Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you win 100 or 200 Million will you move all of your family to the same neighboorhood

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 8 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2008, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

I thought about this...I think is a phenomemal ideal, that's what i will have done...What would be the point of you having 100 million and each of your family lives in different state, a brother in this state a sister in this other state or this other city...I can't think of what a sad way to live...Why not have cousin, newphew, uncle all living in the same neighboorhood/subdivision and once a month you all gather by one of the family members and have Sunday barbecue with the entire family...Of course each member will have a big house...You set aside a couple of money and pay some money and have the cops watch the neighboorhood (of course a good neighboorhood)

Don't you all think so...

That's what i will have done if i win 100 million or 200 million...And what happen why don't we preach this to families as a GREAT AMERICAN VALUE...

How come no one has done it (and there have been 100 million dollar winners)...I think you live lonely, sad if every member lives separate...At least brothers and sisters should live together...I am not talking living next door even though that will be awesome but at least living on the next block..

i don't think no american family or big family lives in the same neighboorhood/subdivision...I don't think there is such a case in the world...

this way YOUR KIDS play with your sisters's kid in the same subdivision and your brothers's kids, etc and they go to the same school, etc...

I've heard of parents having 14 kids in their lifestime, but i've never heard of a big family living in the same area....

as little kids, what a way to grow up..

my question to you is if you was to win 100 or 200 million will you do it...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19828 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2008, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

My family live where they like living and their spouses have family in the area where they live.  Their kids consider that their home since they were born there.  They do come back to this area to visit family and former school friends who still live in the area but they have never thought about moving back even when they retire.  So if I ever won a large jackpot, I would probably share it with them but I would respect their wishes to live where they call home now even if it's hundreds of miles away.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5121 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2008, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

I thought about this...I think is a phenomemal ideal, that's what i will have done...What would be the point of you having 100 million and each of your family lives in different state, a brother in this state a sister in this other state or this other city...I can't think of what a sad way to live...Why not have cousin, newphew, uncle all living in the same neighboorhood/subdivision and once a month you all gather by one of the family members and have Sunday barbecue with the entire family...Of course each member will have a big house...You set aside a couple of money and pay some money and have the cops watch the neighboorhood (of course a good neighboorhood)

That's what i will have done if i win 100 million or 200 million...And what happen why don't we preach this to families as a GREAT AMERICAN VALUE...

How come no one has done it (and there have been 100 million dollar winners)...I think you live lonely, sad if every member lives separate...At least brothers and sisters should live together...I am not talking living next door even though that will be awesome but at least living on the next block..

i don't think no american family or big family lives in the same neighboorhood/subdivision...I don't think there is such a case in the world...

this way YOUR KIDS play with your sisters's kid in the same subdivision and your brothers's kids, etc and they go to the same school, etc...

I've heard of parents having 14 kids in their lifestime, but i've never heard of a big family living in the same area....

THIS is a great post to ASK which ISLAND U will LIVE when UUUUUUUUUUU

HIT DDDDDDDDDDDDD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKO vote's for D FIGI>>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PLEASE tell LP member's >>>>>>>>>>>>watha??THANK????

LOL

PSYKOMO

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1953 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2008, 12:09 am - IP Logged

No way. I'll get a request for money everyday if I did that.

Gonna win.Big Smile

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5121 Posts
          Posted: August 17, 2008, 12:28 am - IP Logged

THIS is a great post to ASK which ISLAND U will LIVE when UUUUUUUUUUU

HIT DDDDDDDDDDDDD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKO vote's for D FIGI>>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PLEASE tell LP member's >>>>>>>>>>>>watha??THANK????

LOL

PSYKOMO

SORRY BOUT PSKO being so stupid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BUTT I would MOVE FAR>>>>>>>>FAR away from my NETGHBRO H@@D!

IF I WON one million $$>>>>>>>>I would still go 2 FIGI>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!

NO>>>>>>>>>>>>>not MIAMI>>not CUBIA>>not GEORGIA or RUSSIA!!

IT would not take a LOTTO money>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

TRANSLATION:

IF UR really tired of this country and HAVE G@@D CREDIT$$$$$$$$$$

Todd will loan U all the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ U-need$$$$$$$$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8362 Posts
            Posted: August 17, 2008, 12:30 am - IP Logged

Lots of people in America live with their family's their whole lives and lots more don't mainly because they go where the jobs pay the most money or their careers take them.

I have aunts and uncles niece's and nephews i haven't seen in 20 years if i were to win the lottery should i be expected bring them all together and take care of them even though they don't bother to call or write. I think not.

Some family's are better of left alone to go their separate ways. If you didn't get along well when you were living together what make you think you would after you won the lottery.

When i win the big one I'd just as soon depart from the whole family thing and let bygones be bygones. Not to worry some of them will be well compensated.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
              increase's avatar - focus
              VA
              United States
              Member #54828
              August 31, 2007
              37882 Posts
              Posted: August 17, 2008, 12:30 am - IP Logged

No!  I will be in an undisclosed remote location.

DC81's avatar - batman39
                MI
                United States
                Member #54830
                August 31, 2007
                985 Posts
                Posted: August 17, 2008, 12:53 am - IP Logged

Sure, I'd move them all to the same location up in the Arctic Circle.

I have plenty of family near me, too much family. Not a very close "family" in the least bit and I have no desire to get close to them. They'd regularly bug me and several would try to steal from me or worse.

You can't predict random.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: August 17, 2008, 2:26 am - IP Logged

No. My family lives where they want to live and that is not necessarily in the same town or state.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
                    Washington *state*
                    United States
                    Member #62009
                    June 14, 2008
                    192 Posts
                    Posted: August 17, 2008, 3:16 am - IP Logged

Unfortunately, my family isn't very close.  Well, I'm close to my mother........buts thats about it.  Hard to explain.  I didn't have the "great American family" that everyone dreams of.  If I had to choose, I'd totally have a family like the Waltons...........now thats a family! lol.

All my family...whats left of it..is in N.California.  They like where they are at..I guess, so I wouldn't want them to move.  I'd just make a few of them really happy.  I liked where I grew up in Cali....but of course wanted to escape asap.  NOW........where I live now?  I HATE HATE HATE HATE it.......and would rather go back home lol.  Its too dry here...I need the ocean (close by), the woods (close by)....beautiful  rivers (close by)...MOISTURE! (everyday!)  So........if I ever get lucky with the lottery, I'm moving.  This is my husbands state.  The family farm is keeping us here....(for now) hehe

But ya, I would love to have that family gathering feel.  But looks like since I want to move away, our little family gatherings will have to start all over again through my hubby and I with our adorable children.

Which reminds me...what state should I move to after I win my $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$???

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

colthmn's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
                      Inglewood
                      United States
                      Member #41769
                      June 22, 2006
                      122 Posts
                      Posted: August 17, 2008, 8:42 am - IP Logged

Lots of people in America live with their family's their whole lives and lots more don't mainly because they go where the jobs pay the most money or their careers take them.

I have aunts and uncles niece's and nephews i haven't seen in 20 years if i were to win the lottery should i be expected bring them all together and take care of them even though they don't bother to call or write. I think not.

Some family's are better of left alone to go their separate ways. If you didn't get along well when you were living together what make you think you would after you won the lottery.

When i win the big one I'd just as soon depart from the whole family thing and let bygones be bygones. Not to worry some of them will be well compensated.

I Agree!

Sunny California
                        United States
                        Member #40295
                        May 31, 2006
                        7712 Posts
                        Posted: August 17, 2008, 9:24 am - IP Logged

My family already lives in the same neighborhood. But just because you live in the same place doesn't mean you see each other all the time. I only see my aunts, uncles,cousins a couple of times a year and they live just a few blocks from me. Too much togetherness isn't always a good thing. Only my sister lives in another state but I doubt she'd come back to live here. People need their own lives.  

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: August 17, 2008, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

i just wanted to remind you all of something we commonly forget..So far There is no civilization in the known universe but us, we are very unique, not only that but a lot of sperm competed among us to be created and become a human being, not only that we seem to be cluttered with ailments and for us to live separate is too much....I think we should live together share moments together that thing about one person living in a different state and calling each other long distance, i don't believe in that, we should try to live together with our family because when they are gone they are GONE...

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7313 Posts
                            Posted: August 17, 2008, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

"How come no one has done it (and there have been 100 million dollar winners)...I think you live lonely, sad if every member lives separate... At least brothers and sisters should live together...I am not talking living next door even though that will be awesome but at least living on the next block.."

I don't see why it would be necessary to win $100 million to live in the same area if a family wanted it. There are many reasons why siblings move out of the area where they grew up and jobs or spouses' families, might be the main reasons. Sure, you could buy them a nicer house in a nicer neighborhood, but what about their jobs and their families that could be in another state?

"my question to you is if you was to win 100 or 200 million will you do it..."

Nope, any gifts or money I give to my family and friends would be unconditional.

Kennesaw, GA
                              United States
                              Member #62138
                              June 18, 2008
                              1413 Posts
                              Posted: August 18, 2008, 8:29 am - IP Logged

Its sounds like a good idea, but then again for most families it wont work.  We all need our separate lives...Just because they are your family doesnt me you necessarily will like living near that...;-)  I rather have nosey neighbors than family members,,haha