Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 11:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

EZMoney's "I won $86 million" thread: Lessons learned

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Stew12.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #58526
February 18, 2008
683 Posts
Posted: August 9, 2008, 3:48 am - IP Logged

Couple of things...

If I won a jackpot I most certainly would want to share the news with this community, and I don't think I "need help" as you say.  Isn't that the whole point of this site???

Secondly, whether EZ won or not doesn't affect me in any way so why would I be angry and bitter? Who cares? It almost sounds like some people were expecting either a check in the mail or the secret to picking winning numbers, neither of which are forthcoming regardless of who in this forum wins.

No, that's not it at all.  It's just the fact that we have this site where lottery players try to collaborate with each other and then we have this dude that's thinks he's better than all of us because he's actually hit a $100,000 win.  He starts acting like a chode (view his recent posts), and then he hits the site up with this "IN YO MF'N FACES" post.  Angry..........bitter?  Well, I don't think most of us are either, I just think we're just letting this guy have it for posting straight up lies (of epic proportions) for no reason other to garnish attention for himself.  Well, he wanted attention, and he's getting attention........most of us just don't think it should positive attention.  If you feel otherwise then that's your opinion, but alot of us here don't appreciate someone wasting our time with false grand proclimations for nothing other than his own amusement.  He deserves to be made fun of and ridiculed for posting BS on this site.  If I had done that, I would expect people would take offense to it.  Why are you giving this guy ANY kind of benifit of the doubt???  Bottom line....HE'S A DOUCHE!

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
    Miami, FLA
    United States
    Member #62793
    July 9, 2008
    678 Posts
    Posted: August 9, 2008, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

I don't feel I'm giving him any kind of benefit of the doubt. In fact, I never gave his post much thought at all. It was pretty obvious to me that chances were he was full of it, and even if he wasn't lying I wouldn't be interested in hearing from someone with his disposition. And I'm not referring to the "In Yo MF'N faces!" The fact is that with today's youth that terminology isn't as inflammatory as it used to be. That's just how they talk, like it or not.

The reason I tuned him out immediately was because of the "I'm better than you!" attitude latent in his short statement. It was instantly clear to me this guy is a jamoke, and he confirmed it by not saying another word to all the LP'ers who were waiting for details.

I can promise you that when I win you'll get a minute by minute account of everything that happens.  

So, I agree with you he's an idiot. I'm just saying he doesn't deserve all the time we're dedicating to him.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
      Member #26882
      November 23, 2005
      1404 Posts
      Posted: August 10, 2008, 12:12 am - IP Logged

No, that's not it at all.  It's just the fact that we have this site where lottery players try to collaborate with each other and then we have this dude that's thinks he's better than all of us because he's actually hit a $100,000 win.  He starts acting like a chode (view his recent posts), and then he hits the site up with this "IN YO MF'N FACES" post.  Angry..........bitter?  Well, I don't think most of us are either, I just think we're just letting this guy have it for posting straight up lies (of epic proportions) for no reason other to garnish attention for himself.  Well, he wanted attention, and he's getting attention........most of us just don't think it should positive attention.  If you feel otherwise then that's your opinion, but alot of us here don't appreciate someone wasting our time with false grand proclimations for nothing other than his own amusement.  He deserves to be made fun of and ridiculed for posting BS on this site.  If I had done that, I would expect people would take offense to it.  Why are you giving this guy ANY kind of benifit of the doubt???  Bottom line....HE'S A DOUCHE!

I agree with what you said 100 percent. And seriously if EZ were to come around where I live and talk like that and disrespect, he would be laying on the ground real fast! Its easy for him to do it on the computer, like the punk he is!

One2Adore's avatar - butterfly2
        Maryland
        United States
        Member #50566
        March 8, 2007
        88 Posts
        Posted: August 10, 2008, 12:49 am - IP Logged

I too would come here to let people know that I, a member of this forum/board, was a winner.  Like nino224, I also don't think I need help. 

I'm one of those optimistic realists that Todd mentioned above.   I didn't know if he was telling the truth or not.  When I found out that he wasn't telling the truth, I didn't phase me much.   I just thought it cool that someone from here could have been a winner.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10390 Posts
          Posted: August 10, 2008, 2:18 am - IP Logged

One2Adore

"I too would come here to let people know that I, a member of this forum/board, was a winner. "

To each their own, and we've had discussions about this, but personally I sincerely believe doing so could be the biggest regret of a person's life.

Hackers and stalkers alone are reason enough not to post a jackpot win.

If you saw or remember the Lottery Specials last year on Discovery and the Learnig Channel, one of the winners said he received 50,000 letters. He asked the post office to "not know" him and they said they couldn;t do that- and the letters were simpy addressed to;

Jackpot Winner

Town, State

and that was just based on the press confernece to announce the winner, not internet.

For all we know, maybe someone here has won a jackpot and is remaining aloof, if so, good for them.

If not, based on the number of members- and lutrkers - here, and tickets played, it shows you how tough it is.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: August 10, 2008, 2:51 am - IP Logged

I agree, Coin Toss.   Suddenly everything I've posted or blogged would be news and it probably would be reported inaccurately as well.

"PB winner said she once dated a man who clucked like a chicken."   

(Headline --  National Enquirer)

LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
              Fughedaboutit (NY)
              United States
              Member #8160
              October 26, 2004
              6777 Posts
              Posted: August 10, 2008, 4:01 am - IP Logged

I understand your viewpoint, but I think you're missing one of the most important points, and I think it's something that some people instinctively feel, and other people do not think in the these terms.

I know this because I am in the category I will describe below.

There are some people who possess the wisdom to realize that EZMoney probably did not win, but they also have seen enough strange things transpire in their lifetimes to have no apprehension about leaving open the possibility that he did win.

No, these people are not suckers.  They are patient, and feel no need to hastily pass judgment.  They do not need an answer to the riddle today or tomorrow, but they know that the truth will reveal itself when it is ready.

They are optimistic and realistic simultaneously.

These people are not upset when they find out that EZMoney was not the winner, because they were not impatiently waiting for the answer, and in fact the resolution fit their logical assumption that he was not the winner.

No, these people feel no anger or resentment toward the young man.

They do however feel slightly sad that he was not the winner.

My sentiments exactly. To the point! clapping

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

DC81's avatar - batman39
                MI
                United States
                Member #54830
                August 31, 2007
                985 Posts
                Posted: August 10, 2008, 6:58 am - IP Logged

I don't feel I'm giving him any kind of benefit of the doubt. In fact, I never gave his post much thought at all. It was pretty obvious to me that chances were he was full of it, and even if he wasn't lying I wouldn't be interested in hearing from someone with his disposition. And I'm not referring to the "In Yo MF'N faces!" The fact is that with today's youth that terminology isn't as inflammatory as it used to be. That's just how they talk, like it or not.

The reason I tuned him out immediately was because of the "I'm better than you!" attitude latent in his short statement. It was instantly clear to me this guy is a jamoke, and he confirmed it by not saying another word to all the LP'ers who were waiting for details.

I can promise you that when I win you'll get a minute by minute account of everything that happens.  

So, I agree with you he's an idiot. I'm just saying he doesn't deserve all the time we're dedicating to him.

Today's youth? I have to take a bit of exception to that. Being a jackass isn't a generational or a "today's youth" thing. I'm certain there were and still are plenty of people in your age group that acted that way in their 20s and still act that way. Actually I know there are from having known some of my brother's friends over the years and he's about a year older than you.

Don't forget about what people said about your generation which is a part of Generation X, which I just missed being a part of apparently and EZ is a little older than I am. It's a never ending cycle, the previous generation says the same thing about the generation(s) after it as generations before them said. Though, okay I'll concede, there is a lot more stupidity out there with my age group and younger, but a lot of that is the result of a lack of or flat out bad parenting.

You can't predict random.

One2Adore's avatar - butterfly2
                  Maryland
                  United States
                  Member #50566
                  March 8, 2007
                  88 Posts
                  Posted: August 10, 2008, 9:07 am - IP Logged

I agree, Coin Toss.   Suddenly everything I've posted or blogged would be news and it probably would be reported inaccurately as well.

I get what you and Coin Toss are saying.  I never thought about it like that.  Imagining the vastness of the Internet.  I was seeing this place as a little community, but it's not.  It's the INTERNET.  I was also seeing it as being able to share with you guys that I won while staying anonymous because you don't really know who I am. 

Maybe I'll make that announcement here one day or maybe I won't.  I have the win the Jackpot first!  Wink

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.

Long Island, NY
                    United States
                    Member #57412
                    January 3, 2008
                    419 Posts
                    Posted: August 11, 2008, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

So....no one "really" knows if EZ has won anything at all?  He wasnt one of the multiple winners on that draw? Partial prize winning maybe?  Member of the family maybe?  I am sorry that EZ has not responded further.

If not, I have a feeling he may win someday;  regardless.  We need folks with EZ's playing approach to win sometimes.  Lotta ways to crack a nut.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5143 Posts
                      Posted: August 11, 2008, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

I don't know of any other way to interpret 'IN YO MF'ING FACES!!!', so I will just let it be..

I Agree!....BUT>YES>alway's>BUTT (out dare)  o!o

John Edward's won't CLAIM "HIS"

little pain @ D pump>"JACKPOT"!!

LOL

PSYKOMO

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: August 12, 2008, 1:39 am - IP Logged

Would it matter ?   (as far as who said what about you ?)

IF I won, I would announce it on here - AFTER I picked up the check, and then I would detail exactly how I did it ('luck') - and a few other things.

But here's the deal - even if I did win it - nobody would believe me UNLESS I picked up a check in front of the TV cameras wearing a LotteryPost.Com hat and a shirt that said 'I am Guesser' on it.

JXP - I heard that about you and the chicken man - word gets around fast.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                          Dallas, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #4549
                          May 2, 2004
                          1833 Posts
                          Posted: August 12, 2008, 2:49 am - IP Logged

....but I didn't cluck like a chicken.

I DANCED like one!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                            Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: August 12, 2008, 5:16 am - IP Logged

Would it matter ?   (as far as who said what about you ?)

IF I won, I would announce it on here - AFTER I picked up the check, and then I would detail exactly how I did it ('luck') - and a few other things.

But here's the deal - even if I did win it - nobody would believe me UNLESS I picked up a check in front of the TV cameras wearing a LotteryPost.Com hat and a shirt that said 'I am Guesser' on it.

He was into a lot of fowl play. (yuck, yuck)  But he was also very eggsistential, which I like.

Seriously, what I meant about my posts is that, yes, I would care.  Some people haven't gotten personal on this board, but I have.  What I meant by people knowing I'm justxploring is if I uploaded the ticket or said where I bought it before it hit the press.  I disagree members wouldn't believe me, since I've been posting regularly for 3 years.  However, I do agree there would be little proof unless I said to the press "I'm justxploring on Lottery Post." 

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                              adelaide sa
                              Australia
                              Member #37136
                              April 11, 2006
                              3316 Posts
                              Posted: August 12, 2008, 5:27 am - IP Logged

hehe the syndicate name  on the card i play under is savagegoose my email has savagegoose as part of its name and my name here is umm u guessed it ...

maybe i should change my syndicate name  to something more annonymous like maybe singlemum2854, but does any of that get anyone closer to actually knowing who i am or where i live? i hope not.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318