Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Sensitive Subject...Could you live with yourself if you lost the winning ticket?

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 8 years ago by crystaltips.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: September 13, 2008, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

I think this is a very good question...And the subject is very sensitive...Lots of us don't think about it, but what will happen if let's say you had the the 100 million or 200 million winning Powerball ticket...And let's say you lost it forever?

or let's say you bought it and won but then someone stole it from you or something...Could you live with yourself in the future...This is something we have never thought about and i think you need to be sincere when responding to this for your own good...That's why they say that money is very powerful and so are women....Both things are like a drug...

If such thing was to happened to me, sincerely, in the future i know that the thought of shooting myself will cross my mind, would i do it i don't know i don't think so...Anyways this is something we all should think about...Just the thought of knowing that you had all this in your hand and you blew it...Is indeed creepy...

This reminds me of a very beautiful women i saw on a bank ontime, she was so beautiful i think she might have been the most beautiful women in the world...i've thought to myself having such a woman in your hands and then losing her (divorce, death, cheating etc) have to have been catastrophic to the point of you contemplating suicide...

Anyways what i am trying to say is knowing that you had the winning ticket, not to 1 million, not to 3 million but to 100 million or 200 million and then you lost it has to be mind devastating...Don't you think?

your thoughts are welcome...If you lie you are only kidding yourself...Comments welcome...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
    Wilson
    United States
    Member #54516
    August 21, 2007
    2802 Posts
    Posted: September 13, 2008, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

In all honesty....I would get the letter "L" emblazoned on all my tops. I would never EVER AGAIN complain about my job, spouse, kids...the dog the economy ....NOTHING!

.....just start all over and

"be in it to win it" once again!!!

Twitchand be a nervous WRECK!!

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
      Dallas, TX
      United States
      Member #60284
      April 12, 2008
      3856 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2008, 12:45 am - IP Logged

When money lost you can earn it all back. I'll try at it again for the next jackpot.

I don't think I'll stop if I knew the system I had offer couple winnings in a lifetime.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2008, 1:14 am - IP Logged

I wouldnt forgive myself but then i wouldnt kill myself either. Ive lost out on making money on share trading a lot less than $100 mill, and am pretty peeved at myself over that. i think if u can learn from it, its not a total loss. and anyhow being the humerous butt of other peoples jokes is always a good use for a life right?

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: September 14, 2008, 1:20 am - IP Logged

I think this is a very good question...And the subject is very sensitive...Lots of us don't think about it, but what will happen if let's say you had the the 100 million or 200 million winning Powerball ticket...And let's say you lost it forever?

or let's say you bought it and won but then someone stole it from you or something...Could you live with yourself in the future...This is something we have never thought about and i think you need to be sincere when responding to this for your own good...That's why they say that money is very powerful and so are women....Both things are like a drug...

If such thing was to happened to me, sincerely, in the future i know that the thought of shooting myself will cross my mind, would i do it i don't know i don't think so...Anyways this is something we all should think about...Just the thought of knowing that you had all this in your hand and you blew it...Is indeed creepy...

This reminds me of a very beautiful women i saw on a bank ontime, she was so beautiful i think she might have been the most beautiful women in the world...i've thought to myself having such a woman in your hands and then losing her (divorce, death, cheating etc) have to have been catastrophic to the point of you contemplating suicide...

Anyways what i am trying to say is knowing that you had the winning ticket, not to 1 million, not to 3 million but to 100 million or 200 million and then you lost it has to be mind devastating...Don't you think?

your thoughts are welcome...If you lie you are only kidding yourself...Comments welcome...

Yes and no.

The odds of winning this great amount has it's own set of problems for my brain to untangle. As far as the dilemma you propose....well....... I'd rather wait to cross a bridge when I come to it.....lol

Just for brain space conservation...lol .......Gotta get more memory space. Maybe 3 Bazillion more bytes.

Type

DC81's avatar - batman39
            MI
            United States
            Member #54830
            August 31, 2007
            985 Posts
            Posted: September 14, 2008, 1:36 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't lose the ticket in the first place. But if I did I'd be taking a trip to a place with a nice padded cell.

You can't predict random.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19828 Posts
              Posted: September 14, 2008, 2:20 am - IP Logged

EASY COME, EASY GONE! Unhappy

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                Member #52345
                May 21, 2007
                2659 Posts
                Posted: September 14, 2008, 6:58 am - IP Logged

EASY COME, EASY GONE! Unhappy

I Agree!

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  CA
                  United States
                  Member #57222
                  December 23, 2007
                  587 Posts
                  Posted: September 14, 2008, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Hey Pumpi,

Boy this is a sensitive subject.
                  But here goes.....

On one hand I am a true believer in  if you are suppose to win the lottery, you win. (all the way) But then I think, well, I did win. but lost the ticket.    I thought about what you said about suicide, would I do it? probably not,  But I would  stay in a depression for quite a long time (maybe years) would need some serious therapy (honestly) And I would most likely stop playing the lottery because my chance of winning again would be virtually non existant.

I get a very sick feeling everytime I can't afford to play my regular numbers (which I try to never miss) but on the times when I don't play,  like I did last night  I get that extremely sick feeling until i check the numbers and realize I wouldn't have won anyway.  But it is not a good feeling.  So I cant imagine what I would do in the situation you described. 

Its easy to say what we'd buy when we win the lottery  but to think about  what would happen  just in case- and what if- like the unclaimed folks we talk about, is unthinkable.  Great post.  Thanks.Bang Head

Kennesaw, GA
                    United States
                    Member #62138
                    June 18, 2008
                    1413 Posts
                    Posted: September 14, 2008, 9:37 am - IP Logged

I think i would need some time to recover from my huge mistake...its really not about the money but the freedom it will allot me...i would get over it..but no need for a padded room as someone previously mentioned, haha

grengrad's avatar - nw rogue.jpg
                      Raleigh
                      United States
                      Member #49057
                      January 17, 2007
                      172 Posts
                      Posted: September 15, 2008, 9:17 am - IP Logged

I would be very very depressed about it, but I would go on living.

Even though I have grand schemes for staying anonymous, I would be concerned to lose my ticket and might go claim it right away.

Infact, that in my mind has always been one of the harder lotto decisions.

If you have ever had your wallet lost or stolen, you know it is possible to lose stuff of value without meaning to.

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3474 Posts
                        Posted: September 16, 2008, 2:48 am - IP Logged

Sure I could live with myself: http://tinyurl.com/66q9w2

Abdi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
                          Nairobi
                          Kenya
                          Member #64806
                          September 8, 2008
                          161 Posts
                          Posted: September 16, 2008, 3:16 am - IP Logged

I am afraid Rjoh-i dont a gree with you-Know lottery win comes easily,it requires lots of sacrifice,patience and tolerance

I Agree!

There are no born heroes or winners........it takes a hammer a chisel,a vision and a will to suffer the blows and be carved into one!..........

JordanT1021's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                            North Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #53121
                            June 24, 2007
                            6500 Posts
                            Posted: September 16, 2008, 3:25 am - IP Logged

I would get over it. I would have to... That would be just as bad as someone who plays the same pick 4 or cash 5 or megamillions or powerball numbers every drawing and the time that person doesn't play that would have had the pick 4 exact or 5 of 5 in cash 5 or 4 + 1 in megamillions/powerball or better...

I have been playing 34 powerball number for 8 months straight and when it fell like 3 or 4 drawing ago I didn't have it played..

HoneyBunny's avatar - unicorn rainbow-247x300.jpg
                              New Hyde Park, New York
                              United States
                              Member #58529
                              February 18, 2008
                              150 Posts
                              Posted: September 16, 2008, 10:46 am - IP Logged

This is the stuff nightmares are made of!!!!

Actually, since I have lost stuff in the past. It would be hard for a few days and then I would have to accept what happened.