Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

But I don't want an injection to collect my Powerball!! arrrgh!

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 8 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Sandra Dee's avatar - dandy
Bayonne
United States
Member #61147
May 13, 2008
129 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2008, 11:28 am - IP Logged

so, i have a very good friend in a powerball playing state - he never plays the lottery, so i begged him to play for me - gave him our numbers and told him to just play before 11pm - we've been playing since it reached the $100mil mark - so, for the last several wed/saturdays it's been 'we didn't win, play again' - i owe him like $5 for buying the tickets but since he's buying and i'm supplying the numbers we agreed to go half if we win -  sounds cool, okay, fine ---

now GET THIS!! all of a sudden, he's threatening if we win to take OUR ticket and hide out in west Africa [where he's from] and I have to GO THERE and get an injection [yes, it's sex] and then ONLY after that will he fly back and we can claim the prize - mind you, the 'injection' was to be followed with a baby but after i convinced him that I DON'T WANT ANYONES BABY then he reduced it to just an injection -- you know, for fun ... at first I thought he was kidding, I would just say 'hell no' - now, he tells me after he buys that he already signed the back and he's 100% serious, and I know his serious tone and I'm scared! I told him I'd take him to judge judy because those were MY NUMBERS and unique to me - he said to 'bring it on' and 'judge judy isn't in nigeria'

I've since deleted the first email where I asked him to buy the ticket and gave my numbers and told him we will go half --

do I have a case in the event we should win anything? he's my friend but I have ZERO sexual attraction to this man - he makes me shudder to think to even kiss him let alone AN INJECTION!! [his words not mine]- any other male friends, no problem [don't judge] but him, specifically, YUCK - I couldn't do it even for that amount - I'll take it all the way to the supreme court just so NOT to get an injection!!

Cussing Face Mad P***ed Bang Head

Kaptainess's avatar - hiro bird.jpg

United States
    Member #63356
    July 26, 2008
    1427 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2008, 11:38 am - IP Logged

This is more on the tune of Jerry Springer?  Geez!  Forget the millions and forget him.

NEVER trust ANYONE with money.  Never.

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
      CT
      United States
      Member #61398
      May 21, 2008
      781 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2008, 11:50 am - IP Logged

I would find someone else to buy tickets for you.  Seems like less of a hastle.

Bayonne
        United States
        Member #61147
        May 13, 2008
        129 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2008, 11:52 am - IP Logged

yeah, whew, just the THOUGHT of money brought out the nigerian crook in him!! it's going to have to be one of those 'oh well situations' i can't believe that he would even put that out as an option to claim when he didn't even know how to play in the beginning, oh well - i'm not playing with anyone so far again, not worth it

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23273 Posts
          Posted: September 14, 2008, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

yeah, whew, just the THOUGHT of money brought out the nigerian crook in him!! it's going to have to be one of those 'oh well situations' i can't believe that he would even put that out as an option to claim when he didn't even know how to play in the beginning, oh well - i'm not playing with anyone so far again, not worth it

I'm not sure I would be making the general statement "nigerian crook".  I'm sure there are Nigerian crooks, but I'm also sure that most Nigerians are not crooks.  I've made some very good friends over the years from Nigeria, and they have been good hard-working people.

In general, it is a very bad idea to play the lottery with other people, unless you have a firm, detailed agreement in writing.

I would not be so overly concerned about this particular situation though.  The chances are extremely high you won't win anything in the first place.  And even if you do, simply take the guy to court.  The lottery will never distribute a jackpot with a case pending.  If he's the dirtbag he sounds like, a well-worded threat from a good attorney may be enough.

Last, check your Sent Items and Deleted Items folders in your e-mail.  Many times people do not even think to check these folders for e-mails they think are gone.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
            Fughedaboutit (NY)
            United States
            Member #8160
            October 26, 2004
            6777 Posts
            Posted: September 14, 2008, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

I would find some else to buy my tickets.

Heck, if you are in NJ maybe you should hop on the PATH to 34th Street pick up your own tickets and be on your merry way. That way you don't have to get an injection from Dr. Love and your winning ticket is in your pocket no strings attached.

I hope that you win. Yes Nod

Good Luck Troll

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19830 Posts
              Posted: September 14, 2008, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

You don't own a lottery combination or a winning lottery ticket you didn't buy. 

This was bought up in another thread.  The poster thought by sharing his picks with other LP members, if they play them and won big, he was due a potion of their winnings.  Mr. Slick figured coming to LP and posting thousands of combinations was almost as good as playing them himself but with none of the cost.  He found out most LP members didn't share his thoughts, they said if they bought a winning ticket the winnings belonged to them and not to anyone who only thought about the combination.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Bayonne
                United States
                Member #61147
                May 13, 2008
                129 Posts
                Posted: September 14, 2008, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure I would be making the general statement "nigerian crook".  I'm sure there are Nigerian crooks, but I'm also sure that most Nigerians are not crooks.  I've made some very good friends over the years from Nigeria, and they have been good hard-working people.

In general, it is a very bad idea to play the lottery with other people, unless you have a firm, detailed agreement in writing.

I would not be so overly concerned about this particular situation though.  The chances are extremely high you won't win anything in the first place.  And even if you do, simply take the guy to court.  The lottery will never distribute a jackpot with a case pending.  If he's the dirtbag he sounds like, a well-worded threat from a good attorney may be enough.

Last, check your Sent Items and Deleted Items folders in your e-mail.  Many times people do not even think to check these folders for e-mails they think are gone.

you're right BUT he called me TYPICAL MONEY HUNGRY AMERICAN!!! so, the gloves are off now that he's planning on running with our money [should we win] .. now, here's the weird thing, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE A TICKET AND HOPE SOMEONE ELSE WINS !

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23273 Posts
                  Posted: September 14, 2008, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

You don't own a lottery combination or a winning lottery ticket you didn't buy. 

This was bought up in another thread.  The poster thought by sharing his picks with other LP members, if they play them and won big, he was due a potion of their winnings.  Mr. Slick figured coming to LP and posting thousands of combinations was almost as good as playing them himself but with none of the cost.  He found out most LP members didn't share his thoughts, they said if they bought a winning ticket the winnings belonged to them and not to anyone who only thought about the combination.

That's a very good point, but it sounds like Don Juan already agreed to split the winnings 50-50.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                    Clarksville
                    United States
                    Member #487
                    July 15, 2002
                    17638 Posts
                    Posted: September 14, 2008, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

The best chance of you winning the jackpot is be an independent woman and  buy your won tickets.  You don't own any numbers..

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                      Member #13130
                      March 30, 2005
                      2171 Posts
                      Posted: September 14, 2008, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

so, i have a very good friend in a powerball playing state - he never plays the lottery, so i begged him to play for me - gave him our numbers and told him to just play before 11pm - we've been playing since it reached the $100mil mark - so, for the last several wed/saturdays it's been 'we didn't win, play again' - i owe him like $5 for buying the tickets but since he's buying and i'm supplying the numbers we agreed to go half if we win -  sounds cool, okay, fine ---

now GET THIS!! all of a sudden, he's threatening if we win to take OUR ticket and hide out in west Africa [where he's from] and I have to GO THERE and get an injection [yes, it's sex] and then ONLY after that will he fly back and we can claim the prize - mind you, the 'injection' was to be followed with a baby but after i convinced him that I DON'T WANT ANYONES BABY then he reduced it to just an injection -- you know, for fun ... at first I thought he was kidding, I would just say 'hell no' - now, he tells me after he buys that he already signed the back and he's 100% serious, and I know his serious tone and I'm scared! I told him I'd take him to judge judy because those were MY NUMBERS and unique to me - he said to 'bring it on' and 'judge judy isn't in nigeria'

I've since deleted the first email where I asked him to buy the ticket and gave my numbers and told him we will go half --

do I have a case in the event we should win anything? he's my friend but I have ZERO sexual attraction to this man - he makes me shudder to think to even kiss him let alone AN INJECTION!! [his words not mine]- any other male friends, no problem [don't judge] but him, specifically, YUCK - I couldn't do it even for that amount - I'll take it all the way to the supreme court just so NOT to get an injection!!

Cussing Face Mad P***ed Bang Head

I believe Judge Judy only handles small claims cases.

Your other comments indicate "very good friend" is misapplied.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                        Member #2338
                        September 17, 2003
                        2063 Posts
                        Posted: September 14, 2008, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

I don't understand what this is even about. You gave the numbers to a creep making unwelcome sexual advances and you are still dealing with him?

Judging from how often my numbers win I wouldn't give him the $5 and have no further contact short of a court order. If you think the numbers are somehow winners I'm sure the drawing will prove otherwise and you can get a new set of numbers to play with tickets you purchase yourself.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19830 Posts
                          Posted: September 14, 2008, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

I believe Judge Judy only handles small claims cases.

Your other comments indicate "very good friend" is misapplied.

Judge Judy always say to the women who come to her court claiming they gave their money to man and got mistreated, "If you had watched my show, you would have known better"

Personally, I don't know why any woman would consider any man her friend that's not a co-worker, a neighbor or an associate of hers or of a family member that she's not sexually interested in.  Just because she wants him to do her a favor doesn't make him her friend. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Thomasville
                            United States
                            Member #56104
                            November 2, 2007
                            452 Posts
                            Posted: September 14, 2008, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

cut your ties with this guy and buy your own tickets, also once a person knows what buttons to push they will continue to push them. Be smart let it go!

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                              Member #13130
                              March 30, 2005
                              2171 Posts
                              Posted: September 14, 2008, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

I don't understand what this is even about. You gave the numbers to a creep making unwelcome sexual advances and you are still dealing with him?

Judging from how often my numbers win I wouldn't give him the $5 and have no further contact short of a court order. If you think the numbers are somehow winners I'm sure the drawing will prove otherwise and you can get a new set of numbers to play with tickets you purchase yourself.

If she lucks out and the numbers fall as a 2+1 or 3+0, even the $5 is not an issue.

I'd let 'em keep the $7 and lose my phone number.Big Smile

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.