Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

But I don't want an injection to collect my Powerball!! arrrgh!

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 8 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19826 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2008, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

If she lucks out and the numbers fall as a 2+1 or 3+0, even the $5 is not an issue.

I'd let 'em keep the $7 and lose my phone number.Big Smile

Sounds like she has already lucked out. He bought the tickets, they didn't win anything and she asked him to buy them again even though she still owed $5 for the first time.  Since he's buying the tickets and she's picking the numbers, she figures they are even because she agreed he could keep half of THEIR winnings from the tickets that only he is paying for.

Sounds likes he's being up front with her, he not interested in paying to play if she's not interested in playing.  She should buy her own lottery tickets.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
    Member #33588
    February 22, 2006
    2068 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2008, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

yeah, whew, just the THOUGHT of money brought out the nigerian crook in him!! it's going to have to be one of those 'oh well situations' i can't believe that he would even put that out as an option to claim when he didn't even know how to play in the beginning, oh well - i'm not playing with anyone so far again, not worth it

Sorry Sandra Dee, don't trust him ,  He is a liar just like one of the lp member who twist and avoid the real question at hand. OH MY GOD I CAN'T STAND LIARS !!

Sandra Dee's avatar - dandy
      Bayonne
      United States
      Member #61147
      May 13, 2008
      129 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2008, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

thanks all but .. he WAS a very good friend - a colleague - we joked and kidded about everything - you would think an educated econ professor wouldn't be such a slime .. i'm glad this happened .. i'm not paying him a dime! so, that's that .. if he wins he can do what the hell he wants with it - i'm so done with him - i just never thought he would even think of something like that - especially since we already said we'd go half - that was were my anger is from - we agreed [verbally] and he now changed his mind - that must be illegal - so, that's that ... thanks for the comments and suggestions and answering the REAL questions in private boxes [to all who did] - i just can't see how someone would feel winning with another's birthday and age numbers ..  oh well - you live and learn .. if i should EVER WIN .. i now know who isn't getting an invite to the VIP party  - you are all welcome to come to vegas and drink with me - and i'm in the nyc/nj area, powerball isn't here .. i would have bought the mega for him with his numbers ... oh well

Turkey

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
        Member #26882
        November 23, 2005
        1404 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2008, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

Anyone that would call Sex and Injection is whacked in the head in the first place and should be in a mental home not on the streets. This guy sounds like he fit’s the bill!

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
          CT
          United States
          Member #61398
          May 21, 2008
          781 Posts
          Posted: September 15, 2008, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

Hey, if you're in the NJ/NYC area, and you play the same numbers every week (I assume because you said birthdays, etc), why not take the 30 minute ride to CT once a month and pick up advanced tickets?

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
            Indiana
            United States
            Member #48725
            January 7, 2007
            1953 Posts
            Posted: September 15, 2008, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

You don't own a lottery combination or a winning lottery ticket you didn't buy. 

This was bought up in another thread.  The poster thought by sharing his picks with other LP members, if they play them and won big, he was due a potion of their winnings.  Mr. Slick figured coming to LP and posting thousands of combinations was almost as good as playing them himself but with none of the cost.  He found out most LP members didn't share his thoughts, they said if they bought a winning ticket the winnings belonged to them and not to anyone who only thought about the combination.

I Agree!

Giving someone the winning numbers doesn't entitle you to any amount of the money. Lets take this one step further Sandra Dee. Suppose he decides he likes the numbers you gave him enough that he regularly started playing them. If he won, would you feel as if you are entitled to a portion of the winnings?

Gonna win.Big Smile

Sandra Dee's avatar - dandy
              Bayonne
              United States
              Member #61147
              May 13, 2008
              129 Posts
              Posted: September 15, 2008, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Giving someone the winning numbers doesn't entitle you to any amount of the money. Lets take this one step further Sandra Dee. Suppose he decides he likes the numbers you gave him enough that he regularly started playing them. If he won, would you feel as if you are entitled to a portion of the winnings?

to the other poster, i AM going to make a trip to CT soon :)  -- and to you guru, nope, he can use my numbers all he wants - BUT i asked him, basically, to learn to gamble for this period - so every week, I STILL had to be the one to say, 'we didn't win, buy another one, we didn't win, buy another one' - so, on wednesday, if NO ONE WINS then, he can do whatever the hell he wants with those numbers, i'll have my own set to play - if we end up sharing so be it or if i can't make it to buy a powerball and he wins, so be it - he's been laying low after my last rant to him so who knows if he even bought anything .. what i WAS [am no longer] fussing about is that WE SPECIFICALLY DECIDED TO PLAY DURING THIS RUN OF POWERBALL BEING OVER 100M - and he knew that and changed the rules or made rules out of nowhere when he DID NOT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO GET A TICKET! it is what it is, what is meant to be is meant to be - if he's meant to be the sole winner, he will be such and i'll just be here in bayonne shaking my head or banging it

Bang Head

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                Dallas, TX
                United States
                Member #60284
                April 12, 2008
                3856 Posts
                Posted: September 15, 2008, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

Inject..injection...WHAT? :D

My best friend and I have a binding contract (signed in document) that if either of us won the jackpot we give the other 10% after all the taxes. Since both of us were so close to winning a few times, and we share tips & tricks all the time. Glad to know both of you are moving on. You are definate that the numbers you gave him is the one huh? Not sure how deep he is into the lottorey, after few tries and no win he will give up. You can try buying the ticket online to save you the trip.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                  Member #91
                  January 19, 2002
                  11931 Posts
                  Posted: September 15, 2008, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

LOL!!!

well if you find a way to play the same numbers you can still get half of the jackpot and then you won't have to worry about the injection,,,,although it's probably just a little pin prick!!!

Poke

Thinking of...

" Nigerian Injection"

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: September 22, 2008, 2:55 am - IP Logged

This thread HAS to be a joke, because nobody of any amount of stability would post this and expect anyone to buy it.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                      PA
                      United States
                      Member #22983
                      October 6, 2005
                      2226 Posts
                      Posted: September 22, 2008, 6:52 am - IP Logged

Yeah this is a line of crap or your are VERY gullible, maybe both. Have you ever me this idiot? Sounds to me like some type of Nigerian scam hiding under the guise of a lottery partnership. He is probably actually in Africa already. Sounds like he needs a lethal injection...

My advice? Don't ever pool with anyone far away, or anyone period for that matter. It just isn't worth the risk of a once in a lifetime jackpot. Bite the bullet yourself, you will be glad you did when you win big. Being cheap will come back to haunt you and make you even more broke than you started.

United States
                        Member #63718
                        August 5, 2008
                        10 Posts
                        Posted: September 22, 2008, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

Just for the record even if you delete an email from your "deleted items" folder it's still residing somewhere on your hard drive. any good computer forensics person would be able to retrieve it for evedince in a trial. Your safest play would be to make an occasional drive to a powerball state and buy  a few months worth of tickets. Thats what i do.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: September 22, 2008, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Not to worry your not going to win..