Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 10:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Win Your Lottery by Lotto-Logix Is Now Available

Topic closed. 290 replies. Last post 5 years ago by BobP.

Page 16 of 20
PrintE-mailLink

I read Win Your Lottery and thought . . .

Best Lottery Book Ever [ 126 ]  [26.03%]
Good Read [ 89 ]  [18.39%]
Liked It [ 32 ]  [6.61%]
Learned Some [ 46 ]  [9.50%]
Knew Most of It Already [ 19 ]  [3.93%]
Great Stuff [ 40 ]  [8.26%]
I've Read Better [ 7 ]  [1.45%]
You Call That Writing [ 2 ]  [0.41%]
What Book [ 96 ]  [19.83%]
OMG Keep This Stuff Secret [ 27 ]  [5.58%]
Total Valid Votes [ 484 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 90 ]  
LottoVantage's avatar - BRITIS 3.GIF
Southeastern Ohio
United States
Member #13850
April 16, 2005
783 Posts
Posted: February 19, 2011, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Hi there,

Would this book provide insightful information regarding a Pick 5 not found anywhere else?

Thank you.

Hello BobP,

I am also interested in anything new and helpful regarding Pick 5 systems!

Thank you.

Richmond Hill
    Canada
    Member #106445
    February 19, 2011
    1 Posts
    Posted: February 19, 2011, 10:50 am - IP Logged

Hi BobP,

voted #407

looking forward to seeing your book. You have a terrific reputation.

thanks

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #99032
      October 18, 2010
      1439 Posts
      Posted: February 19, 2011, 11:31 am - IP Logged

The book's good, although parts of it like the 2 if 3 wheel are a little misleading.  The odds of winning any given draw with that system are actually 1 in 20(ish) not 1 in 8.  However, the book is filled with useful info and tricks.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
        Denver, Co
        United States
        Member #103046
        December 29, 2010
        546 Posts
        Posted: February 19, 2011, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Bob, I'd also like to get my hands on the book and post a critique of it. Even if it is for sale.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3114 Posts
          Posted: February 20, 2011, 12:10 am - IP Logged

The book's good, although parts of it like the 2 if 3 wheel are a little misleading.  The odds of winning any given draw with that system are actually 1 in 20(ish) not 1 in 8.  However, the book is filled with useful info and tricks.

The odds given for the 2 if 3 wheel aka 2in8 system aren't intended to mislead.  The intent is to provide accurate odds for a conditional event.

In the Pick-3 game there are 220 boxed numbers if we count the triples and 210 if we don't.  So the odds of winning Pick-3 box are always 1 in 220 or 1 in 210 regardless of anything we do besides buying more tickets, no escaping this fact.  However, there are also odds for everything that can happen in this game.

The 2in8 system only makes numbers with all different digits, you can only win using the 2in8 system when all different digits are drawn. 

There are 120 numbers with all different digits.

The 2in8 system creates 8 unique numbers.  If we divide 120 by 8 the odds of the system winning when all different digits are drawn is 1 in 15.  If we divide 220 by 8 we get 25.  By accepting the condition of only winning when all different digits are drawn our odds drop from 1 in 25 to 1 in 15, which is exactly how often the ration of all different to doubles and triples drawn happens to be.

Anyway, when we play this particular system something else happens with the odds because we are playing ALL the digits with a 2in3 guarantee.

When all different digits are drawn we have a 100% guarantee one of the numbers will have two of the winning digits.   Think about this:  Two of the three winning digits are together on one of the 8 numbers and the third winning digit must randomly fall into one of those 8 numbers. 

Does this not make the conditional odds of winning 1 in 8 when all different digits are drawn and a (10,3,2,3)=8 wheel is played? 

In my opinion it does. 

This doesn't change the overall 1 in 220 odds and we are only playing 8 numbers out of 220, but we have improved our chances of winning conditionally when conditions are met simply because there is no where else for the missing digit to go except for one of the 8 numbers. 

We can quibble and say there are 21 non winning positions for the third digit to go and also discuss the digits randomly appearing more than once among the 8 and sometimes the winning pair also appearing more than once, all these events have their own odds affecting the outcome. 

BobP  Coffee

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #99032
            October 18, 2010
            1439 Posts
            Posted: February 20, 2011, 12:43 am - IP Logged

"Does this not make the conditional odds of winning 1 in 8 when all different digits are drawn and a (10,3,2,3)=8 wheel is played?"

No, it doesn't.  I think of it like this The first ball is drawn, and you are guaranteed to have it.  The second ball is drawn, and right there - you could potentially not have it match with the first ball.  If you had the 2 if 3 guarantee within the first 2 balls - then the odds would be 1 in 10.  If you absolutely new for a fact singles would be drawn, I suppose you could count your odds as 1 in 8 and remove the doubles from play, but in reality - that is never the case.

"In the Pick-3 game there are 220 boxed numbers if we count the triples and 210 if we don't.  So the odds of winning Pick-3 box are always 1 in 220 or 1 in 210 regardless of anything we do besides buying more tickets, no escaping this fact.  However, there are also odds for everything that can happen in this game."

The odds of winning Pick 3 in never 1 in 220.  Even if there are 220 unique combinations - they don't all have equal odds of apparing.  If, in the game, there were just 120 combinations, all single-boxed numbers, then with this wheel the odds would be 1 in 15.  This isn't the case.  There are 120 singles box, 90 doubles box and 10 triples straight.

I'm not trying to say it has no application.  I actually like just adding a couple numbers to the wheel to make it a little more likely to hit - but that's how I've altered it myelf to better fit my playstyle.

Denver, Co
              United States
              Member #103046
              December 29, 2010
              546 Posts
              Posted: February 20, 2011, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the book Bob, I'll give a critique soon and let you know what I think of it. I am also trying to implement some of your systems.

I hope everyone who has gotten the book for free remembers to return the favor and give back by making a donation to Bob.  Banana

Denver, Co
                United States
                Member #103046
                December 29, 2010
                546 Posts
                Posted: February 22, 2011, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

I've been enjoying your book Bob. I'm still a novice to learning how to win and am still trying to absorb new strategies and ways to understand the games, and I appreciate what your book has to offer. I'm going to reread it a couple of times more and slowly start to implement your ideas on reducing the numbers field. 

I've also been trying to find ways to play the big games of MM and PB and I just started working on your idea of wheeling combinations of pairs and triplets. 

Thanks for making this available, it's getting put to good use.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                  NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3818 Posts
                  Posted: February 23, 2011, 6:19 am - IP Logged

BobP,

Thanks for the copy of Win Your Lottery.  I've finished reading it and found it to be useful and informative.

In particular, the section on wheeling was of interest to me because I've been thinking of trying out a wheel. What had been holding me back from doing it was the fact that I didnt know much about the subject.  I did read about it here on LP, but only very quickly.  Your book was the first time I sat down and really took a long hard look at anything anyone had written about the subject.

I'll be very frank with you. Another reason I was reluctant to start wheeling numbers is because someone I know and respect, whom I believe to be a very smart and seasoned lottery player, told me that he had "given up on wheeling a very long time ago".  But then, I dont necessarily believe someone else's experience with wheeling will be my experience.  So I'm willing to try it and see for myself what results I get.

Thanks again.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    3114 Posts
                    Posted: February 25, 2011, 4:27 am - IP Logged

BobP,

Thanks for the copy of Win Your Lottery.  I've finished reading it and found it to be useful and informative.

In particular, the section on wheeling was of interest to me because I've been thinking of trying out a wheel. What had been holding me back from doing it was the fact that I didnt know much about the subject.  I did read about it here on LP, but only very quickly.  Your book was the first time I sat down and really took a long hard look at anything anyone had written about the subject.

I'll be very frank with you. Another reason I was reluctant to start wheeling numbers is because someone I know and respect, whom I believe to be a very smart and seasoned lottery player, told me that he had "given up on wheeling a very long time ago".  But then, I dont necessarily believe someone else's experience with wheeling will be my experience.  So I'm willing to try it and see for myself what results I get.

Thanks again.

I'm not a salesman for wheels.  They are simply one of the tools in the lottery player's tool box.  Develop a strategy to win and you will know whether a closed cover wheel, an open cover wheel or lines are the way to go.   The best thing I can say about wheels is they do exactly what they say they will and sometimes win above the guarantee depending on how they are structured.  In my opinion a smart and seasoned lottery player knows when to fish with a hook and when to use a net.

BobP

Dump Water Florida
                      United States
                      Member #380
                      June 5, 2002
                      3114 Posts
                      Posted: March 24, 2011, 2:18 am - IP Logged

The Win Your Lottery ebook by Lotto-Logix (BobP) currently stands at 410 votes in the poll.  My goal is to bring the vote to 420.   To make this happen I will provide a free copy of the book to the next 10 LP members who cast a vote and PM me they voted.  When the votes reach 420 the offer is over. 

Please give me at least 24 hours to get back to you. 

I realize it will be impossible to cast an informed vote so please rely on the opinions of other LP members who have posted and voted.  After you have had a chance to look the book over I would appreciate a short post as to what you thought of it.

Thanks, BobP  Smiley Santa

Problems, you know where to find me.  Coffee 

Description of the book is linked to from the first post in this thread:
                      http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/179425

mayhem's avatar - 142g5yd
                        Fort Worth, TX
                        United States
                        Member #106060
                        February 11, 2011
                        188 Posts
                        Posted: March 24, 2011, 2:49 am - IP Logged

The Win Your Lottery ebook by Lotto-Logix (BobP) currently stands at 410 votes in the poll.  My goal is to bring the vote to 420.   To make this happen I will provide a free copy of the book to the next 10 LP members who cast a vote and PM me they voted.  When the votes reach 420 the offer is over. 

Please give me at least 24 hours to get back to you. 

I realize it will be impossible to cast an informed vote so please rely on the opinions of other LP members who have posted and voted.  After you have had a chance to look the book over I would appreciate a short post as to what you thought of it.

Thanks, BobP  Smiley Santa

Problems, you know where to find me.  Coffee 

Description of the book is linked to from the first post in this thread:
                        http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/179425

Thank you Bobp!Free book for voting? Now those are odds I can use. Banana

I didn't even know the book existed. This is just what I need right now. Smiley

How you do anything is how you do everything.

mayhem's avatar - 142g5yd
                          Fort Worth, TX
                          United States
                          Member #106060
                          February 11, 2011
                          188 Posts
                          Posted: March 26, 2011, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

Well I read the book and I like it alot. The wheeling sections as well as the charts are spot on. I especially liked the first few chapters that discussed basic odds of the lotteries as well as the common systems and terminology people use. Very concise and logical. All in all the book gave me quite a few leads to go on, in fact, I've referenced it everyday since I got it. Cheers

How you do anything is how you do everything.

lottoburg's avatar - wiggle
                            NYC
                            United States
                            Member #54483
                            August 20, 2007
                            887 Posts
                            Posted: March 27, 2011, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Hi, BobP:

Do you have a software which is based on your book now?

Dubuque, Iowa
                              United States
                              Member #109311
                              April 10, 2011
                              4 Posts
                              Posted: April 10, 2011, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

I just attempted to send a pm. Not sure if it worked? I just voted in the poll as #418.

In your article: 'Money Management Systems' you call Mastermind-3 the best system you have ever seen. In running a search to learn more about the Mastermind-3 software (I read your own posts on it here several years ago) I came across a newer program called WildWheel-3 which seems to be an updated version and claims to be a bit better. What your opinion Mr. Perkis?

I suppose this is covered in your book, but I was curious none the less. Two days ago on discovering your Lotto-Logix site I nearly sent you an e-mail requesting your lotto dojo2 system and then in reading posts here I realized you had written an entire book! Santa It's like Christmas

Page 16 of 20