Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The "8" phenomenon

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 8 years ago by spy153.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How much did everyone invest yesterday in any variation of 8's in their home state?

.50 to 2.00 [ 8 ]  [72.73%]
$3-$4 [ 3 ]  [27.27%]
$5-10 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
better than $10 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 11 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 11 ]  
TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
A long and winding road
United States
Member #17084
June 10, 2005
4525 Posts
Posted: August 13, 2008, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

Zero.  The date has nothing to do with what numbers will be drawn so why bother?

I concur with Uff Da!

I did have a very good laugh when I saw our draws for the day. Not a single 8 anywhere in our drawings.

Alot of people did eat humble pie for dinner though!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
    Harbinger
    D.C./MD.
    United States
    Member #44103
    July 30, 2006
    5583 Posts
    Posted: August 13, 2008, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

I played 8085, and 3808.

wyoming, michigan
      United States
      Member #53058
      June 22, 2007
      637 Posts
      Posted: August 13, 2008, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Date has nothing to do with the # drawn really, what about 911 on that date a year later for the New York state lottery.  God bless and good luck.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
        Marquette, MI
        United States
        Member #20541
        August 20, 2005
        705 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2008, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Zero.  The date has nothing to do with what numbers will be drawn so why bother?

Oh it does!  Try buying a Mega Mill ticket for a Monday drawing!

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
          Magnolia, Delaware
          United States
          Member #18795
          July 20, 2005
          789 Posts
          Posted: August 14, 2008, 9:52 am - IP Logged

With all the hubub about it,I was just curious what everyone invested yesterday.I was shocked to see few catch it(880) on this board.I for one only invested a dollar and I shouda played 088 superstraight at a minimum...oh well live and learn

NADA!!!! Besides I rarely play the pick 3 or the pick 4 games. PB or MM's for me. My state of Delaware has nothing but computerized drawings! And I REFUSE to play an already rigged game!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
            Member #28409
            December 15, 2005
            1198 Posts
            Posted: August 14, 2008, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Oh it does!  Try buying a Mega Mill ticket for a Monday drawing!

what do you mean?

I spent zero on it, btw.  I had planned on getting some tickets the day before, but got side railed.   I knew it would be impossible to buy the tickets for those numbers by the time I was able to get my mega millions tickets and I'm on a budget anyway.  Hitting a straight on p3/4 vs hitting MM is not a tough choice for me.  Higher odds and all, MM wins out every time.

But for what it's worth, consider this:

9/9/09 next year

10/10/10 year after that

11/11/11 year after that

12/12/12 year after that. 

Then that is it for the triples, as far as I know, for the rest of the century.  This year's 8/8/8 and next year's 9/9/9 were significant for me because I am 38 years old for the majority of the year and 39 most of next year.  Also, this year's 8/8/8 coincided with my posts here on lp, which were at the time of the actual date 888.    It also coincided with the Olympics in Beijing, who consider 888 to be extremely lucky.  I thought I would be lucky too.  But I won $7 on MM and was one number from $150 because I had 34 as my MB instead of the 33 which came out.  Oh well.  Maybe next year.  Also, the number 8 is the number for "resurrection,"  "abundance," "new beginnings" and I sure could have used those this year. 

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: August 14, 2008, 10:37 am - IP Logged

08/08/2008 has passed and there were no "8" phenomenon, but that won't stop people from thinking that such theories may be true.  States protect themselves in case such a phenomenon does happen by limiting the number of such bets.

When it comes to picking numbers for lotteries, there are hundreds of theories out there.  I prefer to make up my own so if one ever does work, I'll be the only winner.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                Member #28409
                December 15, 2005
                1198 Posts
                Posted: August 14, 2008, 10:43 am - IP Logged

08/08/2008 has passed and there were no "8" phenomenon, but that won't stop people from thinking that such theories may be true.  States protect themselves in case such a phenomenon does happen by limiting the number of such bets.

When it comes to picking numbers for lotteries, there are hundreds of theories out there.  I prefer to make up my own so if one ever does work, I'll be the only winner.

That is a good idea, RJOh.  I have recently began my own version of the lucky dream numbers thing.  I'm testing today., so let's see what happens.  I tested it last night too, and it would have gotten me $40., had I actually put money into it.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool