Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pre-test draw results, Do we Have the right to know what they were?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 8 years ago by bigato1010.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: September 7, 2008, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Some lotteries publish theirs, and it is useful information, but NOT in terms of actual 'number selection'.

So far, I don't think this info has helped anyone WIN the jackpot.

As far as 'feeling bad for them', or helping them 'make more money': the option is there for you NOT to play, it's your choice if you choose to donate to the pot or not.

As far as 'feeling bad for them', or helping them 'make more money': the option is there for you NOT to play, it's your choice if you choose to donate to the pot or not.

Why should I settle for less or not play at all because you think they are the only options?

The third option is to complain about it. And I chose complaining. Afterall, I do have the right. It might not solve the problem, but atleast i get some satisfaction knowing there ain't nothin' I can do but to complain and get it off my chest.

I would love to have a tube full of balls in my house, filming the draws, showing my predictions for p-3, and/or Fantasy five, posting them on youtube for everyone on the LP to see. No pretests, no rotations and so on. Just one tube. I'd show you what the real meaning of emminant and reliable "Predicting" is.

Randomness might be just that, but everything in the universe strives to equalize itself in the process. The random numbers balancer is no exception to that rule. If number 8 is overdue, it'll show in a relatively due time with some exceptions, and for the most part, predictable enough to play the 8 for a few days as a buffer. Nevertheless, an overdue number in general will show more often with my one tube, than a draw that has pretests and rotations. Sure you might see the overdue number show in pretest systems, but in different positions. Many times I've seen an overdue number in a certain postion show in another.

It's not bad enough that the odds aren't in one's favor to begin with, but they need to throw that extra in your face, insult to injury.

Shame on the officials and their cohorts....shame on you !!!!!!!!!!

Mad

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: September 8, 2008, 12:04 am - IP Logged

I think pretest results should be public.

I Agree! I have no use for the pre-test drawings for my picks, but why should they be kept secret?

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: September 8, 2008, 12:06 am - IP Logged

I think pretest results should be public, but most states probably figure publishing a daily report of them is just extra work that doesn't improve their bottom line.  Some states are even changing to computers simulated drawings claiming live drawings are too expensive.

I record the official drawings of the games I play, but even if the pretest results were a available I wouldn't record them because I only check my tickets with that drawings that count and they are a good sampling of the randomness of the drawings in general.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: September 9, 2008, 2:18 am - IP Logged

Powerball DOES publish their pre- and post-game tests.

Here's the problem: when the next drawing takes place, they switch ball sets and ball machines, I have seen a number hit 4 times in the previous drawings' pre- and post-test games, but for the next drawing, that number does not show up at all.

And as far as a number such as '8 being overdue', what defines 'overdue' ?

I see 'overdue' numbers all over the place, but the problem is, let's say you have six 'overdue' numbers to choose from, once in a blue moon you will guess which ONE of those six numbers will hit, but that's just ONE number - AND you have to pick the right one.  Once in a Pink moon TWO 'overdue' numbers will hit, did you get the right ones ?

And you still have to get the other numbers AND the Powerball.

If, say, a number, we will call it '38', is overdue, how long will you play it ?

Until it hits ?

When do you start playing it ?

If so, it was 58 games old when it hit a week ago, if you started playing it when it was overdue, for the sake of argument let's say anything over 20 games 'old' is overdue, yeah, sure, sooner or later it will hit, but you played it for 19 weeks. There are other things to consider with a number besides it just being 'overdue', but you need to track this for two years before you will see what I'm talking about.

I did not get 38 when it hit, but I did get 17 (28 games old) in the last drawing based on things I have seen in the past. I have seen numbers go 71 games before being hit, and several into the 50's.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: September 9, 2008, 2:19 am - IP Logged

I Agree! I have no use for the pre-test drawings for my picks, but why should they be kept secret?

I tried telling you why, but you wouldn't listen to me........

And, they are not 'secret'.

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
            Member #33588
            February 22, 2006
            2068 Posts
            Posted: September 9, 2008, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

Pretest should be public. What are they trying to hide . Lack of intergrity ?