4, 2008, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

I can remember grade school - back in the early 50's: the fogged-over sweat when math tests were handed out.... And I remember the embarrassment when we got our test scores. Essentially, I never finished the eighth grade - began working in my grand-dad's machine shop at six oiling machines, sweeping floors - nickel/hr. By the time high school came around, all the other kids were prepping for college - I was either down at the shop working for beer money, or hanging at the pool hall. I ended up in construction; they used to tell I did the work of two men - and I did. 

When is comes to learning, first ya gotta learn to teach yourself how to learn; by the time I figured it out, we had four kids. They've got all kinda names for learning disabilities now-a-days.... The only way that ever worked for me is rote, rote, rote. It takes me 10x to the 4th to get it installed - the way it's always been and always will be. Words came easy for some reason - numbers and how they fit together never have, never will. So I look for ways (tools) that have all that already working.

TI-99. That was a long time ago - the first computer we brought into the house... By the time we could afford one, all the other families were buying Macs, but the kids hooked onto it and you're right, they picked up a lot that they continue to use today, it was one of the smartest moves we made.... the daughter slammed National Merit Scholar, for example. I still rely on the kids for things like how to use the TV remote.

But I'm on it, now - browsing the web for resources. I should have done that, first...