Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:01 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have You Ever Had This To Happen To You

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Jani Norman.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
OHIO
United States
Member #4164
March 27, 2004
14586 Posts
Posted: August 22, 2008, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

You just have this gut feeling or intuition as you may want to call it that this will be the day for a certain number that you just know is coming, you even have the number written down on paper just 5 numbers, but you just don't have enough money to play one of them and that happens to be the one that falls straights...... What do you feel like doing once you see it was your number.......

Rant    I just have to get this off my chest..... i have been sick and mad all day...

Has this happened to anyone else before....

===========================

"I am what I am by the grace of God."

Kitfany

http://www.ohiolottery.com/

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10391 Posts
    Posted: August 22, 2008, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

(I take it we're talking Pick 3)

I don't know how many time a number has "came to me" at some point during the day so I play it for the evening pick 3 only to find out it had hit mid day.

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

JAP69's avatar - alas
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #6
      November 4, 2001
      8797 Posts
      Posted: August 22, 2008, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

I have had that happen so often that I just shrug it off now as coulda , shoulda , woulda but didn't play it. I am a budget player by choice also.

Happen to me twice this week that I remember because I wrote them down.
      The 405 was one that came str8 and the 236 which I posted for play the day before it came and did not play either one of those two numbers. Was onto another number or did not play at all that draw.

I got tired of patching holes in the sheetrock walls so I gave up on being mad. Big Smile

Oo'Ka

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1834 Posts
        Posted: August 22, 2008, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

You're telling the story of my Pick 3 life here Janie.

Since I made a deal with myself that I will play no more than $5 on Midday or Evening, but not both, I find myself eliminating a lot of good numbers. As you say, some of those numbers DO come out. And I find myself saying, "See dummy! You should have spent that extra buck." 

Truthfully, I was tempted to cover every 3 known to mankind today in the Texas Midday. Everything pointed to it coming up. It did, as 355, and I felt foolish for about 5 seconds that I didn't bet the gas money. 

Then I remembered those other times when I did bet the gas money and felt foolish because it didn't come up.

If I'm playing 972 and 046 comes up, it doesn't bother me. But if I'm playing 972 and 872 hits, I kick myself for about 11 seconds.

Then I imagine the fun I'm going to have telling people I lost $500 playing Pick 3 last night.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5143 Posts
          Posted: August 22, 2008, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

(I take it we're talking Pick 3)

I don't know how many time a number has "came to me" at some point during the day so I play it for the evening pick 3 only to find out it had hit mid day.

Bang Head

CT:

PLEASE>>>>>>>>DONOT try 2 UP-SETT<<<<<<<<<<<<PSYKOMO!!!!!!!

IT does not MATTER if IT is a PICK-3 or 4 or 5 or SEXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!

PSYKO can get very UP-SET when I SPEND a BUNCH of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: August 23, 2008, 1:01 am - IP Logged

Eventually, numbers 'come to' everyone, but not the Jackpot numbers.

More-often-than-not they DON'T come to you, so don't fret it.

I've missed two Powerball Pick-5's because I changed ONE number at the last minute.

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: August 23, 2008, 1:21 am - IP Logged

You have lottery math, and you have lottery logic. If you play the hunch, it won't show. If you don't play, it'll come out.

That's just the way it is.

Once in a while the lottery gods will throw you a bone, but they have more fun watching you wriggle in emotional agony...lol

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: August 23, 2008, 3:17 am - IP Logged

Frustrating, isn't it?  But I agree with Pac.  He calls them the lottery gods and Coin Toss calls her the Lottery Fairy.  That happened to me one night when I played Lotto.  I wouldn't have won the big jackpot, but I would have gotten 5/6 which paid about $6,000 that night.  First I played my "regular" 4 cards and then had random numbers written down..just had a hunch..and played them in different combinations.  I won 4 out of 6 on one of them.  The 5th number was written on that piece of paper too.  Tonight I won 2 free tickets in Fantasy5 (2/5 on each) and I was all around the winning 5.  But if I played all of the numbers I write down and feel good about, I wouldn't have any money left for gas!  Sorry you didn't win.  I don't blame you for feeling upset, since I get that way too once in a while. 

angelm's avatar - anne
                  richmond ky.
                  United States
                  Member #15877
                  May 22, 2005
                  8472 Posts
                  Posted: August 23, 2008, 11:53 am - IP Logged

Sorry you didn't win Jani-and yes this has happened to me before-makes you sick to your stomach

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7344 Posts
                    Posted: August 23, 2008, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

You're telling the story of my Pick 3 life here Janie.

Since I made a deal with myself that I will play no more than $5 on Midday or Evening, but not both, I find myself eliminating a lot of good numbers. As you say, some of those numbers DO come out. And I find myself saying, "See dummy! You should have spent that extra buck." 

Truthfully, I was tempted to cover every 3 known to mankind today in the Texas Midday. Everything pointed to it coming up. It did, as 355, and I felt foolish for about 5 seconds that I didn't bet the gas money. 

Then I remembered those other times when I did bet the gas money and felt foolish because it didn't come up.

If I'm playing 972 and 046 comes up, it doesn't bother me. But if I'm playing 972 and 872 hits, I kick myself for about 11 seconds.

Then I imagine the fun I'm going to have telling people I lost $500 playing Pick 3 last night.

"If I'm playing 972 and 046 comes up, it doesn't bother me. But if I'm playing 972 and 872 hits, I kick myself for about 11 seconds."

Last Tuesday was only the third time I played Ohio's pick-3 this year. I played 023 on January 7 because that was the date the last time it hit, 24 years ago. In May my neighbor asked me if I would play 827 for them so I played it too and caught a box win. On Tuesday I noticed many people predicting 820 and 830 which were two of my pet numbers from years ago so played both. When 023 was drawn that night, the first thing I thought was that "had I" boxed all four digits, I would have won. And when 328 hit in the next drawing, it was sprinkling more salt on the wound and reminded me why I seldom play pick-3.

When we play multiple combinations we are increasing the chances of matching two digits and think about how we could have played that extra digit or combination. From that we get ideas for systems, but that's the nature of the game and since the lotteries only pay 50 cents on the dollar, over time they always make a profit.

To Coin Toss:

I don't think traveling back in forth in time is possible but every once in a while we can experience good timing. If my neighbor asked me several times to get lotteries tickets for them, I wouldn't play their picks but my timing was great when their pick hit in the box on the rare time they asked me to get them tickets. They may have played the same combination for years and the $83 win only dented their losses and I happened to play it once on the same night it was drawn and made a small profit.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5759 Posts
                      Posted: August 23, 2008, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

CT:

PLEASE>>>>>>>>DONOT try 2 UP-SETT<<<<<<<<<<<<PSYKOMO!!!!!!!

IT does not MATTER if IT is a PICK-3 or 4 or 5 or SEXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!

PSYKO can get very UP-SET when I SPEND a BUNCH of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO

Soooooooooo, Psyko.

You mean you spend $ on SEX too?????????

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7344 Posts
                        Posted: August 23, 2008, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Eventually, numbers 'come to' everyone, but not the Jackpot numbers.

More-often-than-not they DON'T come to you, so don't fret it.

I've missed two Powerball Pick-5's because I changed ONE number at the last minute.

Reminds of the guy that played his own numbers, checked the wrong box, and hit jackpot on his "mistake". He found his "mistake" and played the combination he wanted, but he could have exchanged the "mistake", the clerk could have bought it and won the jackpot.

Adding the extra combination only costs another buck, but over time the cost of doing that does add up if you often change your mind. I matched all 5 numbers playing a 15 number 3if5 wheel, hit one 3 number match for $10 and ended up losing $3. Had I played a 3if4 wheel using the same numbers, but at a cost off $11 more, I would have won $300. I'm lucky if I can match 3 out of 15 numbers so if played the more expensive 3if4 or 4if5 wheels every day, I could only show a profit by winning the jackpot on the rare times I match all 5 numbers. 

When we get that close or make the wrong choices, is it just a coincidence or is the lottery fairy or gods just teasing us?

onenumber's avatar - swordgirl
                          Chicago, IL
                          United States
                          Member #8354
                          November 2, 2004
                          1580 Posts
                          Posted: August 23, 2008, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

Soooooooooo, Psyko.

You mean you spend $ on SEX too?????????

Jani,  I feel you.  I have had this happen before and beat myself up for the rest of the night.

rcbbuckeye - does Psyko sound like a guy who needs to pay for sex?   LOL

Jester Laugh

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #55889
                            October 23, 2007
                            5759 Posts
                            Posted: August 23, 2008, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Jani,  I feel you.  I have had this happen before and beat myself up for the rest of the night.

rcbbuckeye - does Psyko sound like a guy who needs to pay for sex?   LOL

Jester Laugh

Well...... yeah!

No offense Psyko! LOL

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                              Wandering Aimlessly
                              United States
                              Member #25360
                              November 5, 2005
                              4461 Posts
                              Posted: August 24, 2008, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Well...... yeah!

No offense Psyko! LOL

Nah.  Back in the day, the really weird guys who were trippin out on acid had no trouble getting the girls.   LOL

Hippy