Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you win 100 or 200 Million will you move all of your family to the same neighboorhood

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 8 years ago by guesser.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
DC81's avatar - batman39
MI
United States
Member #54830
August 31, 2007
985 Posts
Posted: August 18, 2008, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

i just wanted to remind you all of something we commonly forget..So far There is no civilization in the known universe but us, we are very unique, not only that but a lot of sperm competed among us to be created and become a human being, not only that we seem to be cluttered with ailments and for us to live separate is too much....I think we should live together share moments together that thing about one person living in a different state and calling each other long distance, i don't believe in that, we should try to live together with our family because when they are gone they are GONE...

Yeah, but the amount of info we know of the universe wouldn't even fill a thimble. Even on our own planet there are a lot of areas that have never been explored.

You can't predict random.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: August 18, 2008, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

"i just wanted to remind you all of something we commonly forget..So far There is no civilization in the known universe but us"

Considering what the "discoverers" usually do to the "discoverees", this is not necessarily a bad thing.

I never forget that.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8359 Posts
      Posted: August 18, 2008, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Pumpi wrote: i just wanted to remind you all of something we commonly forget..So far There is no civilization in the known universe but us,

nobody knows that yet..... because we haven't found another civilization in the universe doesn't mean there aren't any. In fact we may have come from another universe.

not only that we seem to be cluttered with ailments

Some people are.... some aren't.... many people live their whole lives without any aliments other than a cold until there body wares out. But yes we as a whole are a fragile species.

and for us to live separate is too much....

Some people just don't get along, social structures can get torn apart. Just as animals let go of their young humans do too.

I think we should live together share moments together.

some do... some don't... some never will.

that thing about one person living in a different state and calling each other long distance,

if you come up with a better devise than a phone please feel free to get a patent

i don't believe in that, we should try to live together with our family because when they are gone they are GONE...

Thats the facts of life.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        AlecWest's avatar - alec
        Vader, Washington
        United States
        Member #29697
        January 5, 2006
        108 Posts
        Posted: August 18, 2008, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

No!  I will be in an undisclosed remote location.

Absolutely agree.  My ex and I met while she was working in Los Angeles.  But she was an immigrant from the Philippines.  When we got married, she immediately started sending "money home."  I made no comment to her about it.  It was her money and if that's what she wanted to do with it, fine by me.  But I knew deep down that, in her case, sending money home would result in only one thing ... more requests to send money home.  I was right.  Relatives literally came out of the woodwork (grin) ... all with their hands out.  Fortunately, she learned that lesson before she overextended herself to the point of compromising her own financial needs.  And if she had brought her family physically closer, the pressure to cough up money would have been stifling.

I do have a son and a sister.  And, I would give them money if I won.  But I'd give it through a blind trust so they'd not know I was their benefactor.  Also, it would be a one-time gift - and they'd be made aware that it was only a one-time gift.  Even if protected by the anonimity of a trust, I'd want to make certain they didn't think of the benefactor (me) as Santa Claus.  The only person who'd need to know I was rich would be me.

Bottom line?  Families are all well and good.  But injecting money into family relationships can be a tricky business ... even trickier if they were in close physical proximity.

Regards - J. Alec West

United States
          Member #60947
          May 7, 2008
          313 Posts
          Posted: August 18, 2008, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

Absolutely Not! 

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
            Washington State
            United States
            Member #33973
            February 26, 2006
            347 Posts
            Posted: August 18, 2008, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Four of my five brothers and sisters have lived in their same houses for thirty or more years and in their same communities for 35-55 years.  Do you think they would have any interest in moving 1800-2200 miles to live near me just because I offered them a house in Washington State?  No way!  Or do you think if I had enough money to live anywhere I wished that I would even consider moving back to a climate where it gets down to 20 below zero every winter?  Not on your life!

dingo's avatar - lottery of-birth.jpg
              San Jose, California
              United States
              Member #42003
              June 26, 2006
              206 Posts
              Posted: August 19, 2008, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

You can share difficults when you you are poor, but you can not share fortune when you are rich. That's human nature. I am sorry. I rather to live far away. I prefer to get my legs tired visiting my relatives than to get bombarment with complains and requests in order to live in the same neighborhood. A distanced relative is not equal to a good neighbor. But I think good neighbors and good raltive are extinct.

However, I will live where friends, neighbors, relatives love me for who I am but not my money. I am willing to share with the people I love.

In my observation, I see that American's values are similar to other culture. We are a melting pot. Learning good values from sourrounding people make me appreciating America more than the "general American values." I love the freedom. I love the land. Nonetheless, I love American values and life style less.

jmill1948's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                colonial heights
                United States
                Member #31712
                February 2, 2006
                12264 Posts
                Posted: August 19, 2008, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

I thought about this...I think is a phenomemal ideal, that's what i will have done...What would be the point of you having 100 million and each of your family lives in different state, a brother in this state a sister in this other state or this other city...I can't think of what a sad way to live...Why not have cousin, newphew, uncle all living in the same neighboorhood/subdivision and once a month you all gather by one of the family members and have Sunday barbecue with the entire family...Of course each member will have a big house...You set aside a couple of money and pay some money and have the cops watch the neighboorhood (of course a good neighboorhood)

Don't you all think so...

That's what i will have done if i win 100 million or 200 million...And what happen why don't we preach this to families as a GREAT AMERICAN VALUE...

How come no one has done it (and there have been 100 million dollar winners)...I think you live lonely, sad if every member lives separate...At least brothers and sisters should live together...I am not talking living next door even though that will be awesome but at least living on the next block..

i don't think no american family or big family lives in the same neighboorhood/subdivision...I don't think there is such a case in the world...

this way YOUR KIDS play with your sisters's kid in the same subdivision and your brothers's kids, etc and they go to the same school, etc...

I've heard of parents having 14 kids in their lifestime, but i've never heard of a big family living in the same area....

as little kids, what a way to grow up..

my question to you is if you was to win 100 or 200 million will you do it...

no need for me to win the 100 million my family at least most of them live here anyway on a small farm

when you do it do it right the first time...........

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  CA
                  United States
                  Member #57222
                  December 23, 2007
                  587 Posts
                  Posted: August 19, 2008, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

I will give my family (what's left)  enough money to get them over,  send it too them strickly anonymously  of course, or at least in a way that they won't know how much i have, then move.  I wouldn't  volunteer where i move to, but it will be in a gated community, where they cant just drop by.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: August 20, 2008, 1:16 am - IP Logged

I thought about this...I think is a phenomemal ideal, that's what i will have done...What would be the point of you having 100 million and each of your family lives in different state, a brother in this state a sister in this other state or this other city...I can't think of what a sad way to live...Why not have cousin, newphew, uncle all living in the same neighboorhood/subdivision and once a month you all gather by one of the family members and have Sunday barbecue with the entire family...Of course each member will have a big house...You set aside a couple of money and pay some money and have the cops watch the neighboorhood (of course a good neighboorhood)

Don't you all think so...

That's what i will have done if i win 100 million or 200 million...And what happen why don't we preach this to families as a GREAT AMERICAN VALUE...

How come no one has done it (and there have been 100 million dollar winners)...I think you live lonely, sad if every member lives separate...At least brothers and sisters should live together...I am not talking living next door even though that will be awesome but at least living on the next block..

i don't think no american family or big family lives in the same neighboorhood/subdivision...I don't think there is such a case in the world...

this way YOUR KIDS play with your sisters's kid in the same subdivision and your brothers's kids, etc and they go to the same school, etc...

I've heard of parents having 14 kids in their lifestime, but i've never heard of a big family living in the same area....

as little kids, what a way to grow up..

my question to you is if you was to win 100 or 200 million will you do it...

They already do this, it's called ARKANSAS.   (LOL)

I would never do it in a million years, the richer I am, the closer they are, the more (obvious) problems it presents.

We pay some money NOW to have the cops watch our neighborhoods - it's called TAXES - and it's not working.